Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Getting credit for AS flight after being upgraded

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: free agent

I took a flight last week on AS - booked in T. My DL FF# was on the reservation, and I'm GM. At checkin, I was offered a complimentary upgrade (no complaints there ^).

The base miles and MQM credit didn't post to my account, however. Dropped the SM cust service a note and they came back saying the booking class was ineligible ("AS flights booked in A, C, D, E, I, J, N, O, P, R, U, W, X or Z are excluded from earning mileage credit")

Although the original class booked and paid was T, I believe the upgrade causes the class *flown* to be U.

Anyone else had a problem crediting upgraded segments on AS to DL ?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
I took a flight last week on AS - booked in T. My DL FF# was on the reservation, and I'm GM. At checkin, I was offered a complimentary upgrade (no complaints there ^).

The base miles and MQM credit didn't post to my account, however. Dropped the SM cust service a note and they came back saying the booking class was ineligible ("AS flights booked in A, C, D, E, I, J, N, O, P, R, U, W, X or Z are excluded from earning mileage credit")

Although the original class booked and paid was T, I believe the upgrade causes the class *flown* to be U.

Anyone else had a problem crediting upgraded segments on AS to DL ?
I had this issue, there's some computer glitch with AS when you're upgraded ....my ticket was DL issued with DL flight numbers on it, in the end I needed AS to provide DL with a fax that I actually took/used the flight coupon (AS explained it happens and is frustrating as DL can see it was used, DL said they couldn't)...none the less DL did accept the fax from AS but not happily, they really wanted a copy of my BP
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: DL PM
This is happening to me right now as well. Flew coach on the way out, upgraded on the way back. Only see the outbound showing up in my skymiles.

AS says they sent everything to DL. DL says they need me to mail or fax them a copy of my boarding pass. I'm really glad I found my paper one in my pocket somewhere - I had almost gone completely electronic this trip.

I'm not sure why this is so hard...
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Unfortunately thats why I still always still get physical boarding passes, even if I actually use electronic to board.

You can reply to the DL email explaining that it shows U because you got upgraded, but the ticket was booked in T... they'll probably want a copy of your boarding pass or ticket receipt though.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:13 am

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
All of my AS flights from late 2014 posted fine (all were upgraded), so this must be a new issue for 2015.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 4:18 am

I was upgraded at the window so had no chance to print any pre-upgrade boarding pass. I've sent DL my ticket purchase receipt, showing H class, but have not yet received any SM/MQMs. Perhaps DL like this confusion--they give out fewer miles, and people become more reluctant to fly AS.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:45 am

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by cnc2002
I was upgraded at the window so had no chance to print any pre-upgrade boarding pass. I've sent DL my ticket purchase receipt, showing H class, but have not yet received any SM/MQMs. Perhaps DL like this confusion--they give out fewer miles, and people become more reluctant to fly AS.
I've sent two emails using the link within the mileage activity for the same scenario, attaching my e-ticket receipt. No response since mid-March .
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by trek87
I've sent two emails using the link within the mileage activity for the same scenario, attaching my e-ticket receipt. No response since mid-March .
Same here, had an AS leg on a DL ticket and have requested twice (2nd one today) for the AS leg credit. I didn't appreciate the form letter from DL, explaining the process to me like I was a noob. 2015 has not been a good start for DL customer service, seems like they have been hiring former US CSR's. Poor service from the Diamond desk down.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
This is new in 2015, as the "U" fare is no longer listed as a fare that earns miles. In 2014, it was. When this happened to me a couple of weeks ago, I sent in a PDF of my original booking via the "Have questions about this trip?" link and they took care of it, but it took them four weeks.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: DL PM
I've had the same experience as well, "N" coding shows up on the flights where I had a UG. It took 3 requests to get it straight after I had read through a similar thread and indicated on my 3rd request that the UG was the likely culprit. I did actually get a personalized return saying it is a known issue and they are working to fix it, but that was back in Feb. so the fix isn't too high a priority.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.