New Delta seat look?

Old Nov 13, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by davetravels
I disagree. The aisle seat definitely looks quilted, though not heavily.
Hmm my eyes may just be playing tricks on me then.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:03 pm

looks like 70s cocktail lounge naugahyde. That said, nothing could be more boring than the blue seats DL currently has, so I guess this would at least add a little bit of visual interest.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Note that DL got rid of the "Confederate Gray" inserts on the 717s, and it looks like this will be the new F seat color scheme.

I also wonder if the seat belts are red like on the new flat bed J seats on the 75S.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Delta 764
I also wonder if the seat belts are red like on the new flat bed J seats on the 75S.
In the picture of the CD seats, you can spot an old blue seat belt in the 2nd row C seat.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I like the seats and welcome Delta putting a bit more design into their cabins. First the "diamond' bulkhead, and the Delta and widget, now this. Hopefully there are a few more design pops in the works.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by rylan
I care much more about the seat comfort than how it looks.
+1 ^
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
The seat got new "fabric" and color with maybe-winged head-rests
Did you notice the armrests. Circa 1980 or something?
BTW, I had a DL red blanket that was - how shall we say - used?
Will the new seats come with fresh blankets?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
It looks like DL is sticking with the unbreathable "pleather" seating concept.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:27 pm

Hideous
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Am i the only one who notices that the quilted pattern seems to just be printed on? If you look closely at how the light from the window hits the window seat, it looks like a flat surface with just printed patterns, there doesnt appear to be any real texture or stitching on there. Possible Delta just went for a 'faux' patterned print or that these are just mockups?
The quilted pattern is 'real'. I saw the seats in person a little while ago and felt them... unlike the new diamond pattern on the bulkheads, this one is real.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I really like it. Very mid-century modern, which brings a sense of the "jet set" era into the cabin--something I think Delta has been trying to touch on in their design ever since the merger and the new uniforms. Good choice.

If they really want the cabins to look better, however, the should start with better and more regular cleaning. I was disgusted with the state of my flatbed seat on my last TATL fight.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by DiscoPapa
The quilted pattern is 'real'. I saw the seats in person a little while ago and felt them... unlike the new diamond pattern on the bulkheads, this one is real.
Gotcha my eyes must just be all kinds of out of focus today
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Am I the only who thinks these new seats are decoy? I have a feeling that Delta has a few more "enhancements" up its sleeve. For example, you walk on the plane and see the nice new seats and the lack of pre-departure drinks goes completely unnoticed. When someone finally comes around and notices PDB's have been gone for a while we will get a statement from DL telling us how they have enhanced and expedited the boarding process.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Am I the only who thinks these new seats are decoy? I have a feeling that Delta has a few more "enhancements" up its sleeve. For example, you walk on the plane and see the nice new seats and the lack of pre-departure drinks goes completely unnoticed. When someone finally comes around and notices PDB's have been gone for a while we will get a statement from DL telling us how they have enhanced and expedited the boarding process.
If anything I would guess that this is part of FCM. There have been recent upgrades to food, F fares are better priced on many routes, and the whole SP suite of services is pretty good. Upgrades are going away not because they have taken them away, but because they have both reduced inventory and increased the quality of the first class product. Mostly I think this is a good thing.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Ledfish
I'm guessing this design never sees service. The diamond quilted area is going to cost to much. If that delta logo is a monogram weave, it too will get the axe due to cost.
Correct me if I am wrong, isn't this in production today?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.