Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Empty seats in F - interesting to see what happens

Empty seats in F - interesting to see what happens

Old Dec 30, 14, 4:39 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by relangford View Post
I thought both the paid passenger and the one using the companion cert were both ineligible for UGs. Not true?
This is certainly the posted rule. Two additional data points:

Flew TPA-LGA on 12-25 and LGA-TPA on 12-29. Mother HouseRulz77 and I traveling on companion certs (I'm FO, she has no status).

Both flights had F>2, Y>5 after gate ugs/ standbys cleared. I inquired about an upgrade on both flights. In both cases the agent would not upgrade us both. In both cases GA offered to split the PNR and give me an upgrade. So I think they will offer an u/g to an elite if the elite's ticket is paid and space is available. In both cases I declined (would never leave Mom in the back, and she wouldn't separate from me), but I appreciated the gesture.
Old Dec 30, 14, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Jay00848 View Post
Last year 3 open seats in FC on sin to dtw, wife and I were returning from honeymoon. Coach was even but I asked anyways and agent said no but when boarding our tickets reprinted in fc. We were so surprisded.
What is this DL flight segment from SIN to DTW that has FC on the aircraft?
Old Dec 30, 14, 10:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
DM on a Companion fare (Mrs. ab_initio has no status), BZN-SEA-LAS

9/12 seats open on BZN-SEA with 3 on list
6/9 seats open on SEA-LAS with 2 on list

both Mrs. ab_initio and I were upped both segments after asking the GA very nicely...surprised but maybe it's the holiday spirit and all.
Old Dec 30, 14, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Clank
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
What is this DL flight segment from SIN to DTW that has FC on the aircraft?
Maybe he meant BE?
Old Dec 31, 14, 2:47 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
Maybe he meant BE?
There still isn't a nonstop from SIN to DTW and I doubt that there's even a direct flight. If the boarding pass reprinted to give a BE OPUP at boarding, it would have been for just one segment, not the whole itinerary in that direction.
Old Dec 31, 14, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Earth. Residency:HKG formerly:YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL, BKK, SGN, CPT, UIO
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
There still isn't a nonstop from SIN to DTW and I doubt that there's even a direct flight. If the boarding pass reprinted to give a BE OPUP at boarding, it would have been for just one segment, not the whole itinerary in that direction.
OPUP SIN NRT maybe. OP would be at the top of the list as a DM.
BE spouse upgrade by contracted TA and GA at DL outpost?
Old Dec 31, 14, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller View Post
OPUP SIN NRT maybe. OP would be at the top of the list as a DM.
BE spouse upgrade by contracted TA and GA at DL outpost?
Of course an OPUP is possible on one segment. The odds of it happening on SIN-NRT AND NRT-DTW (or even more segments if they weren't booked on the NRT-DTW nonstop) would be vanishingly small, honeymoon or not. Plus any upgrade on this route would be to BE, not FC, although there might be partner flights that have FC on some or all parts of this route, such as KE through ICN, possibly CZ through China and LAX.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: