Delta Announces SEA Service Expansion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:23 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL

The battle with AS continues with a fairly significant expansion of year-round service between SEA and a few additional Alaska destinations and some expansion in certain leisure markets on a seasonal basis. Note the fast track status promo at the end of the piece.

SEATTLE, Feb. 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) is adding service from its hub at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport to Kona International Airport and will increase service from select seasonal markets beginning as soon as summer 2015.

Delta Air Lines and the Delta Connection carriers offer service to nearly 370 destinations on six continents. For more information visit news.delta.com.
The new and increased Seattle service will operate as follows:

One daily flight to Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii beginning Dec. 19, 2015
One additional daily flight to Palm Springs, Calif., for a total of two daily seasonal flights beginning Dec. 19, 2015
One daily seasonal flight to Tucson, Ariz., which was previously Saturday service, beginning Dec. 19, 2015
Extension of seasonal service to daily year-round service to Fairbanks and Juneau, Alaska, beginning May 15, 2015
Expanded seasonal service to Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, beginning Oct. 3, 2015
"Over the past year, we've focused on building our Seattle hub by adding new service and investing in our products and facilities to provide a strong, differentiated option to key destinations for both our business and leisure customers," said Mike Medeiros, Delta's vice president of Seattle. "The addition of Kona service, along with expansion in other leisure markets, ensures our customers have even more choices when it's time to unwind."

Service to Kona will be operated with Boeing 757-200 aircraft. Fairbanks, Juneau and Puerto Vallarta will use Boeing 737-800 aircraft, while Los Cabos will use Airbus A319 aircraft. Palm Springs and Tucson service will be operated by Delta Connection carrier SkyWest using two-class, 65-seat CRJ-700 aircraft. Additionally, Delta will introduce Boeing 717 aircraft on some existing routes between Seattle and Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Phoenix.

As Seattle's global airline, Delta offers customers access to a worldwide network of destinations throughout Asia, Europe and the U.S. with 85 peak-day departures to 31 destinations from Seattle. By summer, the airline will operate 126 flights to 35 destinations from its West Coast hub.

Delta will serve Seattle's top 15 destinations in the Western U.S. when recently announced service to Boise, Idaho; Denver; and Sacramento, Calif., launches this spring. Ketchikan and Sitka, Alaska, service will also launch in May, completing the top five destinations in Alaska.

During the summer, Delta offers 10 long-haul international flights from Seattle, providing as much long-haul international service from Seattle as all other airlines combined. This includes the top five destinations in Asia and three of the top four destinations in Europe. Delta is the only carrier to offer nonstop service from Seattle to Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo-Haneda.

Every Delta flight from Seattle features jet service with BusinessElite/First Class and Economy Comfort seating and free entertainment options via Delta Studio as well as Wi-Fi service on every domestic aircraft operating in the contiguous U.S. Delta is the only carrier to offer full flat-bed seats with direct aisle access in BusinessElite on every long-haul international flight from Seattle along with entertainment on demand in every seat throughout the aircraft. Locally, Delta recently opened a 7,000-square-foot corporate office just outside Seattle in downtown Bellevue. The airline has also invested $15 million in its facilities at Sea-Tac, including its Delta Sky Club and recently completed lobby renovations, Sky Priority services, new gate area power recharging stations, expanded ticket counters and enhancements to the international arrivals area.

From now until July 31, residents of Washington, Alaska and Oregon can fast-track to Silver Medallion status in just two qualifying round-trip flights by enrolling in the "Two Trips to Silver" promotion using their SkyMiles number. By flying additional qualifying round-trips, SkyMiles members in these states can go on to earn Gold Medallion status and up to 30,000 bonus miles. Terms and exclusions apply and are available at delta.com/2tosilver...
http://news.delta.com/2015-02-23-Del...e-From-Seattle
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Nice to see Fairbanks and Juneau getting year round service.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, DL 1M, Marriott Elite, Hilton Gold, SPG Elite
Really, n/s service to Haneda ? Operating a route once per quarter doesn't count. Either operate the route or cut it. Don't false advertise.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by gator21
Nice to see Fairbanks and Juneau getting year round service.
Indeed ^
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Wow! 717 to PHX? We didn't even know that. When they will start?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The December 19th additions seem like special routes or added frequencies just for the holiday season of less than a month total duration.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:05 am

Programs: DL DM, DL SkyClub, DL AmEx Plat, SPG +, Hilton Silver, Hertz, Thrifty BlueChip, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by BahstunDLPT
Really, n/s service to Haneda ? Operating a route once per quarter doesn't count. Either operate the route or cut it. Don't false advertise.
I just read this and said the same thing to my SO. Otherwise, I'm happy with the expansions!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Would be nice if they added SEA-DEN.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:22 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Would be nice if they added SEA-DEN.
DEN service starts this spring, along with BOI and SMF.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - Delta Platinum - Hyatt Platinum - Hertz President Circle - NEXUS - Global Entry
The last SEA passenger numbers I saw showed that Alaska numbers went up slightly, with Delta's way up of course with all their expansion.
It was Southwest and United that had drops. UA has announced closure of both the flight attendant and pilot bases at SEA. They seem to have conceded SEA to Delta and AS
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
i was talking to my over 70 years old uncle who owned a travel agency selling tickets for northwest (over most of his entire life, i think) he commented that delta would shut down seattle to hong kong eventually. he said that among the west coast, seattle has much less traffic comparing to los angeles/ san francisco/ vancouver.

i added that there arent many wide bodies domestic out of seattle, it means premium traffic wont get premium services connecting at seattle.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
There aren't many widebodies to domestic destinations out of LAX, either, so I suppose LAX is doomed as a TPAC hub.

SEA has nearly twice the passenger count of YVR.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:42 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
There aren't many widebodies to domestic destinations out of LAX, either, so I suppose LAX is doomed as a TPAC hub.

SEA has nearly twice the passenger count of YVR.
Huh? DL alone has domestic widebody service from LAX-HNL,ATL,MSP,DTW and JFK! Not to mention those widebodies operated by AA & UA to ORD, IAD, IAH as well. SEA has none of this aside from the occasional seasonal upgrade on DL.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by us2
The battle with AS continues with a fairly significant expansion of year-round service between SEA and a few additional Alaska destinations ---
I just love competition. ^
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Quote:

Originally Posted by us2

The battle with AS continues with a fairly significant expansion of year-round service between SEA and a few additional Alaska destinations ---

I just love competition.
Me too but I hope AS wins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.