Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jjl468
MQM bonuses are awarded within a few days of the Amex tracker reporting crossing the threshold

MQD waiver may take up to 2 weeks to update after the MQM spend tracker on the Amex website and is independent of statement dates
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, HH Dia
I am having this same issue - spend has not been updated since September 2018, and as a result, I don't have FO status for 2019. Delta is largely worthless, and so is Amex. Those who have had this failure to update issue, how did you get it fixed?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by WillSkiGT
I am having this same issue - spend has not been updated since September 2018, and as a result, I don't have FO status for 2019. Delta is largely worthless, and so is Amex. Those who have had this failure to update issue, how did you get it fixed?
Many calls and emails to Amex, including their written promise that it would be fixed within some number of weeks. It wasn't.

I even got a supervisor to call Delta; Delta said they needed Amex to send the message for the waiver (even though Delta acknowledged my spend exceeded $25K, and I got the MQM bonus last February).

I explained to Amex that if I lost out on an upgrade due to the lower status than I should have, I'd be asking Amex to pay the value of that upgrade. And I'd make that request to a judge if necessary, so I strongly suggested that they expedite sending Delta the message that I've reached the waiver level.

We'll see what happens.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:07 pm

Anyone having success getting their Amex spending waiver fixed? My wife's account should be Platinum as of this week if the Amex spending would update properly. Currently her Delta account says spending as of Feb 21st so it's 2 months behind. My account shows Mar 3rd so not much better. I've talked to both Delta and Amex and neither one could seem to resolve it but Amex did open a ticket to have it looked into further. We'll see how long this takes and if it even resolves it.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
It took me almost a year to get the issue fixed (I hit the threshold February 2018, and it got fixed in February 2019). But they also applied the one-time DM waiver at the same time, which was nice. (For a short while it looked like they didn't even take the MQMs for DM, but that didn't last.)

Keep following up on your case, it should get resolved a lot faster than mine did.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:37 am

delete.

Last edited by tearex; Apr 24, 2019 at 11:42 am Reason: delete.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, Marriott Titanium
Has there been any better understanding on how often it posts?

I just hit my $25k spend as of last week and went ahead and paid my balance off on Saturday morning. As of now it says "last updated July 11" which supports the "36 hours within Tuesdays" theory someone mentioned.

I'm in a great position this year as I rolled over 23k miles, earned about 43k so far, and with the bonus MQMs and MQD waiver I should hit Platinum as soon as it kicks in. Kind of impatient.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CJatSky
Has there been any better understanding on how often it posts?

I just hit my $25k spend as of last week and went ahead and paid my balance off on Saturday morning. As of now it says "last updated July 11" which supports the "36 hours within Tuesdays" theory someone mentioned.

I'm in a great position this year as I rolled over 23k miles, earned about 43k so far, and with the bonus MQMs and MQD waiver I should hit Platinum as soon as it kicks in. Kind of impatient.
Aside from the MQD spend waiver posting, the annual MQM Boosts will not post until after statement close (it is independent of the MQD waiver spend updates). There is no way to force them to post prior to that (paying off your card prior to statement close won't help).
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xliioper
Aside from the MQD spend waiver posting, the annual MQM Boosts will not post until after statement close (it is independent of the MQD waiver spend updates). There is no way to force them to post prior to that (paying off your card prior to statement close won't help).
Got it, makes sense. If that's the case, it appears my billing statements on months with 31 days is on the 20th. So perhaps on Saturday/Sunday I'll get the MQM boost and hit Platinum. Luckily no trips planned until next week on the early side.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Delays/Discrepancies in MQD Waiver/30k Spend Bonus tracking

So, I have the Reserve card. Right now I have about $10k in spend where the earned points have posted but the waiver tracker doesn't seem to have included the spend. I'm also not quite sure when to check spending tracking from (i.e. late December vs Jan. 1), but either there's a hiccup or some of the spend earned points but didn't count towards the waiver/MQM block.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Best way to check this in at AMEX. It may take a few days for your account at delta.com to accurately reflect the balance. If you go to your AMEX account and navigate to Statements & Activity, then go to the Recent Activity pulldown menu, you can scroll down to Year to Date. Click on that for a decent estimate for your spend so far.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Alright, Amex is showing $29k in YTD spend. Delta's website (I just checked now) is showing the same amount of spend to within a rounding error for base card spend when I add it up (it goes a bit over when I add in the January statement since that included some spend in December), so it doesn't seem that there was some non-earning spend thrown in. The Delta MQM waiver is showing $23-24k in spend. Any idea who(m) should I poke about this? I'm also tempted to just throw a power bill on the card and see if that triggers both things...I do still need about $1000 in spend by the end of the year to trigger the MQM bonus even by the Amex-end numbers, but I'm also not quite clear on who deals with those [DL or Amex].
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC

Apologies if previously posted, did search, but didn't find on my terms.

Just noticed my Amex DL Plat account (via amex.com) that it shows (daily) the tracking toward MQM bonus boost (25k/50k or presumedly 30k/60k spend)

Delta's update seemed to be once a month and come December, I've always wondered how much EXACTLY I needed to (qualifyingly) spend to get the next threshold.
But now, on your online Amex statement page, it shows you where you are on the sidebar under how many Skymiles you have:

Track Your Status Boost

Earn 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000.00 in eligible purchases by December 31.
$xx,xxx.xx spent
$x,xxx.xx to go
Boosts at $25K/$50K
Updates daily. Additional Medallion® Status requirements apply.
See Terms.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:05 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by BHammy
Delta's update seemed to be once a month
My experience is that my AmEx total updates on DL's website about 2x per week
Old Feb 19, 2020, 7:36 am

Programs: DL DM
This year my spend updates much faster than last year. It seemed like it only updated once a month last year, while this year it updates every 2-3 days.
BHammy likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: Delta PM
Where is this on the website? I can't locate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.