Old Feb 8, 15, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
OLCI Having issues?

Olci is refusing to allow me to check in, or bring yup my PNR

Anyone else having issues?
Old Feb 8, 15, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Details would help. Code share? Domestic vs international? Special requests?
Old Feb 8, 15, 8:11 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.1MM, NEXUS, SC Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LVC everywhere
Website? Mobile? Both?
Old Feb 8, 15, 8:49 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott PP
I'm having the same problem on the webpage. I got an Advisory screen and the following message from the website: "We’re sorry, Check-in is unavailable at this time. If you need to check in for a flight, please use the Fly Delta app or a self-service kiosk at the airport."

I had no problem checking in with the Fly Delta App from my phone.

Old Feb 8, 15, 8:50 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Used iPhone for OLCI a few minutes ago for a domestic flight later today. No issue.
Old Feb 8, 15, 8:51 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, NW/DL 2MM
The Mobile App was down and said "Try again later". I did - it worked.

Kinda like the Magic 8-Ball at this point...
Old Feb 8, 15, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
Originally Posted by SuperG1955 View Post
Website? Mobile? Both?
Sorry.. Checking appears down for me on iPhone, iPad and www

It's for a DL 767 service tomorrow from LHR to ATL
Old Feb 8, 15, 9:15 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA Gold MM, Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, Hertz PC
Cannot checkin on iPad for the past couple of ours for my domestic flight tomorrow.
Old Mar 10, 16, 7:36 am

Today:
Cannot OLCI on iphone app: it is a flight to Canada, one way, and after entering my US passport details I get an error message. Ten attempts trying different ways to enter my name (middle name, no middle name, space, no space...)... Fail.

Call DL support: it is security, nothing you can do, "in these times", etc... Cannot admit that their technology failed.

So I try on delta.com on a computer... And there appears an additional field asking for the date I will leave Canada (the return flight is on a different ticket and airline). I entered it and got my boarding pass.

Conclusion : there is a limitation in the app and the support was unable to handle it. Instead, they blamed it on "security", tough times etc... And did not care about me losing my spot on the upgrade list. However the solution was simple.
Old Mar 10, 16, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Spire, others
Originally Posted by af fp View Post
Today:
Cannot OLCI on iphone app: it is a flight to Canada, one way, and after entering my US passport details I get an error message. Ten attempts trying different ways to enter my name (middle name, no middle name, space, no space...)... Fail.

Call DL support: it is security, nothing you can do, "in these times", etc... Cannot admit that their technology failed.

So I try on delta.com on a computer... And there appears an additional field asking for the date I will leave Canada (the return flight is on a different ticket and airline). I entered it and got my boarding pass.

Conclusion : there is a limitation in the app and the support was unable to handle it. Instead, they blamed it on "security", tough times etc... And did not care about me losing my spot on the upgrade list. However the solution was simple.
Please explain about losing your spot on the upgrade list.
Old Mar 10, 16, 1:16 pm

No on line check in was almost routine on a 4 flight 1 day MR.
Old Mar 11, 16, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by sethb View Post
Please explain about losing your spot on the upgrade list.
Don't you have to check in if your uograde has not cleared yet? Otherwise other people who check in might clear before you can check in?
Old Mar 15, 16, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Spire, others
Originally Posted by af fp View Post
Don't you have to check in if your uograde has not cleared yet? Otherwise other people who check in might clear before you can check in?
They don't clear upgrades until the last hour, so if you arrive at the airport on time (according the their recommended times), you check in before they start upgrading.
Old Mar 15, 16, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL PM, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by KenfromDE View Post
No on line check in was almost routine on a 4 flight 1 day MR.
I've never had a problem with checking in for same-day turn MRs. I've had five segments in one day before.
Old Mar 15, 16, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WWads View Post
I've never had a problem with checking in for same-day turn MRs. I've had five segments in one day before.
When I had a same-day MR (4 segments), when checking in at the airport for the first the machine just asked if I wanted to check in for the outgoing or the return (since both were within 24 hours).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: