Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Disgusting LAX Skyclub Feb 13, 2015 9:00am

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Formally TPAbound/Delta Diamond 1MM/Hilton Diamond/Marriott Silver/Priority Club Gold

Really Delta?! This is what I pay for? Apathetic staff, overflowing garbage, allowing guest to make beds with chairs and doing nothing about it. These pic's were all taken within 10 feet of my chair. There were at least 20 patrons looking for seats and no one emptied the garbage until I complained about it. Disgusting. Do something about it.

Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
This club does seem particularly understaffed. It took me >5 minutes just to show my boarding pass to get into the lounge during my last visit. Bathrooms were also not very pleasant.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
All the Skydumps are sad to me (there is nothing "lounge" about them), but this one is among the worst. I will say the staff is among the best.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Quoting from the Club rules:

• Delta reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone who interferes with the business-like atmosphere of the Delta Sky Club.
  • Attire while in a Delta Sky Club must be in keeping with good taste and a dignified atmosphere.

OP... You must have too high expectations with respect to the "business-like atmosphere" and the "good taste and a dignified atmosphere."

I venture to say that Va Ave does not care if the clubs are pits, as long as they are money-making pits.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
This club does seem particularly understaffed. It took me >5 minutes just to show my boarding pass to get into the lounge during my last visit. Bathrooms were also not very pleasant.
>5 minutes isn't bad. That can be anywhere between .01 seconds to 4 minutes and 59.99 seconds.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Does the guy in the 2nd pic have a big hole in his sock with a toe sticking out?

This is why I would never purchase SC membership or even a day pass for that matter...
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
Does the guy in the 2nd pic have a big hole in his sock with a toe sticking out?

This is why I would never purchase SC membership or even a day pass for that matter...
Yup, that is a toe.....
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:01 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
>5 minutes isn't bad. That can be anywhere between .01 seconds to 4 minutes and 59.99 seconds.
> is greater than so it can be anywhere between 5.01 minutes and forever.

< is less than...
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: DL PM, Million Miler, IHG Platinum Elite, Ambassador Club
Are you going to forward this to Virginia Avenue? We'd like to know their reply (if they do anything at all).

Too much accessibility into SC lounges allows this kind of mess--especially at the hub airports.

Just another reason to avoid LAX--security waits at the Delta terminal are long (but others are worse), TSA will not open lane for Sky Priority members, and the airport's infrastructure needs a significant overhaul.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by puddinhead
> is greater than so it can be anywhere between 5.01 minutes and forever.

< is less than...
Let him have this one... He seems extra angsty recently
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
" >5 " means more than 5 minutes, not less than.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I agree. I have consistently found the LAX club to be FILTHY. Please do forward this pic. I will also take some when I am there next week and send to corporate. For a club in a major city with lots of BE pax going through this is particularly pitiful. However, basic cleanliness should be a standard at all clubs.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Nice butt scratch behind toe boy. This looks like the aftermath of a frat party after a big football win.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
I arrived at that lounge after a red=eye that had been delayed by five hours. I was quite crabby. As I entered the club, all I could hear was 3 year old running around the pillars playing the screaming game while the dad played games on his phone. After about 10 minutes of this, I went up to the agent at the desk to complain. He said, he could not do anything unless someone offered an official complaint. I told him that I was officially complaining.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:19 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TarnishedHalo
Nice butt scratch behind toe boy.
Heavens to Betsy!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.