Search

AF W to J upgrade question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2014, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Lightbulb AF W to J upgrade question

Hey everyone,

Just want to make sure I have all my facts straight here. Currently ticketed DEL-CDG-BOS in DL W. I have found O inventory in both segments. However, I can only upgrade CDG-BOS since the TATL JV does not allow upgrading DEL-CDG, correct?
Old Dec 7, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
I believe the GUC/SWU T&C specify that only TATL flights can be upgraded when flying on AF. However, in practice YMMV!
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
You should, however, be eligible for PE for DEL-CDG if this is flight is before AF discontinues PE on like flights. At least this would be the case for short flights like WAW-CDG, but I have no direct experience with a flight like DEL-CDG.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Xeno
You should, however, be eligible for PE for DEL-CDG if this is flight is before AF discontinues PE on like flights. At least this would be the case for short flights like WAW-CDG, but I have no direct experience with a flight like DEL-CDG.
I was under the impression that AF was only getting rid of W on midhaul flights, not long haul. Is that correct?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR
I was under the impression that AF was only getting rid of W on midhaul flights, not long haul. Is that correct?
That's my understanding too, but given how AF handles W on the intraEU flights, I'm a bit puzzled by its elimination.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Yes, but I did not know if that would impact a flight like DEL-CDG or not.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...rovements.html
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum
This explains a few things. I've been trying to book BOS-CDG-BOM and DEL-CDG-BOS in W recently, and they've been very expensive, dumping me into J.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mikehillwig
This explains a few things. I've been trying to book BOS-CDG-BOM and DEL-CDG-BOS in W recently, and they've been very expensive, dumping me into J.
That's weird. I'm flying V outbound and W inbound. Paid $1300 AI. You may need to call in and have them price out the flights.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:40 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Xeno
OP is booked BOS-CDG-DEL in W. BOS-CDG segment will be upgraded and CDG-DEL not. Even if the DL agent confirms the upgrade, AF system will catch it a few hours later and will revert the changes for the non-eligible flight.

The situation you mentioned is different and only applies to short and medium haul flights in PE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.