Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumour: FEBO changes for meal service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by DLcoop1977
I have always been an advocate of PAID FIRST SERVED FIRST! I know when I pay for F and don't get my choice because some upgraded pax (or worse yet a NRSA) got to choose before me, I feel I have been ripped off!

Delta should adopt a PFSF policy.

Flame away!
I'm a DM who seldom (never) pays for F and I agree with you.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Tomphot
I've seen this as well - on a recent flight to BRU, 80% of BE was non-rev. The FA made sure to go through the cabin and get all other pax orders before she started with the rest.
That's what's supposed to happen: nonrevs are supposed to get last choice of meals so that revenue passengers (including those on award tickets) can get their preferred meals.

Also, then the meals are served/delivered from front to back (or back to front on some aircraft, depending on the location of the galley).
Old Nov 15, 2014, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I was in 2e dtw to las yesterday on an FCm fare and didn't even get my choice and I chose that seat over 4b figuring they would have both Meal choices when they took my order. Turns out they only catered 5 noodle salads for 30 first class seats. I wish dekta would allow paid f customers to preorder meals
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:00 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
There was a big mix-up and I had to kick a non-rev out of his seat to get my upgrade back SEA-HKG. Seems that the purser already had the manifest so I think she thought I was the non-rev. Of course I didn't get the Asian meal I'd hoped for.

On the other hand, because of the confusion it doesn't look like my GUC was pulled.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
During boarding today on BOS-ATL, a couple in 4BA (last row of F) asked about the meal choices. The FA told them the options and they started to order. She said, "we'll take orders in the air." They insisted "that's what we want, please hold them for us." She was not the flight lead so she said, "I'm sorry, but your purser will take your order."

They were insistent, and she said, "it is an odd numbered flight, so they may take your order first, but we tend toward letting our paid F customers order first now, so you may be last since you were upgraded."
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I was on DL 1599 LAS to DTW last week in the seat 3C (last row of First on this aircraft) and the flight attendant thanked 2B for being a diamond and took his order and then thanked me for being a diamond and he took my order and then he proceeded to take meal orders from Row 1. I was on 1217 going to LAS and the FA did the meal orders from rear to front but served front to back
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by Tomphot
I've seen this as well - on a recent flight to BRU, 80% of BE was non-rev. The FA made sure to go through the cabin and get all other pax orders before she started with the rest.
I've seen this as well and think it's definitely the right way to do this - non-rev's get whats left after regular customers have ordered, regardless of where they're seated in the cabin. I have yet to see the purser bounce around taking orders by status in BE.

Are there any rules for order-taking on longhaul?

Oddly enough, over the summer I got used to eastbound trans Atlantic taking orders going up the port aisle, then up the starboard aisle, and westbound going up the starboard aisle, then up the port aisle. On my flight last week (westbound trans Atlantic) I was worried about choice given my seat in 8A, but orders were taken up the port, then up the starboard...
Old Dec 30, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Have seen FEBO strictly being implemented on certain routes.
Have occasionally made the mistake of not paying attention to matching the seating with the flight numbers this ensuring proper FEBO, and getting stuck with no choice, just whatever is left over.

Very occasionally the Chief Purser does come and ask my choice first, being DM.
Have had this on a MSP-AMS flight when the chief purser says "you are one of my 3 Diamonds, what would you like for your entree?"

Originally Posted by DLcoop1977
I have always been an advocate of PAID FIRST SERVED FIRST! I know when I pay for F and don't get my choice because some upgraded pax (or worse yet a NRSA) got to choose before me, I feel I have been ripped off!

Delta should adopt a PFSF policy.

Flame away!
Delta should adopt a PFSF policy. = love this!

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I wish dekta would allow paid f customers to preorder meals
Heard it is coming .... soon ... the ability on Delta to pre-order meals in F.

Last edited by dd1612; Dec 30, 2014 at 2:41 pm
Old Dec 30, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dd1612
Have seen FEBO strictly being implemented on certain routes.
Have occasionally made the mistake of not paying attention to matching the seating with the flight numbers this ensuring proper FEBO, and getting stuck with no choice, just whatever is left over.

Very occasionally the Chief Purser does come and ask my choice first, being DM.
Have had this on a MSP-AMS flight when the chief purser says "you are one of my 3 Diamonds, what would you like for your entree?"

Delta should adopt a PFSF policy. = love this!

Heard it is coming .... soon ... the ability on Delta to pre-order meals in F.
100% agree on the PFSF policy. Hope it is implemented so when I FCM I don't have to choose my seat based on meal choice.

As far as pre-ordering, I'm hesitant aspre-ordering might put you in the quandary often experienced with special meals, where they are less likely to re-route in IRROPS or other things due to catering issues.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought an FA wasn't able to tell if someone was upgraded or paid on the manifest. I thought it only told the passenger name, status and if they were NRSA.

I fly DTW/LAS a lot and there have been times I have been on an FCM ticket that a G fare that was cheaper than an S fare I got upgraded on. Maybe they should start giving meal choice orders based on fare paid???

Hopefully preordering is coming. I know American offers it and not sure about United. Especially on international flights, or on international flights take orders by status since no one is upgraded anyway unless it's an opup
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:51 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
On DL 2317 SAT-JFK A-319 yesterday the F/A followed FEBO.

However, earlier this year on an odd numbered SEA-DTW 737-900 the F/A didn't. Guess it's still irregular.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I was on DL 1599 LAS to DTW last week in the seat 3C (last row of First on this aircraft) and the flight attendant thanked 2B for being a diamond and took his order and then thanked me for being a diamond and he took my order and then he proceeded to take meal orders from Row 1. I was on 1217 going to LAS and the FA did the meal orders from rear to front but served front to back
I realize that this post is 9 months old. I haven't had this happen once this year, despite having been upgraded on a number of meal flights.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ND76
I realize that this post is 9 months old. I haven't had this happen once this year, despite having been upgraded on a number of meal flights.
I haven't had it happen since then on a domestic flight. When I flew DTW/AMS in July I noticed the FA took one persons meal order then mine then another person and then went up to row 1 and did front to back so I'm assuming he took diamond's meal choices first which others have reported on international flights.

I flew DTW/LAS two weeks ago on flights 1917 outbound and 1465 return. On 1917 they went from front to back and on 1465 back to front (which figures since I was in row 5 on 1917 and row 1 on 1917). I didn't get my meal choice on the return but couldn't complain since it was a free upgrade and I had SDC'd from a later flight that I know I would have never cleared on anyway.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
A few weeks ago, I was flying LAX-ATL in a window seat--upgraded at gate. It was an even # flight and I was row 2. The FA took the meal order from one person in row 1 then my seatmate and continued toward the back taking just some orders.

When the FA came back up the aisle my seatmate mentioned that she hadn't taken my meal order and she said "she will in just a moment." Then, she began hit and miss back down the rows. I finally asked if she would take my request and she said once again "in just a minute." I then mentioned the even from the front understanding and after once again trying to move back down the aisle, I mentioned it politely again and she finally took my request.

Not sure what goes???
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by DLDMFLL
A few weeks ago, I was flying LAX-ATL in a window seat--upgraded at gate. It was an even # flight and I was row 2. The FA took the meal order from one person in row 1 then my seatmate and continued toward the back taking just some orders.

When the FA came back up the aisle my seatmate mentioned that she hadn't taken my meal order and she said "she will in just a moment." Then, she began hit and miss back down the rows. I finally asked if she would take my request and she said once again "in just a minute." I then mentioned the even from the front understanding and after once again trying to move back down the aisle, I mentioned it politely again and she finally took my request.

Not sure what goes???
Did you ask what order she was using?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.