Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta seat look?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
They look like economy seats.

I like the big armchair seats you fall into.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I like the design. ...And this, my friends, is why can't make everyone happy in this world.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I don't think its that old... the seats are definitely 'slimline' type to pack more in the plane.

Hard to say without actually sitting in one for several hours.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B411 Safari/600.1.4)

I'm digging it.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Looks like DL is following UA's lead for installing slimline seats as fast as possible. Welcome to the party Delta flyers

The seats are horribly uncomfortable and are truly only good for about an hour of air time then your a$$ is completely sore.

Flyer Friendly, or whatever Delta equivalent uses.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Wow, wow! That's very cool seat! I am really liked it! It's great!
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Design-wise, quite different than current. My first impression is that I like it.

But those look rather... thin (sparse?) for F seats.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG
Same md-88 seat, new covering...

Surprised so many think the seat has changed dramatically.

That said, the tufting seems like it's not needed.

They also remind me of Turkish Air from a design perspective...do love the red seat belts on Turkish

Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Miesque
That is truly ugly. Are you sure that is something new? Looks like a failed design from about two decades ago.
So DL knew that they would be tilting the widget logo and making it all red two decades ago.

I like it.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:35 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Look how skinny the arm rests are
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
While I welcome an attempt at introducing color, these seem to be the same existing MD88 seats with a new facade. I am really not a fan of the design.

Make the seats more comfortable and give greater pitch. Domestic FC is looking more and more like Y everyday. ..
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by aero0729
Look how skinny the arm rests are
Pretty sure these are the exact seats currently on many of the aircraft, but with new coverings.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 5:15 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DLGrkItalNY
Same md-88 seat, new covering...

Surprised so many think the seat has changed dramatically.
This. It is just a new cover so will be easy to install if this is the chosen design. I wonder if the Y seats will change at all? I always thought it would be neat to have EC seats a different color from regular Y.

I don't mind the design but worry that it will date quickly. I wonder if that quilted bit will provide any more padding?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Doesn't look like anything special to me..... though I won't cast judgement until I actually sit in one.

I've flown AA, US, DL, and UA in domestic first on many many occasions.... still have to say that the most comfortable seats are pre-merger UA A319, 320, and B752 first class recliners - they have the best recline and most comfortable native position. Even though these are the oldest style in most fleets, they are still the most comfortable by a wide margin in my eyes.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by enviroian
Looks like DL is following UA's lead for installing slimline seats as fast as possible. Welcome to the party Delta flyers

The seats are horribly uncomfortable and are truly only good for about an hour of air time then your a$$ is completely sore.
Have you actually flown in these DL seats, or do you just assume it's the same seat and padding as used by UA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.