Dl 611 lax - hnl

Old Feb 12, 15, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM | US PP | Hilton Gold
Dl 611 lax - hnl

I'm looking to burn some miles to HNL. After extensive research, this flight appears to be the only decent FC product offered by the big 4.

What are your thoughts on the Business Elite FC cabin? and is it worth the 50k miles each way?
Old Feb 12, 15, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I wouldn't pay a lot of extra miles for a morning flight in a lie-flat seat on a six hour flight, and I like the lie-flats of the 767-300ER. I'm not looking for sound sleep on an 8:30AM departure.
Old Feb 12, 15, 1:12 pm

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
If you are flying solo, it is a very nice way to travel.
Old Feb 12, 15, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
I don't think I would burn 100K miles on that alone. But it is a far better a plane than what I flew last week LAX-OGG. It was a tired 752 with no IFE and the FA rushed through dinner so she could read for 4 hours.

You will still get the unimpressive domestic F service and no Westin blanket, just will have more entertainment options and a better seat.
Old Feb 12, 15, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM | US PP | Hilton Gold
Roll the dice?

I'm flying with my daughter and really wanted her to experience the BE seats.

Maybe roll the dice and hope for an upgrade? I can either purchase or use miles to book in Y.
Old Feb 12, 15, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by john doe iii View Post
I'm flying with my daughter and really wanted her to experience the BE seats.

Maybe roll the dice and hope for an upgrade? I can either purchase or use miles to book in Y.
My flights have been clearing at the window
Old Feb 13, 15, 7:23 am

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
If you have a lot of miles and this is a special trip I would say its worth it. You will be much more comfortable. 6 hours is not the same as a 10 or 12 hour flight, but it's still a good amount of time to be in the air. As others said, you won't get BE service, but you will get to stretch out and be comfortable.
Old Feb 14, 15, 9:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond, MM, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, etc
How can you make sure you get lie flats?

I went SLC HNL in December and it was the old Barcalounger First Class seats with a small IFE screen that was a little blurry.
Old Feb 14, 15, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime GE), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by slipbeer View Post
How can you make sure you get lie flats?

I went SLC HNL in December and it was the old Barcalounger First Class seats with a small IFE screen that was a little blurry.
SLC-HNL practically always has the horrible domestic FC aircraft. Other than ATL-HNL A330 (and this summer 747), only LAX-NGO flight with a stopover in HNL (DL 611) is almost surely guaranteed to have the BE seats, as it continues on (same DL 611) from HNL to NGO. There is a chance that it may be a domestic aircraft on DL611 and an aircraft change in HNL required for the continuation onto NGO as DL611, but that is rare. Generally that (and just that one morning flight from LAX) will be the BE seats.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: