Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why won't DL sell me CLT-GSO?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by james318
I've seen DFW-SAT published with a connection in SEA. (Alaska Airlines operated, Delta coded.)

The price was not prohibitive, either.
Just because it wasn't price prohibitive doesn't mean it was a through fare. DL will happily sell you flight from anywhere to anywhere....I once saw people flying from, I kid you not, MKE to ORD with a connection in DTW! I'm sure that was a broken fare too.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by CDKing
The likely answer is there are no fares published between the 2 cities
Correct, no fares filed for CLT-GSO.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: DL DM
Charter a plane? GCMap shows it's 83mi straight line. If you want to burn $500 each way, a small single-engine plane would probably cost about that and be the quickest option.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
US (I guess now AA) flies this route many times a day.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:22 pm

I'm guessing the reason is Delta figures nobody will pay $500 to spend 8 hours flying vs driving 90 minutes.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Originally Posted by KoKoBuddy
I'm guessing the reason is Delta figures nobody will pay $500 to spend 8 hours flying vs driving 90 minutes.
Try 70-75 minutes... plus if you're driving right to GSO (vs. any of the cities in the Triad), you can max out your rental car's speedometer on the long, flat, desolate airport access road... not that I've ever done this.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:23 pm

Isn't this trip a little over a 1.5 hours drive? Why would anyone want to fly it on Delta? Seems ridiculous to me. I have co-workers who can't even fathom the idea of flights between DC and NYC. They would rather take Acela. Considering the distance between Greensboro and Charlotte, there are certainly wiser transportation options (Amtrak, car, etc.). Besides, that's US Air's market and they offer several daily flights between the two cities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.