Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 3, 2014, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rwoman
BUY MQMS. EARN MQDS.

Still hoping to reach Diamond, Platinum, Gold, or Silver Medallion® status for 2015? Good news—now through December 31, 2014, you can buy between 2,500 and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) that will post to your 2014 MQM balance and apply toward your 2015 status.

Even better, dollars spent toward purchasing MQMs will also be credited as Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs – U.S.-based members only), which will be posted to your 2014 MQD balance and will also apply toward your 2015 status.

Want to learn what it means to travel for an entire year with Medallion status? Discover the benefits.

MQMs and MQDs will post to your SkyMiles® account within 24 hours of purchase.

And don’t forget:
  • MQMs purchased will be deposited to your 2014 MQM balance
  • MQMs purchased through this offer are non-refundable
  • Dollars spent toward MQM purchase will apply to your 2014 MQD balance
  • The maximum MQMs that may be purchased for one SkyMiles account for the 2015 Medallion year is 10,000

T&C

FAQ
Print Wikipost

Any Word on MQM Purchase this year?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Didn't get e-mail, but - thanks to FT - I went to the site and was offered:

2,500 - $625.00
5,000 - $825.00
7,500 - $1,025.00
10,000 - $1,225.00.

Maybe because I'm only SM? Probably won't take them up on the offer.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 11:51 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by mridley2
Tried logging in to see what my offer would be but delta.dumb won't let me login from the buy MQM page. The site keeps resetting to the login screen once I enter my information. I've tried all combinations of SM #, Password, PIN, last name, etc. nothing works! And if I login to my account first and then search for the buy mqm page I get a page not found please go here link.

I wonder if if it has to do with my current situation.

I'm currently sitting at 80K MQMs and $6700 MQDs. I have three trips planned through December 28th which will net me another 15K mqms and $800 MQD's to re-qualify for PM next year. NO intention of playing this ludicrous game of buying MQMs. HAHAHA. no thank you RA.

Anyone else seeing this? I'll try again tomorrow then I'm going to call the PM desk. I'm curious if Delta has implemented some logic as to who is eligible for MQM purchase and who isn't??
I've had the same problem. I just passed 75K MQMs, have a little over $5K MQDs but have met the DL AmEx spend.

I did wonder if I was ineligible since I also did not receive an email from DL about the promo. However, after looking at some of the earlier posts on this thread, in which many others have been unable to get to the Buy MQM page, I think it could be an IT glitch. One person who tried several times reported finally accessing the page.

Update: Today (12/4) I was able to access the page for buying the MQMs. My offer was a price range from $925 to $1725. Not interested, since I have already requalified for PM.

Last edited by CarmenOM; Dec 4, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Old Dec 4, 2014, 12:25 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Tried logging in to see what my offer would be but delta.dumb won't let me login from the buy MQM page. The site keeps resetting to the login screen once I enter my information. I've tried all combinations of SM #, Password, PIN, last name, etc. nothing works! And if I login to my account first and then search for the buy mqm page I get a page not found please go here link.
The poorly thought out behavior I noticed was that if I entered my login info and clicked "Log In" (logically located next to the log in information) the page failed to load. However, if I entered my login info and instead clicked "Buy MQMs" (unintuitively labeled and located at the bottom of the page) the page loaded correctly.

Bad design 101.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rwoman
I was creating the wiki post as you posted this.

DL offering:

2,500 MQM for $1025
5,000 MQM for $1325
7,500 MQM for $1775
10,000 MQM for $2095

Thankfully, I qualified awhile ago.
Ditto for me. What a joke. Easier to fly, this is more for MQD's than MQM.

Also, crazy to realize that there is now price discrimination in MQM purchases.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 4:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

I wonder if if it has to do with my current situation.

I'm currently sitting at 80K MQMs and $6700 MQDs. I have three trips planned through December 28th which will net me another 15K mqms and $800 MQD's to re-qualify for PM next year. NO intention of playing this ludicrous game of buying MQMs. HAHAHA. no thank you RA.

Anyone else seeing this? I'll try again tomorrow then I'm going to call the PM desk. I'm curious if Delta has implemented some logic as to who is eligible for MQM purchase and who isn't??
Last year the computer seemed to prevent purchases by those who would not be helped by the MQMs, such as those having fewer than 15,000 MQMs in their accounts.

However, DL seems perfectly willing to sell MQMs to people, such as those who have already requalified for DM, for whom the purchased MQMs will just become rollover.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mnredfox

There was price discrimination in MQM purchases last year and maybe even earlier. There's also some form of price discrimination in most things that DL sells, so why should this be different? Maybe the surprise is that it still costs anyone exactly one dollar to buy one MQD and it's just the set amounts that can be purchased that have been personalized.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by berliner5000
My offer is insane

2500 for $1025
5000 for $1325
7500 for $1775
10000 for $2095

I am short >25,000 mqms for Diamond (I'm sitting at roughly 86k)
Same offer...I'm 1531 short of DM with a $167 flight in the morning that will put me over (4 legs, 2000 MQM to visit Mother Orca).

(2000MQM + 4500RDM + Visit Mom) / $167 >> (2500 MQM) / $1025

Last edited by orca15; Dec 4, 2014 at 6:33 am
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:41 am

DL selling MQMs

Just released:

http://www.frequentflier.com/blog/fo...fying-miles-2/
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:42 am

On sale now.

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
I hope so....calculated out ill be just a tad shy (same with the waiver) so wouldnt mind a MQD buy up
You can purchase now:

http://www.frequentflier.com/blog/fo...fying-miles-2/
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by bennos
The poorly thought out behavior I noticed was that if I entered my login info and clicked "Log In" (logically located next to the log in information) the page failed to load. However, if I entered my login info and instead clicked "Buy MQMs" (unintuitively labeled and located at the bottom of the page) the page loaded correctly.

Bad design 101.
I tried that last night and again just now to no avail. Still unable to login at all from the Buy MQM page.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you mean PM in place of either GM or DM? There are a ton more MQMs than 15,000 required between GM and DM.
Oops. Yep meant GM to PM. Typo. Diamond is nowhere near my radar. Thanks for the catch.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: Delta - Platinum / Marriott - Platinum Premier / Starwood - Platinum Preferred
I tried that last night and again just now to no avail. Still unable to login at all from the Buy MQM page.
Yes, I noticed the same issue. Not being able to log in.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Originally Posted by mnredfox

Very simple. You're not really just buying MQM's, you're buying up to the next level of status. And since Diamond is way more valuable than Gold or Platinum, the price is obviously higher.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Finally able to log in to the buy MQM page. here is what I was offered.

2500, $925
5000, $1125
7500, $1325
10000, $1725

laughably absurd!
Old Dec 5, 2014, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry
Very simple. You're not really just buying MQM's, you're buying up to the next level of status. And since Diamond is way more valuable than Gold or Platinum, the price is obviously higher.
Not quite. Any leftover MQMs will rollover for you, so in that sense it really is a MQM purchase. In fact, you could purchase MQMs even if you don't need them now but want the rollover, whether or not you need the MQDs that come with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.