Old Feb 7, 2015, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Renes Points
On 6FEB15 Delta removed award charts on Delta.com. Below are links to the published charts from 2015 hosted by blogs at boardingarea.com and upgrd.com.

Generic US, Alaska & Canada charts from 2015: Coach class Business class

TRAVEL FROM THE U.S. & CANADA (EXCLUDES HAWAII): Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM HAWAII: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM MEXICO: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE CARIBBEAN: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM CENTRAL AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN SOUTH AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTHERN SOUTH AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM EUROPE: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE MIDDLE EAST: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM AFRICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTH AFRICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE SOUTH ASIAN SUBCONTINENT: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN ASIA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTHEAST ASIA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE SOUTHWEST PACIFIC: Coach Class and Business Class

For fare codes 1-5 see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1648303-new-dl-award-buckets.html
Print Wikipost

Where is Delta’s award chart?

Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
We should all do TTU in outrage and a make them out it back on. Then they'll realize how dumb it was (ie taking away to on upgrades).
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Its easy to imagine why Delta would like to do away with its FF program. After all, its a large program that caters to a very, very small percentage of its flyers who are making the most demands of the carrier, and much more likely to hold Delta's feet to the fire.

But....

I've flown on several regional carriers around the world recently where its obvious that they do not have effective FF programs. You can see this, because there is one guy sitting in the 12 cabin FC section of an A321. I've seen it a bunch of times.

I can't imagine that Delta can make money FCM'ing for $150 a seat in domestic F. What comes after that failed experiment?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Since Award Tables are no longer published and the Award Calendar is our only source of information, how do we know that the award tables in the wiki are still accurate. The Award Calendar is sort of like a slot machine, where Delta can change the reels at any time and we have no idea what's going on. For example, how do we know that 25K gets you an award ticket anywhere? Where is that actually documented (other than the American Express card hucksters in ATL)?
“Indeed, so long as they are not permitted to have standards of comparison, they never even become aware that they are oppressed.”
― George Orwell, 1984

(Tonight was my night to become reacquainted with Orwell. )
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:13 pm

SkyMiles is crack to Delta. Get rid of it, goodbye to billions of dollars in sold miles to Amex & every other entity that awards miles.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:17 pm

Wink

Originally Posted by ff_lover
Delta is feeling pretty good because of the current low gas price and since Delta doesn't hedge jet fuel like the other carriers do. So, Delta became “arrogant” and Delta thinks Delta can compete with the other Airlines w/o any help from Delta's “Loyalty” members.
I say “what goes around will come around”. For future, remember their past shadiness and when the time comes, give them the same “medicine” by not giving them any revenue business and don’t buy their products (i.e. Amex Delta etc.). Cancel their CCs by complaining to AMEX of Delta's shadiness..

Dictionary quote of shadiness: "dubious or questionable as to honesty or legality"...
There is absolutely something to this. Even within the industry, there's talk about Delta's arrogance. I spent a day at AA hdqrs in D/FW a few months back and heard from several people, some even recently ex-DL, who alluded to the arrogance of Delta.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by davetravels
My thought: As quoted above, now may be the time when the airlines don't need FF programs any more. With full flights and limited options, this is the moment in time the airlines have been waiting for.
At the moment, yes. But DL has dozens of widebody aircraft on order and Europe may be in the throws of a double-dip recession, and Asia isn't looking fantastic.

I'm flying to AMS on Tuesday and unless there are a lot of people ticketed but w/o seat selections, the load factor is going to be about 27%.

RA can look at peak season domestic loads and think it's all going to be great from here, given the legacy shakout and such. But markets are funny things, and economies have cyclicality. They may be wishing they hadn't pissed off a bunch of FFs in 6 or 12 months.

I am also a shareholder in DL, and I think management is taking bigger and bigger risks as they alienate their mid-value customers. I plan to write to investor relations with exactly that message.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Can we please rename this thread to be about the award chart and not the award calendar? The current title is highly misleading, in my humble opinion.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:17 am

Programs: Delta PM Elite Plus, Aegean
Originally Posted by n7371f
There is absolutely something to this. Even within the industry, there's talk about Delta's arrogance. I spent a day at AA hdqrs in D/FW a few months back and heard from several people, some even recently ex-DL, who alluded to the arrogance of Delta.
Their arrogance and greed has lost me. I have been Platinum Medallion for a very long time (decades, not years), with about 100,000 MQMs per year and I just burned all but 16,000 miles for three business class trips to Europe this year while I am still Platinum. (I will be "lucky" to make Silver next year.) I have stopped using my Amex Reserve card because frankly I get much, much better deals with Barclay World Arrival Elite card.

Bye bye, Delta, I'm flying away when I'm no longer Platinum.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by richardinmotion
Its easy to imagine why Delta would like to do away with its FF program. After all, its a large program that caters to a very, very small percentage of its flyers who are making the most demands of the carrier, and much more likely to hold Delta's feet to the fire.

But....

I've flown on several regional carriers around the world recently where its obvious that they do not have effective FF programs. You can see this, because there is one guy sitting in the 12 cabin FC section of an A321. I've seen it a bunch of times.

I can't imagine that Delta can make money FCM'ing for $150 a seat in domestic F. What comes after that failed experiment?
If your "very very small percentage" comment is a reference to the Delta 360 program, remember that DL just voluntarily created the program for their very very HVCs. Any benefits given to this group are DL's choice, at DL's initiative. Otherwise, even DMs aren't a very vey small percentage of the numbers in DL's FF program and are an even bigger percentage of customers by numbers of flights taken, miles flown, or revenue.

I think DL would lose if FF programs were to be eliminated. FF programs give the airline a nonsignificant chunk of the market consisting of customers who fly DL without comparing prices or at least are willing to pay a possibly very significant premium to fly DL. If everyone were to purchase plane tickets based on price (or price and schedule), DL would lose. DL needs to remain differentiated (in customers' minds) from their LCC/budget competitors.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
... customers who fly DL without comparing prices or at least are willing to pay a possibly very significant premium to fly DL. ...
I think this is a very succinct definition of how Delta defines "loyal customers"
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jrl767
I think this is a very succinct definition of how Delta defines "loyal customers"
If so, then DL should value its loyal customers more than it apparently does. If DL has to compete with other airlines totally on price, DL will lose.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by mnredfox
We should all do TTU in outrage and a make them out it back on. Then they'll realize how dumb it was (ie taking away to on upgrades).
Didn't work when everyone complained about all the devaluations. In my mind this is different though; a question of opacity vs actual benefits. So maybe they wouldn't mind giving this one back. But don't hold your breath.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 6:56 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by n7371f
SkyMiles is crack to Delta. Get rid of it, goodbye to billions of dollars in sold miles to Amex & every other entity that awards miles.
Indeed. So instead you can keep selling the miles and just bilk people trying to actually use them. It's a win win!
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:36 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If so, then DL should value its loyal customers more than it apparently does. If DL has to compete with other airlines totally on price, DL will lose.
Your "if" argument rests on a hidden assumption: that the market for its services take place primarily in a free and highly competitive market.

I have doubts that these assumptions hold up well when talking about DL. We have a de facto oligopoly where the big 3 cartel kingpins run the show and have the government inclined to support concentrated corporate and union interests even when it disadvantages consumers in material ways.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Can we please rename this thread to be about the award chart and not the award calendar? The current title is highly misleading, in my humble opinion.
+1000

Should have been done days ago. Title is very misleading and should be fixed for a thread of such historic importance (as it looks like it'll be).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.