Old Feb 7, 2015, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Renes Points
On 6FEB15 Delta removed award charts on Delta.com. Below are links to the published charts from 2015 hosted by blogs at boardingarea.com and upgrd.com.

Generic US, Alaska & Canada charts from 2015: Coach class Business class

TRAVEL FROM THE U.S. & CANADA (EXCLUDES HAWAII): Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM HAWAII: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM MEXICO: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE CARIBBEAN: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM CENTRAL AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN SOUTH AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTHERN SOUTH AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM EUROPE: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE MIDDLE EAST: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM AFRICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTH AFRICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE SOUTH ASIAN SUBCONTINENT: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN ASIA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTHEAST ASIA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE SOUTHWEST PACIFIC: Coach Class and Business Class

For fare codes 1-5 see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1648303-new-dl-award-buckets.html
Print Wikipost

Where is Delta’s award chart?

Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Matt, can you edit the WiKi above and add the two I missed that you have (plus TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN ASIA) ?
Yes. Already added North America (excluding Hawaii).
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by emrdoc
I think they have pulled the award charts until they can fix the IT issues with award ticket pricing.
Doubtful. Remember only 6 months ago when they called the issues pwith OJ and SO award tickets an "IT issue"? Next thing you know that benefit was fleeced.

So I get changing program terms (MQD). I get the introduction for five tier (though I still know it is a scam and complete lie that this will introduce more lows). I get changing RDM structure. But to revert back to the greedy customer unfriendly ways of no communication, hiding terms of an award program (how hard is it to find fare class info or fare rules, DSL with EF gone for DL), this is just a stab in the back Delta.

You are a great airline that has done well operationally, in your hard product, and you have great front line staff. Stop being such greedy fleecers when it comes to your FFP. Some honesty, straightforward talk, and customer centric moves might do you good. I learned that before I knew what an MBA was.

Edit: LL posted on this too:
http://loyaltylobby.com/2015/02/07/d...-award-charts/
Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
They must be doing well enough with these low oil prices to just not give AF
Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Awhile ago, someone posted a Wiki with fare classes for each level of award travel. So, for example, "O" class was for Level 1 Business Elite/First Class redemption. Can someone please post this info on this Wiki too? That way, when I'm booking an award ticket, I know what level I'm booking at -- at least for now.

This whole thing is ridiculous. How can we shame DL into backing off of this nonsense? To the poster who made a reference to Animal Farm--totally spot on.
I think this one?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...d-buckets.html
Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
A bit on a tangent here... compare DL to an ethical airline, that not only publishes award charts, but announces and publishes award price changes a year in advance, and publishes clear and complete routing rules:
http://www.ar.jal.com/world/en/jalmile/award/jitkt.html
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/..._air/oneworld/

I know, a bit OT, but this just comes to mind as the complete opposite (full transparency in all relevant respects) of the greed and complete and utter muddiness of the DL SlyMiles FFP.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Yes. Already added North America (excluding Hawaii).
Thank you very much Matt. Only a few more to go then. ^

Do you have TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN ASIA?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by RealHJ
A bit on a tangent here... compare DL to an ethical airline, that not only publishes award charts, but announces and publishes award price changes a year in advance, and publishes clear and complete routing rules:
http://www.ar.jal.com/world/en/jalmile/award/jitkt.html
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/jalmile/use/..._air/oneworld/

I know, a bit OT, but this just comes to mind as the complete opposite (full transparency in all relevant respects) of the greed and complete and utter muddiness of the DL SlyMiles FFP.
Japanese culture stresses honoring commitments. The antithesis of American MBA culture.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:09 am

For the wiki, could someone please also archive which countries are in which zones?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I moved from Delta to AA/US Air in November but still like to troll the Delta board as it is more interesting than the others.

I know many people that have moved to AA/US Air and all are happy with the move. I know far more that are locked into the 'but I have status' mode and are continuing to fly Delta but complaining with increasing frequency. Full disclosure, majority of both groups are out of Memphis which has been totally gutted by Delta.

As a schedule/price flyer I am much happier. About 20% of my flights are a toss up between Delta and AA and since the first 80% is solidly with AA they win any toss up. I wouldn't hesitate to book a DL flight if the schedule/price was better (max tolerance on price variances is $100).

Originally Posted by DL2SXM
This article http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2015/...ilability.html

makes even for a stronger case to switch to AA, but unless people leave Delta in droves, which wont happen, then this whole thread is a moot point.

There are only 3 US legacy airlines to choose from today, as opposed to 6 just a few years ago. Delta knows this and is leading the pack to the bottom followed closely behind by UA. AA, to this point, seems to want to distance themselves from the misery that Delta and United have turned into. Hopefully after the AA/US merger is completed, they don't do us dirty like DL and UA.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:53 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
Here is the one I was referring to:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...rd-levels.html
Old Feb 7, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
I was literally just yesterday planning to start collecting SkyMiles because we are planning a trip to Oz for 2016. I had my strategy all mapped out, involving heavy spend and acquiring status along the way - and now, I can't even consider it. I'm not going to waste months of my time and $$ acquiring miles only to find out that haha! now the trip is 2x (or more) as much! when it comes time to book.

So by doing this they're also losing new members as well as existing members. I really do hope the condescending attitude US airlines have toward their own customers comes back to bite them in the ....
Old Feb 7, 2015, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Does it seem to anyone else that because these abuses are coming so frequently, and are becoming so egregious, we are seeing fewer folks speaking here in defense of Va Ave?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by PHLisa
I was literally just yesterday planning to start collecting SkyMiles because we are planning a trip to Oz for 2016.
Sadly, because of excellent availability of VA, Skymiles are still going to be your best bet. You and your partner should both quickly get a biz and a personal Delta Amex card (four cards total), and churn them for the sign-up bonuses. You still need a lot of cc spend or flying to get the remaining redeemable miles. USA-Australia is 160,000 Skymiles rt in biz-class (at least it was last week). You will probably have to fly PHL-LAX on another airline, and then use Skymiles for LAX-BNE or SYD on VA. That's only one flight segment, and I would think Delta will still allow that

A MileagePlus redemption on UA, or an AA/US (or even BA Avios) redemption on Qantas probably ain't going to happen in a premium class.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 1:09 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by PHLisa
I was literally just yesterday planning to start collecting SkyMiles because we are planning a trip to Oz for 2016. I had my strategy all mapped out, involving heavy spend and acquiring status along the way - and now, I can't even consider it. I'm not going to waste months of my time and $$ acquiring miles only to find out that haha! now the trip is 2x (or more) as much! when it comes time to book.

So by doing this they're also losing new members as well as existing members. I really do hope the condescending attitude US airlines have toward their own customers comes back to bite them in the ....
I have been looking at award flights to NZ next year and have already started to accumulate UR points that I can transfer to other airlines (DL is not a partner).
Old Feb 7, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Does it seem to anyone else that because these abuses are coming so frequently, and are becoming so egregious, we are seeing fewer folks speaking here in defense of Va Ave?
Definitely. Most of the few brave souls who used to do so seem to have abandonded (at least in the most eggregious cases, such as this) their favorite past time of defending their beloved (or no more so?) Delta here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.