FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   OLCI Having issues? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1653205-olci-having-issues.html)

heckler Feb 8, 2015 6:41 am

OLCI Having issues?

Olci is refusing to allow me to check in, or bring yup my PNR

Anyone else having issues?

fromYXU Feb 8, 2015 7:15 am

Details would help. Code share? Domestic vs international? Special requests?

SuperG1955 Feb 8, 2015 8:11 am

Website? Mobile? Both?

ajwright Feb 8, 2015 8:49 am

I'm having the same problem on the webpage. I got an Advisory screen and the following message from the website: "We’re sorry, Check-in is unavailable at this time. If you need to check in for a flight, please use the Fly Delta app or a self-service kiosk at the airport."

I had no problem checking in with the Fly Delta App from my phone.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/z8...Acw=w1199-h501

CJKatl Feb 8, 2015 8:50 am

Used iPhone for OLCI a few minutes ago for a domestic flight later today. No issue.

Rocheflyer Feb 8, 2015 8:51 am

The Mobile App was down and said "Try again later". I did - it worked.

Kinda like the Magic 8-Ball at this point...

heckler Feb 8, 2015 8:59 am

Originally Posted by SuperG1955 (Post 24312569)
Website? Mobile? Both?

Sorry.. Checking appears down for me on iPhone, iPad and www

It's for a DL 767 service tomorrow from LHR to ATL

den1k Feb 8, 2015 9:15 am

Cannot checkin on iPad for the past couple of ours for my domestic flight tomorrow.

af fp Mar 10, 2016 7:36 am

Today:
Cannot OLCI on iphone app: it is a flight to Canada, one way, and after entering my US passport details I get an error message. Ten attempts trying different ways to enter my name (middle name, no middle name, space, no space...)... Fail.

Call DL support: it is security, nothing you can do, "in these times", etc... Cannot admit that their technology failed.

So I try on delta.com on a computer... And there appears an additional field asking for the date I will leave Canada (the return flight is on a different ticket and airline). I entered it and got my boarding pass.

Conclusion : there is a limitation in the app and the support was unable to handle it. Instead, they blamed it on "security", tough times etc... And did not care about me losing my spot on the upgrade list. However the solution was simple.

sethb Mar 10, 2016 11:21 am

Originally Posted by af fp (Post 26312494)
Today:
Cannot OLCI on iphone app: it is a flight to Canada, one way, and after entering my US passport details I get an error message. Ten attempts trying different ways to enter my name (middle name, no middle name, space, no space...)... Fail.

Call DL support: it is security, nothing you can do, "in these times", etc... Cannot admit that their technology failed.

So I try on delta.com on a computer... And there appears an additional field asking for the date I will leave Canada (the return flight is on a different ticket and airline). I entered it and got my boarding pass.

Conclusion : there is a limitation in the app and the support was unable to handle it. Instead, they blamed it on "security", tough times etc... And did not care about me losing my spot on the upgrade list. However the solution was simple.

Please explain about losing your spot on the upgrade list.

KenfromDE Mar 10, 2016 1:16 pm

No on line check in was almost routine on a 4 flight 1 day MR.

af fp Mar 11, 2016 7:41 am

Originally Posted by sethb (Post 26313642)
Please explain about losing your spot on the upgrade list.

Don't you have to check in if your uograde has not cleared yet? Otherwise other people who check in might clear before you can check in?

sethb Mar 15, 2016 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by af fp (Post 26317740)
Don't you have to check in if your uograde has not cleared yet? Otherwise other people who check in might clear before you can check in?

They don't clear upgrades until the last hour, so if you arrive at the airport on time (according the their recommended times), you check in before they start upgrading.

KDCAflyer Mar 15, 2016 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by KenfromDE (Post 26314298)
No on line check in was almost routine on a 4 flight 1 day MR.

I've never had a problem with checking in for same-day turn MRs. I've had five segments in one day before.

sethb Mar 15, 2016 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 26337991)
I've never had a problem with checking in for same-day turn MRs. I've had five segments in one day before.

When I had a same-day MR (4 segments), when checking in at the airport for the first the machine just asked if I wanted to check in for the outgoing or the return (since both were within 24 hours).