Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Terms and Conditions Change

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Skymiles Terms and Conditions Change

Don't see a post about it (please merge with it if there is a post) but saw this blog post from Gary that they changed the T&C to sneak interesting wording in....

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....omment-3635483

More devaluations to come? I feel so bad for DL folks right now...
Old Feb 10, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
The next shoe drops... March 1 may turn into the new ides of March...
Old Feb 10, 2015, 7:53 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I continue to wonder what all of this will look like in 15 years... The industry is in huge transition right now. Particularly as Southwest, Virgin US, JetBlue, and Frontier are all in expansion mode.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Wow, DL is on a roll. Did someone get greedy in ATL all of a sudden or did this "let's fleece them" illness just come out of hibernation?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Wow, DL is on a roll. Did someone get greedy in ATL all of a sudden or did this "let's fleece them" illness just come out of hibernation?
The hibernation one
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Grab your pitchforks and torches. I'll meet you at VA Ave.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:48 pm

It's just the overall arrogance of Delta. It starts with Richard and goes from there. Delta's done a helluva job as a company and now the present results aren't nearly good enough. So with the cockiness, it's a scorched earth as Delta thinks it can do whatever it wants. It's the reality.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:35 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by n7371f
It's just the overall arrogance of Delta. It starts with Richard and goes from there. Delta's done a helluva job as a company and now the present results aren't nearly good enough. So with the cockiness, it's a scorched earth as Delta thinks it can do whatever it wants. It's the reality.
Wall Street meets Airline street!
It's all about how much money can the top executives take home every year?
$10-to-100 million per year not enough?
Come on!
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:39 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Wow. Makes sense, but does it mean they are going to set exactly how much each point is worth now? heh.

1 cent per mile redemptions here we come?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by maksimfa
Wow. Makes sense, but does it mean they are going to set exactly how much each point is worth now? heh.

1 cent per mile redemptions here we come?
Well, they're currently worth less than that on many of their "award" prices.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: DL DM, MM
Question for the forum - does anyone think that VA Ave believes it can get away with the gutting of J TPAC and TATL awards from this?

I'm sure most FF would bolt if this goes down. The transoceanic J was the biggest benefit.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by StuckOnSegments
I'm sure most FF would bolt if this goes down. The transoceanic J was the biggest benefit.
Just get a job at DL and become a non-rev. All the J TATL you can handle.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by n7371f
This. I've commented regularly over the past few years that DL has becoming increasingly arrogant in their approach.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by edcho
Don't see a post about it (please merge with it if there is a post) but saw this blog post from Gary that they changed the T&C to sneak interesting wording in....

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....omment-3635483

More devaluations to come? I feel so bad for DL folks right now...
Actually this seems to play right in with the recent removal of the award level chart... you don't need a chart if they're going to set a price per mile for redemption, and effectively kill any BE awards in the process since that TPAC ticket would require 700k miles.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rylan
Actually this seems to play right in with the recent removal of the award level chart... you don't need a chart if they're going to set a price per mile for redemption, and effectively kill any BE awards in the process since that TPAC ticket would require 700k miles.
Will it even be a set ratio of miles to dollars of ticket cost? Or will DL do everything with personalized prices?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.