Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Disgusting LAX Skyclub Feb 13, 2015 9:00am

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disgusting LAX Skyclub Feb 13, 2015 9:00am

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
These pictures are the reason I always head straight to the Alaska club when I have a greater than 30 minute layover. I've never found it as crowded and gross as the LAX SC. And Alaska's club still features complimentary craft beer. I just hope the alliance lasts notwithstanding the bickering in SEA.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by BNAChairman
These pictures are the reason I always head straight to the Alaska club when I have a greater than 30 minute layover. I've never found it as crowded and gross as the LAX SC. And Alaska's club still features complimentary craft beer. I just hope the alliance lasts notwithstanding the bickering in SEA.
I was going to post this exact same thing - Alaska is available on Priority Pass. Less crowded, cleaner, better food, better patrons. I used to be frustrated by flying out of T6, now I hope for it.

Plus, there's a pancake machine.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Maybe they should pass out socks to everyone as they enter....
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Wow, no requisite rebuttal from the usuals???
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA, HA, DL
Originally Posted by buffcoat
Plus, there's a pancake machine.
Shhhhhhhh...........
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Navig8R
Delta definitely needs to take pride in the upkeep of their lounges, especially considering the price for entry, but the lack of personal responsibility of the customer base is just as if not more appalling. There is no consideration for other people anymore. Damn shame
IMO part of the problem is that some SC agents aren't willing to do anything to enforce reasonable rules, such as noise in quiet zones, children running around screaming, changing diapers on light colored upholstered furniture without using a changing pad of any sort, dogs walking around loose in the lounge, etc. People have learned that anything goes and some have no respect whatsoever either for others or for the physical surroundings.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:43 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Give the miscreants a lifetime ban.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by puddinhead
Give the miscreants a lifetime ban.
That would be good, assuming that the permaban were fairly imposed.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: Skymiles member
LAX sky club is too small to accommodate its visitors; I stopped using it due to the fact that I prefer to be somewhere other than the club! Food/snack options are a crapshoot...rather pay to be at coffee bean or lemonade
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Originally Posted by TarnishedHalo
Nice butt scratch behind toe boy. This looks like the aftermath of a frat party after a big football win.
That would be a Yoga Pant pick.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM | US PP | Hilton Gold
Can you enter the club if you are flying LAX-HNL in F? I'm pretty sure the answer is NO.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by john doe iii
Can you enter the club if you are flying LAX-HNL in F? I'm pretty sure the answer is NO.
Are you continuing/connecting to Japan that day (as a GM+)?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That would be good, assuming that the permaban were fairly imposed.
Maybe we should take the initiative to print out little laminated cards that can be posted at the front desk or write a 20 second script all sky club agents should read e.g. :"Please remember that all guests are expected to exercise common courtesy and respect during their visit, so please help us do your part"

Unfortunately someone will mis-perceive this and I'm sure it's a discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen....
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: DL DM and 1.5 MM, UA GM, HH DM
Perhaps you should send Delta the photos verse venting here?.. Just a thought
Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
LAX Skyclub Bathroom warning - normal ones are shut down. They have two "family" unisex bathrooms. Word of warning - go outside the club unless you enjoy lines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.