Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyBonus update - big changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
I may have missed any previous post on the rate hike of SkyBonus redemption?

I don't log into my SkyBonus very often... as we all know, it earns at a fraction of SkyMiles and redeems at a considerable factor of SMs.

My company has only earned enough points in the past couple years to bother to get a deluxe set of trading cards: (5) SkyClub Day Passes, that I give to friends not traveling with me.
I've redeemed twice at 60K to get the bundle, but I noticed yesterday that they are now priced at 85k...woohoo, a 42% price hike!

By the time I get the 1.3M points for QF178, it'll probably be double that price ;(
Old Mar 18, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Well I have 160K pts collected just in 2016 that I can't use at all because I don't have 5 employees
Old Mar 18, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Has anyone noticed DL has removed th SkyClub Executive Membership redemption from SkyBonus? It was there in January. This has been a good use of points now that I can't get guests in for free with my DL Reserve or Plat Amex.

Thankfully I got my membership in January, so I still have almost a year, but I'd love to renew it next year.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Has anyone noticed DL has removed th SkyClub Executive Membership redemption from SkyBonus? It was there in January. This has been a good use of points now that I can't get guests in for free with my DL Reserve or Plat Amex.

Thankfully I got my membership in January, so I still have almost a year, but I'd love to renew it next year.
Just saw that 2 days ago when i redeemed for my individual membership. I was going to get Executive so I could get somebody in while traveling but NOPE.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by RealHJ
It's only a matter of time until exit rows are designated as C+.
Some of them already are. But the ones without recline will survive. I hope.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by gooselee
Some of them already are. But the ones without recline will survive. I hope.
Those should survive, and that's good for those who can sit in a seat without recline. Personally I can't and even exit row without recline for me, personally, is a C- seat (that is also why I never, ever fly Allegiant - no recline on any of the seats!).
Old Jul 31, 2016, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I am still getting e-mails related to the program. I guess Va Ave is still hoping that I will hire 4 more people and put them on DL flights.

Lets see... I have purchased tickets for my wife and three grandchildren so far this year. 1, 2, 3, 4... Guess I could make them all vice-presidents of the company.

Just kidding.... No one should get their panties in a wad...
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
So let me get this straight, unless I have 5 employees, any points collected, we cant use?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by miadukes
So let me get this straight, unless I have 5 employees, any points collected, we cant use?
If you don't have 5 employees each flying 1 revenue flight and a net spend of $5 K at year end, you will be dropped from the program and any accumulated points will be forfeited.
All spelled out in the Terms & Conditions
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
If you don't have 5 employees each flying 1 revenue flight and a net spend of $5 K at year end, you will be dropped from the program and any accumulated points will be forfeited.
All spelled out in the Terms & Conditions
Ok got it. Another questions, so let's say I sign up, get a bonus , will I be able to use it in the first year if I do not have 5 employees?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by miadukes
Ok got it. Another questions, so let's say I sign up, get a bonus , will I be able to use it in the first year if I do not have 5 employees?
I guess that would work but - look at the points required for redemption. A TATL J round trip is 575,000 points. If you only flew in F&J, had no hub O/D you'd get 30 points per net $.

You'd need $20,000 of net qualified spend. If any flight was in a lower cabin or involved Hub O/D you could be down to 1 point per $

IMO, you'd be wasting your time.
Old May 9, 2018, 6:15 am

Recently got this:

Delta Air Lines routinely performs audits of SkyBonus customer accounts. Currently, the ABC Corp SkyBonus account, US1234567, is undergoing an audit. During this time your company will be able to accrue points but you would not be able to redeem points or access the account. Please provide information on the following questions by email at your earliest convenience:
• A list of all your bona fide employees who travel on behalf of the company, along with their job titles
• Company website (or state that your company does not have a web presence)
• Confirmation of business address and whether this is a home or commercial address and confirmation of business phone number
• Confirmation of email address (please use company email domain if available).

Please provide this information by May 15th, 2018.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards,
RAND O. M. PERSON
Delta Air Lines
Risk Management SkyBonus Service Center Global Sales
Had accrued a bit of points but hadn't made a redemption... oh well. This reminds me of an AAdvantage mileage redemption audit.
When did they get so picky about this? Skybonus actually played a factor in me sending Delta revenue/bookings as opposed to other airlines especially with int'l travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.