Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL took away our EC seats on a 14 hour flight - now stuck in middle seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta FO

Due to an early morning MX today, the dominos fell and somehow DL dropped the ball and gave my wife and my EC seats ATL-DXB to someone else. We ended up with middle seats in the back of the plane, apart from each other. 2 hours till departure. Not sure we can survive this. I guess we could change to tomorrow night and spend the night in ATL. What would you guys do? I am seething right now.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

And for good measure, the GA admonished me for folding my crappy boarding pass in half and not placing it in my passport in the photo page as I slipped it into my backpack - 2 1/2 hours before the flight.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:43 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Did the MX cause a re-booking of the ATL-DXB segment? If not, why were those seats dropped?

There is an AF operated itinerary (ATL-CDG-DXB) that might have better seats available. Departs at 21:15 and arrives at 23:00.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

No rebooking. Nothing changed ATL-DXB. Thanks for the head's up with on the AF flight, but not enough time to get on that one.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
No way would I sit in a middle seat for 15+ hours...
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
No way would I sit in a middle seat for 15+ hours...
Agree with this! No way. Talk to a redcoat ASAP.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:53 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by richardinmotion
No rebooking. Nothing changed ATL-DXB. Thanks for the head's up with on the AF flight, but not enough time to get on that one.
Do you have anything you need to do in DXB upon arrival? Will a day's delay significantly impact your trip?

If there was a better selection of seats tomorrow I would probably wait as long as none of the above are true. Did they give you this option?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond,1.8 MM; AA Gold
I'd start with calling for a red coat and call the DM line if no satisfaction from the red coat
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Talked to a red coat. She wanted $1000+ to change to tomorrow. She's telling me there was an equipment change. No luck.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond,1.8 MM; AA Gold
Try the Diamond desk...at least they can talk to the GA or red coat about getting you better seats.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:26 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Due to an early morning MX today, the dominos fell and somehow DL dropped the ball and gave my wife and my EC seats ATL-DXB to someone else. We ended up with middle seats in the back of the plane, apart from each other. 2 hours till departure. Not sure we can survive this. I guess we could change to tomorrow night and spend the night in ATL. What would you guys do? I am seething right now.
Dude. I'm on this flight!! Just boarded!

Talked to a red coat. She wanted $1000+ to change to tomorrow. She's telling me there was an equipment change. No luck.
Eq change???

It's the normal 777!

LoL....don't hate me....I'm in 29A.

Hah! Just met my first FT member.

Hope your flight isn't too terrible, bud!

Last edited by Canarsie; Nov 9, 2014 at 12:28 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

I met my first FT'er also! Dude has a righteous seat
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Next time try the "Friendly Skies". Middle seat International - for me NEVER!

Enjoy your flt. Perhaps this is why DL provides free booze in the back. It numbs the pain.

On the bright side, you'll get to meet two new people.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Hah, if they told me that I'd have gotten into a taxi bound for Virginia Ave. Kick a couple kettles from their seats, not DMs. Seriously, does Diamond mean nothing?

I wish you the best, but honestly, I'd send 50 e-mails until I got one GUC for each of you.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:52 pm

OP: It appears DL dropped the ball on this. I see you are a DM, and should have been treated better. Typical ATL BS. The workers at DL in ATL think the World revolves around ATL. If DL Customer Service does not do anything. Press it.

I am a DM and DL could have allowed you to fly on another flt or the next day without charge. How did you and your wife get singled out (perhaps the last seats booked/lowest status)?

From OP: the GA admonished me for folding my crappy boarding pass
GA should be written up, for being rude. The redcoat as well for not offering options to a DM. Typical ATL BS.

Write to these people: Source: http://investing.businessweek.com/re...asp?ticker=DAL

Richard Anderson
Edward Bastian
Daniel Carp
Roy Bostock
Kenneth Woodrow
Paula Reynolds
Kenneth Rogers
David DeWalt
David Goode
John Brinzo
Mickey Foret
Shirley Franklin
George Mattson
William Easter III
Francis Blake

Good luck OP. I hope your return journey is better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.