Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta downgrades Medallion & AMEX enhanced award space perks!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta downgrades Medallion & AMEX enhanced award space perks!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lovecabo
If you click the link in the email and look down really deep you read the fine print: Blackout Dates | Promotional redemption amounts are not available to any eligible markets on the following dates: March 19 through April 12, 2015.
Many spring breaks start in early March. For a lot of students, it's the first full week in March which is the vacation period, although others have later weeks in March. Not many would normally take their spring break in early April, although April 12 covers the week after Easter (which is April 5 this year).
Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Yes, the majority of the program is marketing spin, and rather blatant at that too.
DL and Bangkok tut-tut drivers nowadays have a lot in common. I regard anything either say as being false in some way or another. It may take me a while to figure out the falsehood but I can be almost certain the falsehood exists.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Considering marketing spin, in the broader context, reminds me of this

John Lovitz
Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm trying to book an award ticket right now - had to call because of special pax circumstances but on the phone, being told ticket costs 20K more miles. I logged out of my account online to make sure it wasn't medallion price (I thought this just affected space though) and still see same. Is this normal? Shenanigans? Now I earn less AND pay more?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by curl
I'm trying to book an award ticket right now - had to call because of special pax circumstances but on the phone, being told ticket costs 20K more miles. I logged out of my account online to make sure it wasn't medallion price (I thought this just affected space though) and still see same. Is this normal? Shenanigans? Now I earn less AND pay more?
Re: my bolding: OF COURSE! This is Delta, after all.

While YMMV (depending on the flights and routes of interest to you), I am generally seeing that due to the massive increases in mileage pricing (further award chart devaluation) and decreases in availability, now as of Jan 1 it generally costs as much for a one way as it cost for round trip until Dec 31 on the same flights/routes if flying DL. If you are seeing less than a two fold increase in award costs, consider yourself lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.