Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Just how much do DL CSR's know about us?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by davetravels

Is it possible that NW had a more up-to-date, and futuristic IT system than DL currently has?????
I am glad that DL IT is competent on the stalking end (or shall I say "data mining") but not on the ticket purchasing end like NW.

Overall, I just want to see screenshots of what DL CSR's see. haha I figured Medallion Status and Upcoming Itineraries...not my entire seach history with DL and any complaint and phone call I have ever made in the past.

Overall, I hope that CSR comments are confined to PNR's and not my "permanent record"...wouldn't want a single bad interaction with an incompetent agent to ruin a lifetime of DL phone calls.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:30 pm

Location: Minneapolis, formerly the shores of Lake Minnetonka
Programs: DL PM (and KM)
Is there a way to search for Award tickets without logging in? Well, I know you can search for awards without logging in, but I always though as a medallion you had access to more seats for Award tickets, so I usually log in to do that and select the "I'm traveling" box.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Ebes1099
Is there a way to search for Award tickets without logging in? Well, I know you can search for awards without logging in, but I always though as a medallion you had access to more seats for Award tickets, so I usually log in to do that and select the "I'm traveling" box.
That only applies for domestic Y flights. For anything else there is no "enhanced availability" if you are flying yourself and have DL Medallion status. So, really no reason to log-in, unless you are redeeming miles for domestic Y flights.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by RealHJ
That only applies for domestic Y flights. For anything else there is no "enhanced availability" if you are flying yourself and have DL Medallion status. So, really no reason to log-in, unless you are redeeming miles for domestic Y flights.
There was another thread where it appeared this might be in effect for international coach flights also.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by javabytes
There was another thread where it appeared this might be in effect for international coach flights also.
Ah... may be. It'd be just on some select routes then, though, as I've never, ever seen DL release more than 1 seat in J and 1 seat in Y on any flight that I've ever cared about for all the years since things changed from 012/NW to 006/DL. Logged in or no, status or no, it's always only 1 seat J and 1 seat Y at 331 days out at the normal level, and once it's booked it's gone forever and another seat never opens up (anything further is only at the double or quadruple miles level, if not totally "whited out" and blocked for awards entirely while 100s of revenue seats are still available). Believe me, I've checked regularly for full 11 months for many flights over quite a few years, and it's always so the case.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
Originally Posted by pgh234
I am glad that DL IT is competent on the stalking end (or shall I say "data mining") but not on the ticket purchasing end like NW.

Overall, I just want to see screenshots of what DL CSR's see. haha I figured Medallion Status and Upcoming Itineraries...not my entire seach history with DL and any complaint and phone call I have ever made in the past.

Overall, I hope that CSR comments are confined to PNR's and not my "permanent record"...wouldn't want a single bad interaction with an incompetent agent to ruin a lifetime of DL phone calls.
+1 ^

I wish we had someone that could confirm.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM

This makes me think of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine gets sick and her doctor considers her "difficult." Doctor writes something in her file, and no matter where she goes to get another opinion, they see her record of being "difficult" and don't help her. She has no idea what they've written -- just that something has been written about her.

If this whole thing on DL's part weren't so creepy, it'd actually be funny enough to be on a sitcoms--oh wait...
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RealHJ
However if your international itinerary can involve domestic connecting flights, then I think the enhanced domestic coach low award inventory can play a role.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
However if your international itinerary can involve domestic connecting flights, then I think the enhanced domestic coach low award inventory can play a role.
Ah yes, that is (I presume, likely) true. A very valid point!

Just it may be best not to search while logged in and from a browser from which you've never logged in until you are ready to book, as otherwise the individualized pricing may quickly go up (at least, so some seem to have reported here).

I always search for flights, revenue or award, in a separate browser from which I've never logged into my Delta account or loaded up any itinerary. When I'm ready to book then I search using a different browser and log in.

Not to say that while logged in the pricing is going to go up, I just wouldn't risk it and search anonymously until ready to book. Or at least, only search while logged in if there were no workable flights found w/o login and there is hope that while logged in domestic Y availability may be greater (but be ready to book then right away and don't linger around).

And of course keep in mind that the "enhanced availability" is only valid if the Medallion customer is travelling; if the ticket is for someone else, that is of no use.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL
Check this out: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...-card-numbers/

"PAX CLLED SD THAT HE REC EMAIL THAT HIS FLIGHT ON RETURN IS DELAYED BY 3 HOURS WLL LEAVE THE ITEN AS IS AND MAY CHECK BACK FOR A CHANGE"

I wouldn't be so worried about what the Delta CSR sees, but you should know all the notes that get attached to the PNR end up in the DHS/CBP archive. If you sit by someone who happens to be unliked by the gov, your pre-check could go away for example, or any other number of issues. It would be really comical and sad if you got angry with a CSR and it ended up following you around and impacting your insurance rates or something.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by paul21

"PAX CLLED SD THAT HE REC EMAIL THAT HIS FLIGHT ON RETURN IS DELAYED BY 3 HOURS WLL LEAVE THE ITEN AS IS AND MAY CHECK BACK FOR A CHANGE"

I wouldn't be so worried about what the Delta CSR sees, but you should know all the notes that get attached to the PNR end up in the DHS/CBP archive. If you sit by someone who happens to be unliked by the gov, your pre-check could go away for example, or any other number of issues. It would be really comical and sad if you got angry with a CSR and it ended up following you around and impacting your insurance rates or something.
Interesting link. It further solidifies my vial hatred of all that is government...but we don't want to get this thread closed.

Guess this just justifies we all have to really lay on the charm when calling in.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by HongKonger
I never log in until I'm ready to buy.
One downside to that is you cant see upgrade status if you're within your window. Available or eligible.

Also I always check expedia orbitz google ita etc to ensure I'm getting the best deal out there. Frankly the DL site sucks. And even if I thought delta had my back and would always provide me with the cheapest or best options I still wouldn't rely solely on the site as the web site sucks. Period.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mridley2
One downside to that is you cant see upgrade status if you're within your window. Available or eligible.

Also I always check expedia orbitz google ita etc to ensure I'm getting the best deal out there. Frankly the DL site sucks. And even if I thought delta had my back and would always provide me with the cheapest or best options I still wouldn't rely solely on the site as the web site sucks. Period.
Outside of your window you can see whether there's upgrade inventory if you do a dummy booking for a full Y fare when logged in as an elite. Do an advanced search by fare class for Y or higher and be sure to check the fully refundable or whatever box to avoid getting only the lower G A P fares.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by paul21

"Comical" is not how I'd put it.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:43 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
This makes me think of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine gets sick and her doctor considers her "difficult." Doctor writes something in her file, and no matter where she goes to get another opinion, they see her record of being "difficult" and don't help her. She has no idea what they've written -- just that something has been written about her.

If this whole thing on DL's part weren't so creepy, it'd actually be funny enough to be on a sitcoms--oh wait...
It reminds me of something a little different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trial

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.