Unsolicited Bonus Miles email

Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Titanium
Just glad these were not phishing links that everyone clicked on. Always wonder why companies do links when there is so much miss use of them going around.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by hickmantitle
Just glad these were not phishing links that everyone clicked on. Always wonder why companies do links when there is so much miss use of them going around.
It's pretty easy to see if a link goes where you expect it to or not, generally by holding your finger on it (iPhone) or hovering the mouse over it and looking at the status bar.

I admit, when I get an email like I did today offering a free "$250 Walmart card" I don't bother, I just go straight for the delete button. But who would try to entice me with 5,000 Skymiles?

Last edited by orca15; Jan 18, 2015 at 12:54 pm
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: MR, HH, DL, ALK
unsolicited email "5,000" miles

I also received two of these and I chalked them up to some relationship to the 15,000 miles I was set to receive as compensation for the in-seat plugs not working. That said, I never attempted to reconcile the fact that 2 x 5,000 is 10,000 and I've been created 15,000, but perhaps they just got tired of hitting "send." I received a separate email about the 15,000 miles I'd receive shortly after the flight with the dead plugs, so who knows what it's about. Maybe there are more miles coming my way. That will help offset the fact that I earn more MQMs than bankable miles on my trips across the US now since the policy change.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Seattlite
I also received two of these and I chalked them up to some relationship to the 15,000 miles I was set to receive as compensation for the in-seat plugs not working. That said, I never attempted to reconcile the fact that 2 x 5,000 is 10,000 and I've been created 15,000, but perhaps they just got tired of hitting "send." I received a separate email about the 15,000 miles I'd receive shortly after the flight with the dead plugs, so who knows what it's about. Maybe there are more miles coming my way. That will help offset the fact that I earn more MQMs than bankable miles on my trips across the US now since the policy change.
15K for plugs not working??? Wow, if I got that for every time the plugs did not work in the past year, I would have enough Sky Pesos to fly to SYD in J. I guess I need to complain more.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sethb
People want actual apologies, not form letters.
+1. And if DL read my last complaint, they'd see that I wrote I want a sincere apology and assurance that someone will look at the issue, not miles. It took another email before they finally apologized and read my email.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:47 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I didn't get an email but did have 15,000 added to my account "Customer Service Bonus Miles"
In the past year, I've written to DL twice, both were compliment crew members. I had a couple delayed flights in the 4th Q, but nothing major.

I did have a malfunctioning IFE screen on my NRT-BKK flight. The FA tried to fix it to no avail. I never wrote to complain. Perhaps the FA had them added to my account?

Last edited by Tomphot; Jan 22, 2015 at 11:19 am Reason: clarification
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:09 am

Location: Michigan's West Coast and wherever my clients need me
Programs: Delta Diamond (2+M MQMs), Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
+ another 1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.