Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boeing 737-800 EC or Exit Row

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Boeing 737-800 EC or Exit Row

We have the choice on an upcoming redeye for economy comfort or the second exit row with recline.

Any preferences? I am leaning torward the exit row as I don't have confidence that EC really gets you much additional recline.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by boatnfish
We have the choice on an upcoming redeye for economy comfort or the second exit row with recline.

Any preferences? I am leaning torward the exit row as I don't have confidence that EC really gets you much additional recline.

Thanks in advance.
EC has no additional recline on domestic aircraft.

I like the exit rows since they have a lot more legroom than EC. However, the seats are as hard as a rock. Also, all 738's have a hard bulkhead and the legroom isn't very good IMO. So, I find the exit rows have the less negative factors than EC. However YMMV.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
sedatives?

Originally Posted by boatnfish

Thanks in advance.
Free drinks in EC as sedatives, for some people; earlier boarding, sometimes.

See also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-row-seat.html
Old Jan 31, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL Medialia Platina
The exit-row seats on a 738 are not exactly plush. But they're not horribly uncomfortable either. The last time I flew a 738 in an exit row was a 3-hour flight SEA-ANC. It was fine, especially compared to the exit-row seat in a domestic 767 that I had on the previous flight ATL-SEA. That experience was like sitting on concrete for 4 1/2 hours.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AKC6
Free drinks in EC as sedatives, for some people; earlier boarding, sometimes.

See also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-row-seat.html
Thanks for the link.

Thanks for all the reponses.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I prefer EC on the 738 simply due to the fact that the armrests are movable, so you don't feel like you're in a coffin.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
And if you are a bit wide at the hip, the exit row seats have fixed armrests with built-in tray. Reduces the width of the seat and gets tight.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Free movies in EC, too, if that matters to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.