FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   GoGo - Your Delta Unlimited Service is Changing (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1632716-gogo-your-delta-unlimited-service-changing.html)

BusTrav8yrs Nov 30, 2014 9:21 am

GoGo - Your Delta Unlimited Service is Changing

We're reaching out to inform you of some upcoming changes to your Delta Unlimited subscription service beginning 3/1/2015.

Your current plan provides you with inflight internet access on domestic Gogo equipped Delta flights (i.e., those operating between destinations within the United States, Canada, and Mexico, where network coverage is available). If you take no action, this will not change – you will still be able to access the internet on these flights. Following 3/1/2015, however, your current plan will no longer include internet access on Gogo equipped international Delta flights (i.e., flights other than those described above).

For international travelers, we now offer a Delta Unlimited Global plan. This plan will provide internet access on any Gogo equipped Delta aircraft flying anywhere in the world. A monthly rate increase of $15 over Delta Unlimited's current retail price of $49.95 will apply for Delta Unlimited Global. Choosing to upgrade by the 2/15/2015 cutoff date will lock in this monthly rate of $64.95 through December 2015.

Upgrade your plan >>

If you have any questions, please contact Gogo Customer Care by emailing us at [email protected] or calling (877) 350-0038.

Thanks for your attention,
Your friends at Gogo

davetravels Nov 30, 2014 9:29 am

I don't think this'll come as a real shocker to anyone. I remember a recent post that people were surprised to find that their current subscriptions were actually working on TATL's & TPAC's. I guess they were waiting for the best time to put a new plan together and announce it.

Sez_Who Nov 30, 2014 9:49 am

As I said in another post, I am not a big fan of GoGo on long-haul flts. Those 8-15 hr flts are nasty enough for me adjusting to time zone changes. I prefer to use the time to relax watching movies or listening to music if I have work that needs to be done before arrival.

Have no use for social media stuff and really, the emails can wait until I arrive. Obviously for everyone else, YMMV but if you travel enough intl, seems to me that $15/mo more is not that much.

davetravels Nov 30, 2014 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Sez_Who (Post 23918520)
Obviously for everyone else, YMMV.

Well, ya know, this reminds me of a short story . . . .

I was flying once, in F, and, the guy across the aisle from me was on Gogo. His laptop was angled slightly toward the aisle <perhaps for everyone to see>! ;)

He had what appeared to be a large matrix showing, with I'd assume his investment portfolio. The numbers would flicker frequently, and the total was a bold, large typeface number with 2 commas before the decimal point.

So, whether or not this was a true portfolio, or one of our regulars here, who makes sure everyone knows how important he is, I'm sure this guy'll buy the over-the-water Gogo! :)

Profchemnerd Nov 30, 2014 10:35 am

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 23918625)
Well, ya know, this reminds me of a short story . . . .

I was flying once, in F, and, the guy across the aisle from me was on Gogo. His laptop was angled slightly toward the aisle <perhaps for everyone to see>! ;)

He had what appeared to be a large matrix showing, with I'd assume his investment portfolio. The numbers would flicker frequently, and the total was a bold, large typeface number with 2 commas before the decimal point.

So, whether or not this was a true portfolio, or one of our regulars here, who makes sure everyone knows how important he is, I'm sure this guy'll buy the over-the-water Gogo! :)

Great story! Arguably can qualify as DYKWIA.

mnredfox Nov 30, 2014 2:12 pm

No difference to me. I'll keep the current plan. Not sure who would pay the extra $15/mo unless you fly international all the time.

javabytes Nov 30, 2014 3:48 pm

Not forcing everybody into the $65/month plan is actually one of Gogo's more customer friendly moves.

JORBUST Nov 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Really good deal of you fly INTL even once a month.

davetravels Nov 30, 2014 4:41 pm

If you already pay for the monthly domestic~ subscription, I wonder if you'd somehow be able to pay an upcharge if you flew TATL/TPAC every now'n'then, as opposed to a single flight pass - didn't someone say it was $39.95 in that other thread, I think?

TheMadBrewer Nov 30, 2014 6:26 pm

The two times I've been on an INTL flight with GoGo I was able to use a previously purchased day pass ($16, I think). My guess is that will also go away.

I guess the number of planes with satellite GoGo must be up to a point where they think people would pay monthly. It would piss me off to pay the monthly extra for global and then get a plane that didn't have it. It'd make more sense to pay the $40 when you got a plane with service and you needed it.

howtofreetravel Nov 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Gogo is getting way too expensive

tmontemb Dec 1, 2014 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer (Post 23920719)
The two times I've been on an INTL flight with GoGo I was able to use a previously purchased day pass ($16, I think). My guess is that will also go away.

I guess the number of planes with satellite GoGo must be up to a point where they think people would pay monthly. It would piss me off to pay the monthly extra for global and then get a plane that didn't have it. It'd make more sense to pay the $40 when you got a plane with service and you needed it.

Already doesn't work anymore. Worked for me on Nov 11 on the way to HKG. Did not work on Nov 25 from NRT-DTW.

Cdwoodley Dec 2, 2014 6:29 am

I'm not sure this is a good deal if you have unlimited at a lower rate. My monthly rate is currently $39.95 (not 49.95). I don't want to upgrade my service because my unlimited domestic will jump up in price by $10 per month plus the extra $15 simply for the privilege of occassionally using it on an international long haul flight. Maybe it would be better for me to stick with what I currently have and then purchase single use access if I ever need it on an international flight. Plus I agree that I like not being disturbed on international flights. It's my time to catch up on 5 or 6 movies I haven't seen.

Cdwoodley Jul 14, 2015 10:58 am

So no choice now

Yep. I no longer can keep my old GoGo pricing. They just hiked up my unlimited account to $59.95. That's a pretty big jump from $39.95 in my opinion. Sixty bucks a month seems high to stay connected in the air depending upon how much you fly.