Wiki Posts
Search

DM and overlapping benefits

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/SkyClub
DM and overlapping benefits

Am paid up for Executive SkyClub membership thru Feb 26, 2015. I just made Diamond so now my perk is that I get Exec SC membership thru Feb 2015 (then Individual from then on). So it basically overlaps what I already paid for. Does that mean they will extend my Feb 2015 expiration (paid for) an extra few months to account for the Nov 2014, Dec 2014, Jan 2015, and Feb 2015 overlaps? Seems like what would be fair is to extend it 4 months to June 2015.

I realize that I can choose Executive membership as one of my Choice Benefits once it expires in Feb 2015. Really just asking about the overlap "wasted" months.

Desk lady in SkyClub said they would prorate the months but I am not sure who to believe.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I have a friend who had triple SC membership (Reserve, paid, and DM). She didn't get anything extra. Not even a thanks for paying extra.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
I have a friend who had triple SC membership (Reserve, paid, and DM). She didn't get anything extra. Not even a thanks for paying extra.
No no they get to drink 3 $kunkyBeers at once! & eat as much $kyGrub as will fit on 3 plates!
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Porter2112
Am paid up for Executive SkyClub membership thru Feb 26, 2015. I just made Diamond so now my perk is that I get Exec SC membership thru Feb 2015 (then Individual from then on). So it basically overlaps what I already paid for. Does that mean they will extend my Feb 2015 expiration (paid for) an extra few months to account for the Nov 2014, Dec 2014, Jan 2015, and Feb 2015 overlaps? Seems like what would be fair is to extend it 4 months to June 2015.

I realize that I can choose Executive membership as one of my Choice Benefits once it expires in Feb 2015. Really just asking about the overlap "wasted" months.

Desk lady in SkyClub said they would prorate the months but I am not sure who to believe.
That has been my experience. If you have the same treatment as me, you should get 4 months worth of EXEC added on after Feb 2015. As an example, my EXEC expiry is April 2016. I assumed that your EXEC is paid for as I have no experience with the Delta Reserve Card program or how that benefit might be applied.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes it should get extended for several months, and then an individual membership added on to the end of it. Reserve doesn't do anything... so you could end up having an individual membership from being DM and also holding the reserve, but still have to pay extra to bring in a guest.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Reserve card just gives you access to SCs, like the regular AmEx Plat charge card. Neither has SC membership as a benefit and you don't get a membership card.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL-DM; Hertz 5 Star; Hilton Gold; Kayak hater.
FWIW, I paid for my club membership back in 2012. I have been DM ever since. Every year my SC card comes and the date keeps moving forward. It now expires 10/2016. So from what I can tell my SC membership that I paid for keeps rolling over.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:49 pm
Formerly known as HuwRLewis

Programs: DL-DM (Charter); DL-MM; Hilton: Diamond
Originally Posted by Bicostal
That has been my experience. If you have the same treatment as me, you should get 4 months worth of EXEC added on after Feb 2015. As an example, my EXEC expiry is April 2016. I assumed that your EXEC is paid for as I have no experience with the Delta Reserve Card program or how that benefit might be applied.
This is my experience too - i.e. 'extended' membership.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
and ................. there are some folks like me that get SC from Life Time Skyclub membership + DL AMEX Reserve card + DM status.

There are no additional benefits!

yay! right, eh?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
I'm currently DM but will only make PM for next year. Before I first made DM I had paid for SC membership and it kept rolling over each year I requalified for DM. The latest SC membership card I received says my membership expires 11/27/16, but the one online says it expires 8/31/15. This is obviously a big difference. How do I know which one is correct, or should I just play dumb and use the card?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
I'm currently DM but will only make PM for next year. Before I first made DM I had paid for SC membership and it kept rolling over each year I requalified for DM. The latest SC membership card I received says my membership expires 11/27/16, but the one online says it expires 8/31/15. This is obviously a big difference. How do I know which one is correct, or should I just play dumb and use the card?
The one in your My Delta wallet just shows the current membership period. There should be an "upcoming" link that shows your membership from 9/1/15 - 11/27/16.

I just requalified for Diamond a few weeks ago and they only added 11 months to my membership at the Individual level (presumably due to the shorter program year). My initial Diamond qualification last year added about 1.5 years at Executive level.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I stand corrected. My friend confirmed that her paid SC continues to be pushed forward thanks to her DM status.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Porter2112

Correct

Originally Posted by Bicostal
That has been my experience. If you have the same treatment as me, you should get 4 months worth of EXEC added on after Feb 2015. As an example, my EXEC expiry is April 2016.
Agreed - my Exec expires in the middle of next year.

Originally Posted by rylan
Yes it should get extended for several months, and then an individual membership added on to the end of it.
Again, agreed, this is what has happened with me.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by LBJ
The one in your My Delta wallet just shows the current membership period. There should be an "upcoming" link that shows your membership from 9/1/15 - 11/27/16.

I just requalified for Diamond a few weeks ago and they only added 11 months to my membership at the Individual level (presumably due to the shorter program year). My initial Diamond qualification last year added about 1.5 years at Executive level.
Found it. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.