Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Offerings-Wherre Did the Chix Salad Go

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold

Hello FTers,
I've been in 4 SC's this weekend and have seen only corn salad and not Chix salad. Is this an official replacement? If so, it concerns me a great deal as corn is not a protein. With the cheese gone, there is no single protein source offered with all the new SC food choices. Granted the soups offer some protein, but there needs to be a single protein source. As a Registered Dietitian, I'm very disappointed.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:52 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Check out post 412 in this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ug-14h-28.html
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:34 pm

Not sure if serious ...
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Haven't seen it since late September. And there's no more cheese either, so now we have no protein, only some (barely) veggies, and mostly crap. But at least it's exclusive crap, right?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG
There is still the cheese spread, which is pretty good with the tomato flatbread. But, I'm not sure how protein rich it is
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:37 pm

If you are really concerned about protein, you can help yourself to the peanuts, hummus, and hard boiled egg whites.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: DL PM
Atlanta last week had no protein at all, no cheese, and a slop of a soup called lentil, which looked like baby poop. They only had the olives and the vegies, and fruits and biscoff. oh yea, some rock hard stale cookies too... looked like chips ahoy. sigh. another downgrade with lipstick on it.
lisl
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Pretty disappointed also that the chix salad is gone. That actually made a nice lunch or light dinner with a bed of lettuce and a scoop of chicken salad on top. Or you could eat it with a few crackers.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:10 am

There was chicken salad in MEM as of 10/24.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
What the hell is corn salad?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:39 pm
Formerly known as jbalis

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Executive, MGM Noir,
Originally Posted by rylan
Pretty disappointed also that the chix salad is gone. That actually made a nice lunch or light dinner with a bed of lettuce and a scoop of chicken salad on top. Or you could eat it with a few crackers.
Just wondering as SC is pretty much a free thing delta gives people we seem to always be pretty unhappy. Last time I checked it was meant to be a nice place to relax and grab a snack, not a substitute for a meal. I have decided to be thankful that I receive this place with Wifi, a beer and quick bite for no cost at all. If I was buying a membership I might have more grounds to complain. If you really want chicken salad I am sure it is for sale around the airport or can be made at home. Seems like a lot of people pretty unhappy when the free thing they liked is not there always. I think of it like if you really want first, buy first don't be upset when you don't get it free. Take the Centurion lounge for example, not a free thing (for the most part), pay the 50$ I promise the food and drinks are WAY better.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I wasn't looking for a meal replacement, but appreciated the relatively healthier option of protein on lettuce and some veggies, rather than lots of carbs and sugar.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Frogbone
Salad, made from corn.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:53 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Frogbone
It's the only thing I have been too scared to try, to be honest.....
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:59 pm
Formerly known as jbalis

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Executive, MGM Noir,
Originally Posted by rylan
I wasn't looking for a meal replacement, but appreciated the relatively healthier option of protein on lettuce and some veggies, rather than lots of carbs and sugar.

here are the nutrition facts for the chicken salad.....you should be happy its gone.

https://www.delta.com/content/dam/de...ickenSalad.pdf

at 290 calories, 34% (22g of fat) of your days fat and 23% of saturated fat vs 12g of protein its not looking good. The Wedding soup has 11g of protein (7g fat) and 180 calories is a pretty good option. Grab a yogurt with 11g of protein for that matter.

I would say looking at all the food options on the link I provided the chicken salad might be by far the worst item for you in there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.