Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Winter Storm Warning issued for ATL?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive

Per my weather.com app.
Say it ain't so.
Anyone else have the joys of connecting through ATL tomorrow?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Travel waiver out for #ATL & 19 airports ahead of winter storm

http://bit.ly/1Dlfl18
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Flying through late in the day tomorrow... Fingers crossed.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Flying MCO to MEX tomorrow. For once not on DL so get to avoid ATL. Good timing!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
It is coming from the west and expected to affect BHM about mid morning, so maybe not an issue for ATL until mid to late afternoon
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive

2:30 BNA-ATL flight. Can't do any earlier (trade show til noon).
Looks like earlier may be better tomorrow.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:33 am

Programs: DL PM, Million Miler, IHG Platinum Elite, Ambassador Club
I'm at CDG right now (0930 Wednesday in Paris)--waiting to board an AF flight to ATL which is scheduled to arrive at 2:55 PM. All the postings say everything is on time (and the flight scheduled to arrive at 5:30 PM is showing to be on time as well)--but my daughter's school is closed today, and my wife has sent me messages that 2-4 inches of snow predicted.

Hopefully, I will be able to get in today without a whole lot of trouble. We'll see.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:13 am
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...1#.VO2gAi66bD4
Today Rain, mainly after 3pm. Areas of fog before 10am. High near 39. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tonight Rain and snow before 2am, then a chance of snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Patchy fog after midnight. Low around 32. East wind around 5 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Both my flights have already been canceled.

Rebooked for tomorrow.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
I'm supposed to pass through ATL to PBI this evening. Everything is on time so far..
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JesseRohr
I'm supposed to pass through ATL to PBI this evening. Everything is on time so far..
Which one? The 4:30 (#1053), 5:35 (#1285...this was my flight), and 8:05 (#1081) have all already been canceled. next up is 10:00pm and last one of the day.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec

I've got a flight that's within this waiver. Can I just cancel the trip and receive delta credit for a future (not yet booked) trip?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: DL PM; SPG Plat 100; Marriott Gold; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by lsugolfer
I've got a flight that's within this waiver. Can I just cancel the trip and receive delta credit for a future (not yet booked) trip?
Looks like you have up to a year to use the credit. See the waiver page on DL's website for full info.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsugolfer
If you simply cancel, you will have to pay a change fee on the credit when you rebook.

" If travel is not able to be rescheduled within these guidelines, customers may cancel their reservation and apply any unused value of the ticket toward the purchase of a new ticket for a period of one year from the original ticket issuance. Applicable change fee and fare difference will apply for new travel dates."
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Doesn't matter, flight was just canceled as expected and I'll simply cancel the itinerary for a refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.