Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

VDB during a milage run - do I qualify for ORC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VDB during a milage run - do I qualify for ORC?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
I'd take the $800 and snag a MUC-EZE ticket
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
I would have 1) grabbed the $800 VDB 2) found a later routing through LAX or elsewhere, then 3) worked on a same day confirm/standby (worst case flat tire) on my return PNR.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG
Originally Posted by sethb
Wouldn't $800 buy you a MR for more miles?
I was thinking this too
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
I've always received original routing credit for VDBs, many times. Original routing credit is for day-of-travel disruptions, and VDB counts.

I see two issues in this thread:

1. Original routing credit is not a question for gate agents and red coats to deal with. It's something you take up with SkyMiles later. The GA/red coat are only concerned with getting you on the plane or getting you bumped/rebooked.

2. Part of your trip is a separate itinerary that you apparently have not yet begun. That's not likely to qualify. If you change an itinerary ahead of time, no original routing credit for you.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sethb
Wouldn't $800 buy you a MR for more miles?
The OP might not have or want to take the time to do another MR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.