Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T4 extension now open

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:54 am
Original Poster

JFK T4 extension now open

Just landed at JFK and took some time to walk around the T4 extension which is currently having a soft opening and has a few connection flights operating out of it before the official opening on the 14th. It's nice, looks just like the rest of the terminal and has that "new terminal smell" to it. Definitely quite the schlep to get back though!

Here are a couple pictures:
http://imgur.com/75p9e8Q
http://imgur.com/S6ygcAY
http://imgur.com/mpifMSR
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Also got a glimpse at the updated terminal map behind the desk at the skyclub. The JFK Jitney will now also go from the new end of T4 to the base of the terminal where it is now, as well as from up there to T2.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by gigafishing
Also got a glimpse at the updated terminal map behind the desk at the skyclub. The JFK Jitney will now also go from the new end of T4 to the base of the terminal where it is now, as well as from up there to T2.
I think this will be huge. Finally a way to cross to the end of the terminal without walking the length of New York.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott GE
Thanks for the pics, I saw it was open when I was there Thursday night but was stopped by security.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold   |   Former: DL Diamond, HA Pualani Gold
What a bland design, akin to, say, ATL or MSP.

Not that impressive architecture earns returns, but it astonishes me the variation in how different airport commissions/markets value interior terminal design. For instance, compare DCA to this.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by jkatzen
What a bland design, akin to, say, ATL or MSP.

Not that impressive architecture earns returns, but it astonishes me the variation in how different airport commissions/markets value interior terminal design. For instance, compare DCA to this.
Its for delta connection flights, you don't need an elaborate impressive terminal from end to end.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by DL2SXM
Its for delta connection flights, you don't need an elaborate impressive terminal from end to end.
+1

ANYTHING...and I do mean ANYTHING (including a barn with sheep munching on hay) is better than the "RJ corral" at the end of T2 with the cattle chutes and the long cold outdoor walk if your little horsey (CRJ) is at the end of a chute!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AA Exp, SPG Gold, Le Club Plat
Will be pasting by next month. Does look indeed nice ^
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Here now, definitely an improvement over T2, but definitely lots of walking. Looks like the bus extension isn't in service yet. Also a couple of concessions are still under construction.

Excellent views of the tarmac.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Nice - I regularly leave from Gate 41....now I get some solace that somebody else is screwed with a longer walk than me!!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Based on the DL new terminal map, it seems a bit silly that the bus stop is ALL THE WAY at the end of the terminal. You'd think you'd design it to stop somewhere between gate 42/44 to give more people use of the stop
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
does this mean the T2 third world flying experience is over?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Based on the DL new terminal map, it seems a bit silly that the bus stop is ALL THE WAY at the end of the terminal. You'd think you'd design it to stop somewhere between gate 42/44 to give more people use of the stop
Like much of T4, I suspect the decision was a practical one made based on the constraints of the layout. Putting the bus stop anywhere else would likely come at the cost of a gate. Putting it where it is, there's probably not much else they could have done with that area.

Also, the terminal "steps down" twice, so at the bus stop the floor is only slightly above ground level, meaning they just need a small ramp to the bus. vs anywhere else where they'd need an elevator and probably an escalator.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: DM/3MM
The map is updated on DL's website:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-york-jfk.html

Were there moving walkways in the new extension?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Were there moving walkways in the new extension?
No. The concourse narrows at B41 and again at B53. But the gates are also much closer together than the other B gates are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.