Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta International Business Class Specials

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles (silver), Lounge Key

Hi:
Once in a while, I come across with really well discounted USA-EUROPE tickets in Business class. I bought it also, BOS-VIE for $2100 (while Economy was $1500). Recently somebody here said that PHX-PRG was on sale and when I checked, it was for any day for the whole quarter in 2015 for roughly the price above. That is a round trip ticket, when normally that itinerary would be around $3.500-4.500.

My question is HOW DO YOU FIND these special deals? Sometimes I would not mind flying from a different city than I had planned, if it were for this price in Business. Thanks.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Try Google Flights. Set the class (in the upper right) to Business.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
There's this thread in the mileage run forum

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...es-2014-a.html
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:42 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by prgboy
Hi:
Once in a while, I come across with really well discounted USA-EUROPE tickets in Business class. I bought it also, BOS-VIE for $2100 (while Economy was $1500). Recently somebody here said that PHX-PRG was on sale and when I checked, it was for any day for the whole quarter in 2015 for roughly the price above. That is a round trip ticket, when normally that itinerary would be around $3.500-4.500.

My question is HOW DO YOU FIND these special deals? Sometimes I would not mind flying from a different city than I had planned, if it were for this price in Business. Thanks.
Hey dude! That was me who found that deal. There is a Trancefusion party I go to every April in Prague so I literally check the Matrix every day for deals. I just wasn't quite ready to buy as I am not sure who I am taking this year. But I ALWAYS post deals I find. I am the one who found the UA US-EUROPE $1400 B-Class fares earlier this year.

Nothing like a good rave in Prague!!! ^^
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL DM
Business Class Specials on New York to CDG on Delta

Hi . . . will business class seats go on sale (for flying in late June) anytime between now and then? Or should I just assume current fares, which are almost $7000 for the nonstops roundtrip won't move? Thanks for your ideas!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by kentflyer
Hi . . . will business class seats go on sale (for flying in late June) anytime between now and then? Or should I just assume current fares, which are almost $7000 for the nonstops roundtrip won't move? Thanks for your ideas!

D1 Fares could go down, but you're looking for a trip during the highest demand part of the year. Not a huge incentive for DL (or anyone) to offer much of a discount.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:59 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DL2SXM
There's this thread in the mileage run forum

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...es-2014-a.html
Yep! This ^^

Some people check their Facebook every morning.

I check the MR forum a couple times a day and have always gotten in on those Sub $2k to Europe in J.

Have a couple trips booked for this summer to Ibiza, London, and Stockholm in J! $1600 each!
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by 355F1
Yep! This ^^

Some people check their Facebook every morning.

I check the MR forum a couple times a day and have always gotten in on those Sub $2k to Europe in J.

Have a couple trips booked for this summer to Ibiza, London, and Stockholm in J! $1600 each!
Through YYZ I would imagine? I took advantage of a great YYZ - PVG J fare, $2200.00 through DTW. If the credit card wasn't tapped out, I'd book a few YYZ-Europe as well...
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:20 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DL2SXM
Through YYZ I would imagine? I took advantage of a great YYZ - PVG J fare, $2200.00 through DTW. If the credit card wasn't tapped out, I'd book a few YYZ-Europe as well...
No, my flights this year that I booked for $1600 in J to EU are on BA.

I'm switching to AA for 2016.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Not Delta1, but I got a $1,256.00 RT DCA-ATL-LHR (TATL in PE on VS), and return DUB-CDG-JFK-DCA (TATL in PV on an AF A380). The fare code is W for the international flights, and a full Y for the domestic flights.

While I would accept an op-up, I'm actually looking forward to riding in the premium economy cabins and writing about my experiences in them.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:56 am

I was able to price out MXP-JFK on AZ one way in PE, the other in J for $1500. 12 month stay allowed. Should earn 20k RDM as a DM.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ND76
Not Delta1, but I got a $1,256.00 RT DCA-ATL-LHR (TATL in PE on VS), and return DUB-CDG-JFK-DCA (TATL in PV on an AF A380). The fare code is W for the international flights, and a full Y for the domestic flights.

While I would accept an op-up, I'm actually looking forward to riding in the premium economy cabins and writing about my experiences in them.
Know the the TATL W part on AF is eligible for miles upgrade, subject to O availability. Create an EF alert for O. Worth it IMO.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
I was able to price out MXP-JFK on AZ one way in PE, the other in J for $1500. 12 month stay allowed. Should earn 20k RDM as a DM.
priced from AZ website? I did a AF version of this for labor day. Priced it on AF and called DL to ticket it. It was a bit more money but still got J to CDG (red eye) and W back (daytime) (from ORD).
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by vgb2001
priced from AZ website?
Yes, I was thinking to buy it from AZ instead because (unlike AF/KL) they ticket on their own stock, meaning more RDM...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.