Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2015, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Renes Points
On 6FEB15 Delta removed award charts on Delta.com. Below are links to the published charts from 2015 hosted by blogs at boardingarea.com and upgrd.com.

Generic US, Alaska & Canada charts from 2015: Coach class Business class

TRAVEL FROM THE U.S. & CANADA (EXCLUDES HAWAII): Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM HAWAII: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM MEXICO: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE CARIBBEAN: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM CENTRAL AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN SOUTH AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTHERN SOUTH AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM EUROPE: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE MIDDLE EAST: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM AFRICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTH AFRICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE SOUTH ASIAN SUBCONTINENT: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN ASIA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTHEAST ASIA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE SOUTHWEST PACIFIC: Coach Class and Business Class

For fare codes 1-5 see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1648303-new-dl-award-buckets.html
Print Wikipost

Where is Delta’s award chart?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Delta Points
Plus, how do I save enough miles for my trip to wherever? I have no idea how many MAX it will take for me and the family. I just have to guess?
If you have to ask "how much," then you can't afford the price.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Bowgie
Delta's position in the past has been that mileage increases for award flight are not announced in advance - just like airlines do for revenue flights.

Be afraid. Very afraid.
care to elaborate? I am not sure I have it in me to be afraid of an award chart, or the lack thereof.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
care to elaborate? I am not sure I have it in me to be afraid of an award chart, or the lack thereof.
FT'ers report numerous award itinaries with simple one-way connections pricing out as two awards instead of one. We have been getting that fixed with manual re-pricing by asking Delta to follow its own published award chart.

This is just like the book Animal Farm: The pigs trample over their own posted rules; and when the other animals call them out on it, they just change the rules!
Old Feb 6, 2015, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by akcae
This'll be our new chart:

$0.01 = 1 SkyMile

Delta's spin: SkyMiles Program enhancement -- all seats on all flights available for award redemption!
AMEX is gonna lose millions of DL credit card customers if they go this route.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
DL management claimed that US laws prevented them from announcing award chart price changes in advance of the award price changes being implemented.

DL used a line that no other major U.S. airline or hotel program has used before to try to justify no-advance-notice award price changes.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
AMEX is gonna lose millions of DL credit card customers if they go this route.
Amex will just try to convert those DL credit card customers into Amex MR customers and grant an option to transfer MR to points in various programs or redeem them for regular paid tickets at a fixed value per MR point. Oh wait, Amex is largely already there.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
Wow rather than just admit to additive pricing they take down the award charts. Someone must have threatened to sue or something. This will really hurt them counter any press that skymiles is expensive - there wont be any proof. Airlines have all kept the 25k domestic award for marketing eventhough its rarely available. Skymiles will be too confusing for average person
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Amex will just try to convert those DL credit card customers into Amex MR customers and grant an option to transfer MR to points in various programs or redeem them for regular paid tickets at a fixed value per MR point. Oh wait, Amex is largely already there.
Conversion is still a loss to the Delta credit card product.
And who knows if "they just convert" to another AMEX product. People who want a non-DL AMEX card may already have one.
How about you? Do you have a DL credit card? What are you gonna do when 1 Skymile = 1 cent?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:31 pm
Suspended

And who knows if "they just convert" to another AMEX product. People who want a non-DL AMEX card may already have one.
How about you? Do you have a DL credit card? What are you gonna do when 1 Skymile = 1 cent?
I have no DL credit card and don't plan on needing one. I've been counting on DL SlyMiles becoming something like the DL SkyPenny, at least when it comes to redeeming on DL flights.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD, AS 75K, Marriott Titanium
I'm not a DL flyer, but I'm infuriated for y'all. This is ridiculous.How is anyone supposed to know what an award is "supposed" to be valued at? It seems like they could charge any arbitrary value now. Not to mention increasing redemption values without telling anyone.

One of the most important things in a FFP is transparency. Sure they can increase the requirements for an award, but at least tell us or give us some sort of advanced notice. Loss of transparency is probably one of the top ways to lose their most valued customers. It's too bad they have a decent hard product because their FFP is absolutely rubbish.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Converted the other day.

Even if all airlines go down the 1 mile = 1 cent route, which Delta is clearly on (copying Qantas, although Qantas is heading toward 1 = 0.7 cents), it's better to warehouse your credit card spend in a program like Amex MR where you at least have optionality as to where to transfer it.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:44 pm

Don't get your panties all up in a tight wad. Delta is a leader. Leading the industry in customer service quality, and leading the US industry towards total elimination of the FFP.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FightOnFlyer
I'm not a DL flyer, but I'm infuriated for y'all. This is ridiculous.How is anyone supposed to know what an award is "supposed" to be valued at? It seems like they could charge any arbitrary value now.
I have a better one for you: PERSONALIZED redemption amounts!

Delta finds out you gotta lotta miles? Ding ding ding! Your trip to Europe in J now is 100,000 one way!
You are a Diamond with not too many miles left? Ding ding ding! Delta gives you a break as they want to not upset you too much: 50,000 miles one way to Europe in J!
Old Feb 6, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Just another of Delta's continuous changes in the program. Just change the program to what you want it to and get it over with. Quit the endless slashing.

Last edited by Canarsie; Dec 27, 2015 at 9:56 am Reason: Removed attempted bypass of the profanity filter.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Just another of Delta's continuous changes in the program. Just change the program to what you want it to and get it over with. Quit the endless slashing.
^^ it's a pity the front line folks are so good (as a group) - and better than rest (as a group)

Last edited by Canarsie; Dec 27, 2015 at 9:56 am Reason: Removed now-deleted quoted content.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.