Old Feb 7, 2015, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Renes Points
On 6FEB15 Delta removed award charts on Delta.com. Below are links to the published charts from 2015 hosted by blogs at boardingarea.com and upgrd.com.

Generic US, Alaska & Canada charts from 2015: Coach class Business class

TRAVEL FROM THE U.S. & CANADA (EXCLUDES HAWAII): Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM HAWAII: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM MEXICO: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE CARIBBEAN: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM CENTRAL AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN SOUTH AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTHERN SOUTH AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM EUROPE: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE MIDDLE EAST: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM AFRICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTH AFRICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE SOUTH ASIAN SUBCONTINENT: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN ASIA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTHEAST ASIA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE SOUTHWEST PACIFIC: Coach Class and Business Class

For fare codes 1-5 see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1648303-new-dl-award-buckets.html
Print Wikipost

Where is Delta’s award chart?

Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:51 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Implementation of status based rates and availability, as predicted.

Stop treating miles like currency; its a fools ' errand.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 1:01 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Wow. Just wow. I lost out when DL shifted to RDMs earned based on spend. But a few of my friends came out ahead. Way ahead, at 70,000 RDMs per flight, up from about 30,000 or 40,000. Or so we thought. In my opinion, this pretty clearly signals that DL is moving towards a penny per SkyMile for redemptions. So those who have been celebrating their value as High Value Customers, I wonder where they stand now? Previously, three or four flights earned my HVC friends a round trip in Business Elite to almost anywhere. At a penny a SkyMile, even earning a whopping 70,000 per trip, they are looking at upwards of ten trips before they get that same Business Elite (or Delta One or whatever it's called). Yeah, DL really values you. But good news, this should further drive share value so it's all good, even if it takes three to four times as many SkyMiles for a trip to Europe or Asia.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Downloaded everything and will post to my blog. Shame on Delta...
Matt, can you edit the WiKi above and add the two I missed that you have (plus TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN ASIA) ?

Last edited by Renes Points; Feb 7, 2015 at 4:31 am
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Removing the award chart that has fixed award redemption levels was probably inevitable considering the married segment award logic that has been implemented.
Since the "logic" can lead in theory to any possible outcome, a corresponding chart would be impossible to construct.
This is probably so done by DL to pave the way to silently, in stealth mode (well, it being obvious to most in the know, but so not disclosed, and thus a few die hard "mother Delta" loyalists to whom it can do no wrong claiming that it isn't so) do one of two things, go one of two ways how this can go:

* EOS (End of SkyMiles, for which DL was hiring for years ago) and introduction of FBATR via SkyPennies (1cpm or such FBATR - fare-based award travel redemption, for which DL was also hiring before and has had many years to work on it since)

* move to segment-by-segment pricing, a-la-Avios (now this the numerous blatantly ignorant DL phone res reps would just absolutely love, as it'll finally make the nonsense the've been spewing out to pax when tickets mispriced before, about it being "because you have an AS flight" or "because you can't mix Delta with other airlines, that will cost you more" or "because ______ flight is making it cost more", be actually true)

...or the worst of all, combination of both: FBATR on each segment (based on one-way direct flight) and additive segment-by-segment pricing, that would result to well under 1cpm values in most cases for A-Z flights. Don't be surprised if it's worse than the worst case you are imaginging and is this combination of both, which, naturally makes your "SkyMilesPennies easier to use than ever" (even though a SkyPenny isn't even worth a penny then). That's what the future may hold after the EOS, that we are almost upon..

Last edited by RealHJ; Feb 7, 2015 at 7:27 am
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist, AA, Delta, Southwest CP, Citi Prestige, MLife Platinum
Domestic redemptions may improve if 1 mile = 1.5 cents but terrible for international. There should have been an email with at least 90 days notice, or really wait until 2016.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: DL PM
To me, this is clearly a response to the The Points Guy and others who searched a number of routes en masse shortly after New Years and found a number of routes with little to no Low (Level 1) availability.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by pieperjm88
I don't see what all the doom and gloom is about and I find it interesting that ThePointsGuy and some other BoardingArea bloggers mention that they think this is the beginning of a revenue based redemption system. I don't see any basis for that, although it does seem likely that Delta is just trying to take away reference so that when somebody sees an award that is priced higher than it should be, they'll have nowhere to appeal to.
What it's about is you have no way of knowing whether DL is screwing you over; and they attempt to screw you over repeatedly.

Originally Posted by Quinlanty
For what its worth, I asked Delta Assist, and they said they are aware the chart is missing and contacted IT to fix it?
Ah yes. Blame IT. It's always a "glitch." Except they never fix the glitches, because the glitches are exactly how they want things.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO this is the beginning of personalized prices for award tickets, just like DL offered personalized pricing for the purchase of MQMs at then end of 2014.
And just like they tried offering personalized pricing on tickets paid with money, until a TV report called them out on it, and claimed it was a "glitch." Who knows, they may still be doing it.

Originally Posted by RealHJ
By far the most important question to ask here is: did anyone have the foresight and wisdom to print the current DL award charts to PDF or save the HTML file? If so, please share it with all here!

Somehow DL has managed to block any of the more recent charts from being saved in the Way Back Machine (archive.org). It has nothing from 2015 on any of the charts I checked; just 2013 and earlier 2014 before the changes were published. (Which makes it seem that DL has planned for this way in advance.)

Just like it was so before (that is actually what pushed me to join FT back years ago, seeing that DL did not publish its award charts and knowing that WorldPerks would be moved into the completely obfusciated SkyMiles program with higher pricing and no published award charts), now it's back to relying on someone having saved all the 15 award charts.
Does it matter? They can change it without even telling anyone. Those charts are now nothing more than historical data. DL took them down so as not to be bound by them.

Originally Posted by stephem
Still wondering what the "positive spin" is for this ;-)
Such as, "this is good for high value flyers because..."
So glad I burned through almost everything I had earned over the years on DL.
I burned about 800K but have nearly 500K yet to burn. Am trying to burn them fast. DL has the best hard and soft product and on average the best people among the US based airlines but I don't like being treated like a sucker.

The arrogance of these pr*cks is really something to see. The next time the economy goes into the toilet it'll almost be worth it just to see them reverse course and start begging for customers again.

Last edited by Canarsie; Feb 7, 2015 at 9:13 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
Originally Posted by HongKonger
I burned about 800K but have nearly 500K yet to burn. Am trying to burn them fast. DL has the best hard and soft product and on average the best people among the US based airlines but I don't like being treated like a sucker.
^
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Does it matter? They can change it without even telling anyone. Those charts are now nothing more than historical data. DL took them down so as not to be bound by them.
It still does, if nothing else then for the principle of not paying more than the normal level (level 1) and knowing when you are screwed over (don't be like the victims of the MD serial rapist recently arressted, whose victims were so drunk that they don't even know or remember they got raped; at least be conscious of when DL is screwing you over). And plus, I don't think that DL will go and outright change the level pricing yet. That is to come several months (at best, may be a year) later.. first DL just wants us to forget that there was any award chart (point of reference). It's still useful to have it, for the next few months if not the rest of 2015 as a point of reference, and knowing which booking class should correspond to what price (...likely). After all, DL can't take away the booking classes (OD)... or can they? I wonder if that's next. They can surely block displaying those, so that may be the next move.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:50 am

+1
And SkyTeam, at least for me, has the best network and by far the best reach. I've flown a good 100K miles on OneWorld and *A the last two years, but the routing options are more limited, and OW and *A airlines have much more often angled lie flat or ancient recliners vs. SkyTeam airlines having more true lie flats.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Instead of not displaying the award classes, DL could say that they're all special cases of O etc. and then just display the O.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:56 am

I'm sitting on 900K, stupidly transferring many miles from Amex with that scare in the fall. It is my default airline and I thought it was a good idea to have miles on hand.
So two weeks ago I booked a free J ticket to CPH - had to call it in - and not 36 hours later there was a schedule change and they moved me to a flight the following day.
Clumsy process to no good end.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Awhile ago, someone posted a Wiki with fare classes for each level of award travel. So, for example, "O" class was for Level 1 Business Elite/First Class redemption. Can someone please post this info on this Wiki too? That way, when I'm booking an award ticket, I know what level I'm booking at -- at least for now.

This whole thing is ridiculous. How can we shame DL into backing off of this nonsense? To the poster who made a reference to Animal Farm--totally spot on.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:20 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Awhile ago, someone posted a Wiki with fare classes for each level of award travel. So, for example, "O" class was for Level 1 Business Elite/First Class redemption. Can someone please post this info on this Wiki too? That way, when I'm booking an award ticket, I know what level I'm booking at -- at least for now.

This whole thing is ridiculous. How can we shame DL into backing off of this nonsense? To the poster who made a reference to Animal Farm--totally spot on.
you can do a search for threads started by me to find that thread. then just cut and paste into the wiki here. I am only on a mobile device now so I cannot do it.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by fti
you can do a search for threads started by me to find that thread. then just cut and paste into the wiki here. I am only on a mobile device now so I cannot do it.
Could you please ask the moderators to please do something to make a link to this thread (for its wiki) from one of the DL sticky threads at the top of this forum?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.