New online award booking experience

Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
New online award booking experience

Looks like Delta has unleashed the new award booking engine on its website.

At first impression, the award booking experience seem to be just as clutterly as the previous.
No more award calendar which is often erroneous, but shows the total award pricing.

I can see the available award space a lot more clearly when I try to book a one-way itinerary. (Although roundtrip pricing still applies). This way, you can piece together award space to creating your own award.

Jiburi
Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:25 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
You can still get a kinda sorta calendar by choosing "5 weeks" under "Flexible Days".
Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
So far its much MUCH better then before. And more low level availability it appears. Showing tons of JFK-ICN in Business on KE for example in February.

I guess the award calendar and availability will be much improved for 2015...the trade off of course being it will be much more difficult to earn miles..
Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
That's the way to "fix" the calendar: simply abolish it and remove it!

This interface is even more clunky than before...

why can't Dullta do it simply and user friendly, easy and quick to use, how nwa.com had, and how UA has it now (brought over from CO, which was the same res. system and interface as NWA back many years ago, and still the same superior interface has remained).

DL availability also now seems to be even worse..but that is just how it seems now likely due to even poorer interface making it even harder to search now. (On the upside, now can also see non-DL inventory in the 5 day view...sort of similar to how ba.com/Avios is.)
Old Nov 15, 2014, 7:04 am
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
For an airline that is going to one way awards in 6 weeks, I don't understand why they would take away the award calender for each way! Sure you can select one way, but it doubles the work if you are trying to figure out which way is a lower award.

Looks like the same award engine, just new graphics. I am betting it is still broken.

Even if click partner airlines, Air France and others are not shown.

I guess we will never see Global Upgrade availability.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 7:23 am

Calender looks new to me just pulled up 5 week availability to AMS. Central and South America searches are returning an error

This market is not valid for Award Ticketing on delta.com, but may be available on one of our SkyMiles Airline Partners. Contact us at 800-323-2323 or call the number on the back of your SkyMiles card for assistance. Non-US based customers, please contact us for assistance. #1017

It's been a while since I used Delta.com but KVS quit working this morning which would indicate things have changed.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
So far its much MUCH better then before.

And more low level availability it appears.
Originally Posted by RealHJ
This interface is even more clunky than before...

DL availability also now seems to be even worse.
Hmmmm. Interesting.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:22 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
So far its much MUCH better then before. And more low level availability it appears. Showing tons of JFK-ICN in Business on KE for example in February.
KE is not delta you could have booked that before assuming KE released inventory
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:27 pm
Suspended

I guess the award calendar and availability will be much improved for 2015...the trade off of course being it will be much more difficult to earn miles..
Low level award seems to finally exist for real. So far I have not yet seen a low level award price on the calendar "suddenly change" into a medium level award on the next page.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 3:19 pm
LHS

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
New award chart

Air France and klm tix don't seem to be showing up at all. Also, can't book as before via a city in Europe to insure partner airline when going further. For instance,if going to jnb and you wanted to go via AF you would do a multi-search via cdg. Computer wouldn't allow it. Only low award tix were via lhr on vs.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I tried to check award tick from BCN to NYC, this one is a first...
Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by walterD
Well, at least you seem to be ending up in the right general area, even if 2 segments are just for funnnnnn!

That said, has anyone seen the old "negative layover" yet that we used to see?
Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA 1K
This is much improved for me. Why would I want a color coded calendar when I can see actual miles required on a 5 week display. Actually seems to work for me. Also a number of lows that i haven't seen before. Big leap in usability.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Definitely an improvement with availability and so far, the award mileage initially posted is what is actually required. A big step in the right direction. Why did it take 3+ years to happen?!?!!!!
Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
Originally Posted by walterD
EVERYONE MUST TRAVEL THROUGH ATLANTA... WRAAAAWWRR...

I couldn't stand to steal Ted's thunder. Ted no like theifs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.