Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection on AS and KE flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM

I booked an award ticket using my Skymiles a few days. The ticket number started 006 but flights are AS and Korean Air. I tried both the delta app and online to select seats but failed. I called delta CSR and they asked to contact the partner airlines instead. I registered an account on both sites but couldn't figure out how to select seats. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

Get your PNRs for the other airlines. Each had a separate PNR. The use that to select.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 12:25 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
You should have a separate confirmation code for the AS segments (it should be in the confirmation email). Go to alaskaair.com, click manage, enter your information. There is no need to create an account. If it doesn't work, just call 800-ALASKA-AIR. The same should go for KE.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 3:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by sturges
You should have a separate confirmation code for the AS segments (it should be in the confirmation email). Go to alaskaair.com, click manage, enter your information. There is no need to create an account. If it doesn't work, just call 800-ALASKA-AIR. The same should go for KE.
And there is a good chance when you pull up your AS PNR on AS' site, the KE PNR will be listed too ^
Old Dec 28, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
The seat chart on Delta dot com indicates the available seats for Korean Air. Choosing the seats required a call to Korean Air. And do watch for aircraft changes or seat changes periodically. As of one month ago the Korean Air staff noted changes to the reservation system requiring a check in for the Korean Air flight in Atlanta at the Koran Air counter. Unclear if the changes to the system will better integrate Delta and Korean Air and easier seat selection.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
OP, I did something similar recently. I booked award travel all on KE metal. After booking, I called KE and choose my seats over the phone. The only way to "see" my seat assignment, tho, was to create a KE freq flyer account. Only way to see the seats is to log in with KE account and see the seats. At least that's what I was told by KE and after creating an account, I could certainly go in and see my seats. I'm glad I'd done that b/c the seats I initially selected were not the ones stored in the system. Since then (about 3 weeks ago) my seats have not "moved." Hope you get some good seats!

Last edited by soxfanndc; Dec 28, 2014 at 3:14 pm
Old Dec 28, 2014, 6:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sometimes you can use the ticket number to pull up your reservation in another airline's system and then note the PNR and select seats.

However, I think it's a good idea regardless to always call the other carrier and check that they can see your reservation AND a matching ticket. Be sure to note their PNR. You can select seats, etc. during the phone call.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
I haven't tried using a delta 006 ticket # on alaska's website recently, but it has always failed. They only accepted their own ticket stock when I tried.

A quick call to Delta to get the alaska conf # does the trick. Add your reservation to your account (your Delta status may give you better seat choices) and then you can choose your seats on the AS website or mobile app.

KE requires a phone call. Research available seats in advance on expert flyer, review against seat guru, then call with your preferred seats.

Some will be denied as only available to KE elite or whatever. Skyteam elite status will do you no good.

We're headed to Vietnam on the KE A380 in Biz next month. We found low skypesos fares RT with no hassles using the new delta search engine. Shocked and pleased we were.

We had to call Delta to book the tickets, but we could find them online and tell the agent exactly which flights & days and then bingo. Delta.dumb is a little smarter now.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by doglover
I haven't tried using a delta 006 ticket # on alaska's website recently, but it has always failed. They only accepted their own ticket stock when I tried.
Correct only 027 ticket stock shows up.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:38 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Be warned: often times, the KE call center will say that "your ticket belongs to Delta and they cannot do anything." My father is experiencing this for his J award ticket next month. He even tried to add his Skypass number, etc.

This is very common for KE. They also do it for code shares. For instance, my brother and I flew KE operated flight purchased on Japan Airlines. His Morning Calm status didn't matter one bit, we couldn't do advance seats with Skypass number or anything...and actually even ended up at the very back of the plane. (If you are Morning Calm, they reserve first five rows for you, usually).
Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I called Delta for my AS and KE confirmation numbers because they are not listed in my confirmation email. The Delta CSR told me that AS will recognize my Elite Plus status but KE won't.

I logged into AS site. It allowed me to select preferred seats due to my Elite Plus status.
I had a hard time navigating KE site so I called. The CSR said she could select seats for me but I wouldn't get preferred seating. I asked for seats as front as possible but was given 41 to 44th rows even though I saw many other seats available from Flydetal app.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by redlight14
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I called Delta for my AS and KE confirmation numbers because they are not listed in my confirmation email. The Delta CSR told me that AS will recognize my Elite Plus status but KE won't.

I logged into AS site. It allowed me to select preferred seats due to my Elite Plus status.
I had a hard time navigating KE site so I called. The CSR said she could select seats for me but I wouldn't get preferred seating. I asked for seats as front as possible but was given 41 to 44th rows even though I saw many other seats available from Flydetal app.
Huh? KE will honor SkyTeam ElitePlus status for the benefits mandated by SkyTeam, such as lounge access. They may give additional FF benefits to their own elites, just like DL does (for example, top tier KE elites wouldn't get free elite upgrades on domestic DL flights).
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta
Have flown KE using skymiles before

Only KE can give you a seating assignment. You do that by calling. If this is a more than one time situation I'd create an account with KE so you can see things from there. In most cases you have to wait until 90 days out for Bus Class... not too sure if it's different on "coach". After that you can look sometimes look at the seat map if the plane is still showing on Delta and you will see your seats "blanked" out but no indication they are yours... that only occurs on KE if you want to see them. Now our most recent experience was Feb-Mar 2014, so things might be different but we've done it this way for a number of years. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.