New Delta seat look?

Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
If you look carefully at the dividers between the seats you will note they are much thinner and squarer than the existing Mad Dog seat dividers, therefore, these pics cannot be re covered MD 88 seats.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond
First off, my Delta contact says it is the same seat. Must be a weird angle or something. The seats were new 3 years ago, they most certainly are not replacing 3 year old seats.

Second, my contact gave me no details but said this is part of a larger initiative at Delta with details to be announced next month.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
The quilted design looks like it might collect more grit and grime over time and be a little harder to clean?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by DLGrkItalNY
Same md-88 seat, new covering...

Surprised so many think the seat has changed dramatically.
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
Pretty sure these are the exact seats currently on many of the aircraft, but with new coverings.
This. It's the same seat. Curious as to where the pictures came from since it appears to be inside an actual plane.

I personally care much, much less about what the seat looks like vs. whether it's still a comfortable seat.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
They look retro to me too. Can't put my finger on it exactly why but maybe the white contrast piping?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:44 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Meh, still looks better than the current light blue. And hey, once everyone's sitting down you can't see it anyway.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:51 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
An improvement over the current leather slab look, for sure. I call their current seat cover color "Wal-Mart Blue," it's just so...ick. Almost nausea inducing, for me, the current shade of blue. These are refined and oddly remind me of the new China Eastern uniforms by Christian Lacroix.

Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:57 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by LorynDM
Its very retro.
I'll call it - "Retro-modern"

Originally Posted by gooselee
I personally care much, much less about what the seat looks like vs. whether it's still a comfortable seat.
What makes you think "THEY" do?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I don't mind the color. I think it's the quilting that ruins it for me.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
Sitting is believing, but I also like the look.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I care much more about the seat comfort than how it looks.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:53 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
The retro look on its own isn't a problem and could look quite sharp in, say, a brand-new Sky Interior 739. But I do wonder if these seats are put into some of the older 757s, A320s and MD88s, if it won't just make those planes look and feel even older. (Even when those aircraft have gotten thoroughly renovated there are little touches like the overhead consoles that betray their true age.)

That said, I think the bright blue looks kind of cheap in a premium cabin. I am supportive of coming up with something a bit classier.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Whoever believes those 'bumps' on the back seat are convenient should be punished
Old Nov 13, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Am i the only one who notices that the quilted pattern seems to just be printed on? If you look closely at how the light from the window hits the window seat, it looks like a flat surface with just printed patterns, there doesnt appear to be any real texture or stitching on there. Possible Delta just went for a 'faux' patterned print or that these are just mockups?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 2:25 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Am i the only one who notices that the quilted pattern seems to just be printed on? If you look closely at how the light from the window hits the window seat, it looks like a flat surface with just printed patterns, there doesnt appear to be any real texture or stitching on there. Possible Delta just went for a 'faux' patterned print or that these are just mockups?
I disagree. The aisle seat definitely looks quilted, though not heavily. Zoom in and check the light reflections on the triangles. True that on the window seat, the light reflection is less pronounced.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.