Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

CZ, CI, MU, SU, G3, and GA awards bookable on Delta.com: new or did I miss something?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CZ, CI, MU, SU, G3, and GA awards bookable on Delta.com: new or did I miss something?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Delta.com just pulled up PVG-JFK nonstop on China Eastern in business class and JFK-CAN nonstop in business class on China Southern.

Is this new? I don't remember seeing these airlines bookable on delta.com before.

Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Pretty awesome. I was able to pull up a 5 week calendar of awards DTW-MLE and find both economy and business options on the first try. I spent in excess of 20+ hours to book my award trip to MLE last year. The engine now also tells us how many seats are left at a particular level as well.

:thumbup: Delta, so far.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
This is exciting!!
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Holy actual enhancement, Batman!
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
This makes me even more glad that I'd chosen to stockpile my miles.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
If only the segment by segment search worked for international flights. Yes noticed the CZ flights PEK to South East Asia via CAN.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
I tried for my semi-annual ICN-PVG R/T on delta.com rather than the MU website as I usually do. It said "no flights available" (even tried the GIM-SHA route), while the MU and CZ websites clearly show flights. Maybe it has to be a codeshare or only in conjunction with a USA-bound flight?

Last edited by relangford; Jan 1, 2015 at 10:51 pm Reason: Removed stupid error.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA Silver
CZ awards were bookable on nwa.com before the merger. Now 7 years later, delta.com catches up. Good work!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by relangford
I tried for my semi-annual ICN-PVG R/T on delta.com rather than the MU website as I usually do. It said "no flights available" (even tried the GIM-SHA route), while the MU and CZ websites clearly show flights. Maybe it has to be a codeshare or only in conjunction with a USA-bound flight?
Try a different date range.

Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: DL DM
I am having the same issue pulling up any CZ or MU results on delta.com, maybe it is down already? I tried various one-way, roundtrip, nonstop, exact dates, flexible dates, different city pairs, different browsers, logging in and not, etc, etc. Just booked a CZ on the phone.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL MM, UA Global Services, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by vxmike
Pretty awesome. I was able to pull up a 5 week calendar of awards DTW-MLE and find both economy and business options on the first try. I spent in excess of 20+ hours to book my award trip to MLE last year. The engine now also tells us how many seats are left at a particular level as well.

:thumbup: Delta, so far.
This thread got me looking, and I just booked MLE for 140K/each in business. It'll be in low season there, but who cares? I'm sure over the 2 weeks we'll get some great days.

When I first looked, the CZ options were showing, but by the time I found the right dates for 2 people, only KE was available (about which I'm not complaining).
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Delta has turned on their much better and robust award calendar. To compensate for finally releasing a somewhat normal award booking engine, Delta has nerfed mile earnings for most most customers who will now earn a tiny fraction of the miles they used to, making it take much longer to accumulate enough miles for an award.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
China Eastern & China Southern Awards Now Bookable On Delta.com?

Per this article:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...now-delta-com/

However when I check for the same dates as Lucky, I don't see any options on these carriers? Any reason?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by blug
CZ awards were bookable on nwa.com before the merger. Now 7 years later, delta.com catches up. Good work!
Very true, NWA.com had great IT and we know what DL did with that.

That being said, anyone having any luck? MU used to have major issues requiring long sells to find any availability? I remember as recent as Feb 2014 waiting close to 2 min to get a confirmed back and then a YQ calculation.

Anyone able to see any KE awards either? AS showing up as well?

Wow, can DL finally be releasing the ability to book partners online?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:53 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Anyone able to see any KE awards either? AS showing up as well?

Wow, can DL finally be releasing the ability to book partners online?
Yes, when I was booking a TKO-LAX one way award yesterday I got lots of KE options thru ICN and some NRT-(DL)-SEA-(AS)-LAX. Nothing on CZ or MU

When I was checking paid one ways on Google flights for SkyTeam options I got MU and AM (NRT-MEX-LAX) options. The MU earned 50% MQM but its against my religion to fly a 777 in Y that is 3-4-3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.