Alaska Air Board Room Access

Old Nov 4, 14, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/SkyClub
Alaska Air Board Room Access

Am a Delta Sky Club Member with card. Flying Delta-only flights to ANC. Will I have access to the Board Room at ANC?

Delta website is confusing but seems to say yes. Alaska Air website says they don't reciprocate. That is, If you are a Board Room member they don't allow SC access. Delta.dumb seems to indicate that SC members can use BR clubs so it's a 1-way relationship but not 2-way. Thoughts?
Old Nov 4, 14, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, BA Silver
At LAX this past Sunday, the AS signage stated DL SC members flying DL or AS could use the T6 BR.
Old Nov 4, 14, 11:43 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
I flew through ANC this past September on Delta and had no issue at all using the Boardroom. I just showed them my Sky Club card and Delta boarding pass and I was welcomed in.
Old Nov 4, 14, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Originally Posted by Porter2112 View Post
Alaska Air website says they don't reciprocate. That is, If you are a Board Room member they don't allow SC access. Delta.dumb seems to indicate that SC members can use BR clubs so it's a 1-way relationship but not 2-way. Thoughts?
Where did you find that on the AS website.

The list of locations includes all of the SkyClubs, with the disclaimers being that a BR member needs a same day travel ticket on AS or DL, and that the BR member must pay extra for guests when visiting a SkyClub:

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/gif...and-hours.aspx

David
Old Nov 4, 14, 6:25 pm

Programs: 3MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Am a Delta Sky Club Member with card. Flying Delta-only flights to ANC. Will I have access to the Board Room at ANC?

Delta website is confusing but seems to say yes. Alaska Air website says they don't reciprocate. That is, If you are a Board Room member they don't allow SC access. Delta.dumb seems to indicate that SC members can use BR clubs so it's a 1-way relationship but not 2-way. Thoughts?
DL Skyclub card and DL ticket are all you need to access the AS Boardroom in ANC. I've lived there the past 2 years waiting on my DL flight back south. The nice thing about the BR is they are open until 1 or 2am for those late night flights back south. I believe they open at 5:00am as well.
Old Nov 5, 14, 1:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by gator21

DL Skyclub card and DL ticket are all you need to access the AS Boardroom in ANC. I've lived there the past 2 years waiting on my DL flight back south. The nice thing about the BR is they are open until 1 or 2am for those late night flights back south. I believe they open at 5:00am as well.
ANC AS BR open until 1:30 AM these days ^ Last call 1 AM. (there is a soda machine & espresso machine too)
They do open at 5AM (per liquor laws, no liquor until 10 AM/Noon Sundays).
Old Nov 5, 14, 6:34 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
If I have the DL reserve Amex does that allow use of BR, or just actual SC membership? TIA
Old Nov 6, 14, 12:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Quinlanty View Post
If I have the DL reserve Amex does that allow use of BR, or just actual SC membership? TIA
AFAIK you'd need a SC card.
Old Nov 6, 14, 12:53 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Quinlanty View Post
SC members only. The DL Reserve Amex is only good at DL Sky Clubs. It won't get you into any partner/third party lounges.
Old Nov 6, 14, 2:11 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
These agreements with Alaska are not going to last long time for priority pass
Old Nov 6, 14, 8:25 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz #1 Gold
I spoke with an SC agent in PDX last week...

I spoke with an SC agent in PDX last week about Board Room access with a Delta SkyClub membership. She said that the agreement is still in place and you can go to the board room on an AS/DL ticket.
She didn't have any details or inside information on if/when this perk was going away.
Old Nov 6, 14, 11:19 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
These agreements with Alaska are not going to last long time for priority pass
Why do you say this?
Old Nov 7, 14, 8:59 am

Programs: DL PM (was DL DM for 3yrs), HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
I visited the Board Room in SEA and was warmly welcomed by showing my Sky Club card. They actually seemed delighted to have me visiting, whereas most Sky Clubs make you feel like you're bothering them.
Old Nov 7, 14, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/SkyClub
Thanks All - I had an enjoyable time in the BR last evening. I was warmly welcomed with no issues at all. A bit smaller than I expected since I was in Alaska and it's mainly for Alaska Air folks

I did find it curious that there was a sign on the bar saying that you are "limited to 3 drinks". The SCs don't seem to have an official limit. I stuck with the three...
Old Nov 7, 14, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG
Thanks All - I had an enjoyable time in the BR last evening. I was warmly welcomed with no issues at all. A bit smaller than I expected since I was in Alaska and it's mainly for Alaska Air folks

I did find it curious that there was a sign on the bar saying that you are "limited to 3 drinks". The SCs don't seem to have an official limit. I stuck with the three...
Depending on what you drink, its higher quality than what is in many sky clubs. Especially the Alaskan beers

Search this Thread
Search Engine: