Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SC agents dont know the rules

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by exwannabe
On an arrival? I thought those rules only held for departures.
"ams" was apparently an iPhone autocorrect for same... I must travel more than I think.

I'm not sure about the rules on arrival, but most airports don't have a SkyTeam arrival lounge anyway. The Virgin Atlantic clubhouses cannot be used on arrival by GM+ -- I do know that.

If you have an onward connecting flight, you can definitely use the lounges in LHR, AMS & CDG for example -- along with a guest. Same here in the states.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles PM, AA ExPlat, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
In LGA, they make up the rules as they go, even when you show them on Delta's website what the rules say.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Anyway, my wife has sent in a message to DL.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Anyway, my wife has sent in a message to DL.
Got a reply back which I have already replied to- self explanatory - clueless

With all due respect, you have completely misunderstood - please read below - this was in ATLANTA- after being on DL65 - it was in a Skyclub - NOT - a 3rd party lounge. See below please.

-----Original Message-----
To: gralistair Sent: Mon, Dec 8, 2014 Subject: DELTA SKY CLUB

Dear Mrs. GRALISTAIR

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry for any confusion regarding SkyTeam Elite Plus members.

Effective May 1, 2014, third-party international lounges will become Business lounges. In order for SkyTeam Elite Plus member (Delta Diamond, Platinum and Gold medallions) to access these lounges, they must be traveling in BusinessElite or Business Class and will not longer be allowed access if traveling in Economy Class. SkyTeam Elite Plus members will continue to have access to Delta Sky Club, SkyTeam and other airline partner lounges when flying internationally in Economy Class.

Again, thank you for writing. We realize this is a disappointment, and trust you will understand our position. We appreciate your selection of Delta and will always welcome the opportunity to be of service.

Sincerely,
Your Delta Sky Club Team

Message: Yesterday as a GM traveling on an International Itinerary myself and my daughter- silver medallion xxxxxxx were denied access to the C Skyclub in Atlanta. I was then told I could get in but not my daughter. The Delta website http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-of-terms.html

clearly states that I am allowed in with 1 guest on the day of travel on a Skyteam International itinerary. Is this just a matter of some agents not knowing all the rules? Never usually have a problem but we usually travel with my husband who is DM (xxxxxxxxxx) who is allowed to guest two in with his membership and who will pay the extra next year when the access rules change.

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Dec 31, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.