Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How long do you wait for mileage request?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2014, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FF account on all airlines, DM. All hotel accounts, Hilton Diamond.

I flew to CPH Wednesday-Thursday but nothing is showing in my account for that trip. How long do wait before filing a request for credit? I realize holiday weekends can back things up but it's not even showing that I made the trip in my account. Usually it shows I made the trip but there's often a delay before the account is credited. So how long until I file the mileage request?

Thx in advance.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Wait atleast 1 week before one fills out the Mileage Request form at delta.com

Usually some flights, especially international flights, will show up in one's account 3-4 days after the flight has occurred.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Depends on the airline and station. Xiamen airlines for instance takes way longer to post (like a week) then Delta. It also depends if i'm flying from say KLM from AMS or flying KLM from HKG.
Your CPH leg is (my guess) a flight operated by KLM (cityhopper) from AMS. It should take normally 3 days and post on Sunday if flown on Thursday (first only the flight with 0 miles then the next day with miles)(flights posted with 0 miles i can't see on my android delta app but do show up when logging in at delta.com).
Old Nov 30, 2014, 5:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd wait but in the meantime try to verify that it is not the case that DL indicates you as a no show for the CPH flight and is cancelling your return booking.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
IME, while your on the phone making your second request, after waiting over a week past your first request after the miles didn't post. Or just save the hassle and if the miles don't post, just call SMs and have them do it while you are on the phone.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 8:52 am
Original Poster

2 of my 3 flights were on Delta, and the other poster was correct... #3 was KLM cityhopper.

But, usually the flights show up in my history even if the MQM and MQD's don't post.. it at least shows I made the trip. This doesn't show anything. Although it does show in "my trips" that my return is scheduled for Tuesday. CPH-AMS-DTW-XXX.

I'll take the advice of the experts and wait a bit.

Thanks all.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite

Lately in my experience the SM page is no longer auto populating the blank boxes. However if you enter the ticket number into the mileage request form then it should actually tell you the current status of the segments!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Still nothing shows up? Hmmm, My friday HKG-AMS KL flight already posted and my AMS-MSP-GFK flights from yesterday have a Q status already.
Then i would go to:
https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mileagecredit.action and see what the status is
Also would follow MSPeconomist advice and verify if everything is corrrect.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 2:16 am
Original Poster

the mystery continues... I entered in the ticket # and it popped up I have been credited for all flights but it doesn't appear in my SM account!!!!! I don't get it. I fly back tomorrow CPH-AMS-DTW-XXX so I'll inquire when I get home if it doesn't fix itself.

thanks all
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Originally Posted by Hillhouse
the mystery continues... I entered in the ticket # and it popped up I have been credited for all flights but it doesn't appear in my SM account!!!!! I don't get it. I fly back tomorrow CPH-AMS-DTW-XXX so I'll inquire when I get home if it doesn't fix itself.
Chill out...the auto-response (bolding mine) is entirely normal. And, in fact, I think the pop-up message goes on to say that DL will review your request to make sure all flights have indeed been credited. Wait a day or two and I'm sure the missing sectors will appear.

Same thing happened to me last week (I was missing a DL-coded VA sector; submitted the ticket number, got the auto-response about all flights being credited, and a day later the missing miles appeared in my account).
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Is it possible to request original routing credit for AF/KL flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.