Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

I feel good about taking first step to bail on Delta and Delta SkyMiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I feel good about taking first step to bail on Delta and Delta SkyMiles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: American AAdvantage ExecPlat, Former DL Skymiles Diamond (MM), Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by craig44485
Made the decision to go with best pricing and flights available and give up on being loyal to any one particular airline. I figure I fly BE on my own dime, and living in SE Asia I have the opportunity to try other airlines that service my general living area. It was hard at first, but now, I'm over it.

I have flown Business class on CX and SQ on my recent TPACs and the product and service was vastly superior to DLs, both hard and soft product. That's not to say I still don't fly DL, when flying to NRT,which I do at least once a month, I fly BE on DL because of their non stop MNL NRT flight, where on CX and SQ I'd have to connect in HKG or SIN, so for me, the blind loyalty to DL is over.

Do what's best for you, as the Airlines will continue to do what's best for them and their FFP.
If I could pay for BE, I'd not be a member of any loyalty program either. Far better options if you don't need the status for upgrades.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I mostly divorced DL in 2009. I could see from their behavior, that they weren't trustworthy from a Frequent Flyer viewpoint.

That being said, their product and service is fine for a US airline. Doesn't hold up against many international airline service, of course.

I do sometimes think they fired Shena from her GA position, but then rehired her for Jeff's old job.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: American AAdvantage ExecPlat, Former DL Skymiles Diamond (MM), Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by maksimfa
Domestically Delta has the best flight experience and why I travel with them. Why waste your time on anything else?
For me it was different. I didn't like how Delta was cramming more seats into the planes (the 737-900 is what finally got me to look at other airlines, esp. that super-cramped and mega-claustropbic lav in 1st)

Then the Skymiles changes are what finally got me to go. For me it was an inferior product that I wasn't even getting perks to stick with. So I switched. So far I'm happy. If things change I'll re-evaluate my choices at the time.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by ellis01
For me it was different. I didn't like how Delta was cramming more seats into the planes (the 737-900 is what finally got me to look at other airlines, esp. that super-cramped and mega-claustropbic lav in 1st)
But to be fair, DL may be the only airline where accountants design an aircraft's interior.

Last edited by Sabai; Feb 14, 2015 at 4:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.