Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Pesos Joke of the Industry

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by bubbashow
If you win, can I have a cut? =)
Want lottery winnings, buy lottery tickets
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
If OP is upset about Sky Miles. Move on.

Good luck to the OP.

Last edited by kettle1; Oct 13, 2014 at 8:56 pm
Old Oct 13, 2014, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks Just what I am doing and they will get none of my $40,000 in tickets next year.

Sad thing is they don't care and neither will I when oil stabilizes and their profits plunge and they wish they had passengers like me back.

And I am sure there are many more like me!
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:43 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by kapkap46
Thanks Just what I am doing and they will get none of my $40,000 in tickets next year.

Sad thing is they don't care and neither will I when oil stabilizes and their profits plunge and they wish they had passengers like me back.

And I am sure there are many more like me!
Talk about bitter. OP perhaps you were the gent in 3C on my last DL flt. Why did this turn to hate? If you do no not like DL - move on. Wishing hate to the airline, employees and shareholders is in spite because you can not figure out how to use Sky Miles to your liking.

As I said above. MOVE ON! Try the service on UA. If you are gunning for miles - go with AA. Wishing an airline to hit money problems, employees and shareholders problems is pure hate.

You are correct, DL could care less about your $40,000. Don't worry DL shareholders - my staff will pick-up the slack from this OP! Talk about bitter. Damn, it's only Monday.

Perhaps, donate your Sky Miles to charity and they can find someone that knows how to use them. You sure do not.

Good luck OP. See you on UA or AA. I fly on UA only because it is non-stop. If not I will enjoy the vacant seat OP leaves next to me on DL.

Happy travels. (((Talk about bitter))).
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:20 am
Original Poster

I was a Diamond 2012 and 2013. No difference for me. Not to say those of you who only care about domestic upgrades don't do a lot better.

Don't care . I get all those benefits in my Business tickets so the only thing I get from DL are miles to be able to use for awards.

Being a Diamond made no difference and for those of you who seem to be such experts on making the system work see if you can find 2 low saver economy awards for a 12 day trip between July 15 - Aug 31 to Rio and return Buenos Aires or the reverse. Nine months from now and Low Season in those destinations. Then I'll be likely to listen to those of you who keep saying you have no problems finding Saver Award Tickets.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:23 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=
Good luck OP. See you on UA or AA. I fly on UA only because it is non-stop. If not I will enjoy the vacant seat OP leaves next to me on DL.

Happy travels. (((Talk about bitter))). [/QUOTE]

There are no vacant seats in Business Class so you won't be getting any vacant seats because of me.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: DL DM
OP does know this is an airline, not a lover? LOL.....I left UA after the staff labor action ruined one-too-many trips that summer. I never made such flowery statements...I just left. It's an airline.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
It's like some weird country song where Delta helped his spouse steal his dog, left the crate out on the tarmac during shipping and then hit it with the between gates Porsche. That would maybe explain the bitterness.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: DL DM
I had no problem booking two biz awards in April to Paris....outbound on VS and inbound DL metal.....
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by kapkap46
I was a Diamond 2012 and 2013. No difference for me. Not to say those of you who only care about domestic upgrades don't do a lot better.

Don't care . I get all those benefits in my Business tickets so the only thing I get from DL are miles to be able to use for awards.

Being a Diamond made no difference and for those of you who seem to be such experts on making the system work see if you can find 2 low saver economy awards for a 12 day trip between July 15 - Aug 31 to Rio and return Buenos Aires or the reverse. Nine months from now and Low Season in those destinations. Then I'll be likely to listen to those of you who keep saying you have no problems finding Saver Award Tickets.
Challenge taken. In about 10 min. of searching, I was able to find two low level ATL-GIG/EZE-ATL coach awards, departing Aug. 12, returning Aug. 27. Granted, not a lot of low level availability for your 7/15-8/31 window, but some nonetheless. The problem you're apparently having may be with the domestic segment(s) to or from ATL, or other SA gateway. DL is notoriously stingy with low level domestic awards, particularly this far in advance. But there are workarounds for that.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by arkangel
for those of you who seem to be such experts on making the system work see if you can find 2 low saver economy awards for a 12 day trip between July 15 - Aug 31 to Rio and return Buenos Aires or the reverse. Nine months from now and Low Season in those destinations. Then I'll be likely to listen to those of you who keep saying you have no problems finding Saver Award Tickets.
Originally Posted by arkangel
Challenge taken. In about 10 min. of searching, I was able to find two low level ATL-GIG/EZE-ATL coach awards, departing Aug. 12, returning Aug. 27.
Sounds like it's time to start listening.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bubbashow
OP does know this is an airline, not a lover? LOL.....I left UA after the staff labor action ruined one-too-many trips that summer. I never made such flowery statements...I just left. It's an airline.
He's trying to convince himself that breaking up is the right thing to do.

I think about leaving and then I realize there aren't really any good options. US/AA don't go everywhere I want to go and that leaves UA, who was miserable to fly last time I did that last year and has the WWDD decision making policy.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: Waffle House DM
Originally Posted by brettalb
If you think the people programming the code for the award calendar are actually in Atlanta, then I'm thinking you don't work in technology.
The Award calendar is not programmed. It runs an algorithm that generates a low tier date based on the zip code of the latest Ebola outbreak, which is then resolved to an award amount in miles based on the SkyMiles number of the of the last DYKWIA thread post. Nothing is left to chance.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by fti
... Hint: using the award calendar, like you do with United, is useless and NOT the way to start a search for DL award tickets.
I would really really like someone to explain this comment. And I'm not
talking about business awards or programmers or nerds. I would like to know how to book low awards on Delta. Because when I look, I don't see them.
And when I look on AA or UA, I do.

In other words, add a link or something to the hint. Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by sosafan
I would really really like someone to explain this comment. And I'm not
talking about business awards or programmers or nerds. I would like to know how to book low awards on Delta. Because when I look, I don't see them.
And when I look on AA or UA, I do.

In other words, add a link or something to the hint. Thanks!
There are very few normal level (vs. double or quadruple level) awards on Delta. On some flights there are none ever. On others there is ever only one normal level seat released at 331 days out, and once it's booked, that's it, it's forever gone.

The way to search for normal level awards on Delta is easy:
1. Always search only for 1 passenger (I've never seen 2 normal level seats on any flight I wanted, but apparently it does exist and sometimes happens on less popular flights - or at least there are some legends to that effect, even if no one has seen it in reality).
2. Always search segment by segment, date by date. That is, think of all the routing possibilities for your route and then search all segments one by one.

Expect to spend about as much time searching for a normal level award as you will be flying if you are lucky enough to find it and are able to book it. That is about the norm. (That is, if you can find and book a 10 hour flight in as little as 5 hours, consider yourself very lucky!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.