FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   How Long for Shopping Miles to Credit? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1638661-how-long-shopping-miles-credit.html)

exiled2tx Dec 19, 2014 11:03 am

How Long for Shopping Miles to Credit?

This fall, I started using the skymiles shopping portal when I purchase things on-line.

The first purchase was back on 10/2 with actual delivery of the item in early November. When should I expect to see the miles credited to my Skymiles account? At what point do I contact Delta about not crediting the miles?

JBJ2435 Dec 19, 2014 11:27 am

Originally Posted by exiled2tx (Post 24024201)
This fall, I started using the skymiles shopping portal when I purchase things on-line.

The first purchase was back on 10/2 with actual delivery of the item in early November. When should I expect to see the miles credited to my Skymiles account? At what point do I contact Delta about not crediting the miles?

I get an email confirmation as soon as the charges hit saying "you've earned miles". This usually happens as soon as it ships.

Make sure that you were logged in with your SM number when you were directed to the shopping site.

I've never had a problem.

richardinmotion Dec 19, 2014 1:51 pm

I guess YMMV. Typically, I see miles posted within a week or so. However, there have been many, many times when I get nada. I contact Delta and they always refer me to the vendor, but of course, I get nowhere with them. I've lost out on several thousand miles because of this. Highly frustrating.

Auston Dec 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Also, be very careful using any coupon codes you may find on the net.

Often, when you use them you will not get any miles, as the vendor pays the commission to the place where the coupon came from instead of SkyMiles Shopping.

kss5555 Dec 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Correct on the coupons. Many times those will void the shopping miles.

As for when they post. My Office Depot miles from purchases on 12/14 posted this morning or 5 days later.

I have noticed flowers from FTD often take longer but Staples purchases usually post within 24 hours after delivery.

JBJ2435 Dec 19, 2014 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by kss5555 (Post 24025508)
Correct on the coupons. Many times those will void the shopping miles.

As for when they post. My Office Depot miles from purchases on 12/14 posted this morning or 5 days later.

I have noticed flowers from FTD often take longer but Staples purchases usually post within 24 hours after delivery.

SkyMiles shopping now has that disclaimer about not using any other coupon codes except the ones they show. The good news is, their coupons are the same amounts as i get directly from merchant (i.e. Macy's) just a different code...