Old Feb 7, 2015, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Renes Points
On 6FEB15 Delta removed award charts on Delta.com. Below are links to the published charts from 2015 hosted by blogs at boardingarea.com and upgrd.com.

Generic US, Alaska & Canada charts from 2015: Coach class Business class

TRAVEL FROM THE U.S. & CANADA (EXCLUDES HAWAII): Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM HAWAII: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM MEXICO: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE CARIBBEAN: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM CENTRAL AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN SOUTH AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTHERN SOUTH AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM EUROPE: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE MIDDLE EAST: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM AFRICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTH AFRICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE SOUTH ASIAN SUBCONTINENT: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN ASIA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTHEAST ASIA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE SOUTHWEST PACIFIC: Coach Class and Business Class

For fare codes 1-5 see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1648303-new-dl-award-buckets.html
Print Wikipost

Where is Delta’s award chart?

Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:23 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Seriously Delta!?? Really getting fed up
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I did some spot checking and 60K economy TATL and 125K biz are still available -- at least on the search engine -- didn't actually book. So no price changes -- yet.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by akcae
This'll be our new chart:

$0.01 = 1 SkyMile

Delta's spin: SkyMiles Program enhancement -- all seats on all flights available for award redemption!
Bingo! The writing's been on the wall for about 18-24 months.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:42 pm

This is most likely related to the slew of changes which were made in the way complicated trips are priced. And lots and lots of confusions and anger in situations like this
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ds-europe.html

For many tickets (like mine) the award charts as they were, are simply wrong. It wasn't Tier 1-5 for USA > EU. Because if it wasn't all in low, then it was Tier 1-5 USA > EU + EU-Low... you can imagine this getting complicated quickly.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:45 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
For what its worth, I asked Delta Assist, and they said they are aware the chart is missing and contacted IT to fix it?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:49 pm

I think they have pulled the award charts until they can fix the IT issues with award ticket pricing.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
You know, the thing that makes this and the other batch of changes to make things more opaque so insipid is that Delta's IT systems are so bad. I use the award chart because the booking engine often gets things wrong, and seeing the chart allows me to know when I need to call a phone agent to have things manually priced.

I don't want to know what IRRRES is, or what reissuing a ticket means. But after two hours at an airport during which I almost missed my Air France flight because the ticket wasn't issued correctly, it became my business to know. And hiding the ticketing details and fare construction means I can't tell if the idiot I talked to on the phone who didn't sound competent actually did their job properly.

I don't actually care much about fare bucket availability data, in and of itself. But it probably costs Delta $2 or more every time I call to ask about using an SWU now that they made the upgrade availability opaque. There is no reason I shouldn't be able to check this on Delta.com. Alaska allows me to scope my searches to flights with "upgrades available". Hell, they could probably even convince people to pay more money for flights with GUC space, if they had their act together.

I don't need to see seat maps on ExpertFlyer if Delta would preserve seat assignments through schedule changes and aircraft swaps. But because they don't, the ability to set alerts to monitor seating on upcoming flights was very valuable to me.

This is a huge mistake and Delta's going to take a LOT of heat for making it. Pretty sure this is a change on the scale that merits newspaper travel writer articles. (Newspaper travel writers who monitor FlyerTalk... this is your cue. Go get 'em!)
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
For a normal airline, we ask "where are the award seats?" For delta, we ask "where are the award charts?"
So true lol.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
CONFIRMED! Delta will not longer publish award charts!

I have confirmed this change with Delta. I will be blogging about it soon.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
This is horse s#$%. Here's @DeltaAssist with the win:

"Thx for tweeting about the Award Chart. Delta no longer publishes Award charts. We've launched the new Award calendar which offers an easier search for Awards."
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by CGNC
This is horse s#$%. Here's @DeltaAssist with the win:

"Thx for tweeting about the Award Chart. Delta no longer publishes Award charts. We've launched the new Award calendar which offers an easier search for Awards."
DL is going for consistency. No award charts AND no award seats.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
No award charts means no need to prove you're honoring them.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Delta Points

I have confirmed this change with Delta. I will be blogging about it soon.
DL is so predictable it's unfortunate.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by GUWonder
DL is so predictable it's unfortunate.
Plus, how do I save enough miles for my trip to wherever? I have no idea how many MAX it will take for me and the family. I just have to guess?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL
Wow, this is a great enhancement. Now whatever bugs appear in the award search magically disappear, what mismatch in miles were you referring to?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.