Delta A330 business class seats

Old Dec 22, 14, 5:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sometimes it takes longer to deplane from that side, if it matters to you. Meal orders can also be taken later, meaning that your chances of getting your first choice are lower.
Old Dec 22, 14, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt View Post
They used an A330 on ATL-SEA? :-:
Yes!

I delayed my vacation 2 days to take the A330 (first time) vs. the 76W. Loved the aircraft, but the flight was really bumpy (2x). I really liked the A330 BE layout vs. the 77L.
Old Dec 22, 14, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL PM (was DL DM for 3yrs), HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
I've often tried to arrange my schedule around taking larger equipment to the west coast, but it always seems to fall through.. Too bad they didn't use that when I took the 8am to SEA to connect to HKG last month!
Old Dec 22, 14, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry View Post
But in the 333 it's a less desirable seat (for some) as it is missing one window, you need to lean forward to see out of the next one.
Haven't flown row 9 on the 333, but if that is the case I can see that being true. My input was for the 332. However, I find these days that windows only matter to me during takeoff, landing, and extreme turbulence.
Old Dec 23, 14, 9:32 am
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
The bin over 2A (and presumably 2J too) is small and odd shaped, but it fits a legal roller bag and a small personal item. I didn't notice whether the window shelf is smaller too due to the curve of the fuselage.
Well, I'll have a standard roller bag and a backpack (only a week trip, no need to check a bag). Guess those would fit overhead?

I'll keep an eye on seating the next week or two. Might jump over to the middle section if nothing else opens up then.
Old Dec 23, 14, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta 2.6 MM/FC/PM
One or two people?
What do you recommend for two people. Going to Rome in April via ATL. I presume the seat config for Delta 1 will be the same as the current BE.
Old Dec 23, 14, 10:28 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by havnfn View Post
Well, I'll have a standard roller bag and a backpack (only a week trip, no need to check a bag). Guess those would fit overhead?

I'll keep an eye on seating the next week or two. Might jump over to the middle section if nothing else opens up then.
Yes if the backpack is small and flexible, like a day backpack but no if it's designed for big wilderness trips.

Originally Posted by landrover View Post
What do you recommend for two people. Going to Rome in April via ATL. I presume the seat config for Delta 1 will be the same as the current BE.
For two, the center section. The first row and last row have advantages and disadvantages. I would aim to be in about the center of the cabin, maybe something like row 4.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Dec 29, 14 at 3:05 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 23, 14, 4:51 pm
havnfn

YYes if the backpack is small and flexible, like a day backpack but no if it's designed for big wilderness trips.
Typical Swissgear ScanSmart laptop backpack. Tucks under most seats even in Y so shouldn't be an issue.
Old Dec 29, 14, 1:38 pm
havnfn

Originally Posted by havnfn View Post
I have an opportunity for 2A or 2J (only windows left on this particular flight) or about anything in the middle.

Kinda leaning to 2A but perhaps 2J for the less frequent foot traffic?

How much activity is there at the closets for the crew?
Well, don't have to worry about 2A anymore. Been keeping an eye on the seating chart ever so often and just now saw 5A open up. Won't have to worry about noise from the closet/lavs anymore.
Old Dec 30, 14, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Follow up question - my mother and elderly grandmother are traveling in BE on a 333 in a few months. Mom wants a window. How is a window and aisle combination? Mom wants to be able to keep an eye on grandmother who mostly just plans to sleep through the whole flight.
Old Dec 30, 14, 3:11 pm

On the A330, the window seats are angled to face the window, so one would need to twist a bit to see a passenger across the aisle, but it's not impossible at all. The seats are too far apart to allow conversation at all. OTOH, you can't see the person in front or behind you without standing up. I'd suggest sacrificing the window to get two seats in the center section next to each other and angled to face each other a bit. The downside is that these seats are accessed from different aisles, so helping someone can require walking around.
Old Dec 30, 14, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by ScrodmanFL View Post
Won't have to worry about noise from the closet/lavs anymore.
Don't think I've seen anyone mess with the closets much during a flight, nor do I believe they make much noise.
Old Dec 30, 14, 6:10 pm

I've been annoyed by FA traffic to/from the front closet on the lower deck of a 747.
Old Dec 30, 14, 8:45 pm
havnfn

Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt View Post
Don't think I've seen anyone mess with the closets much during a flight, nor do I believe they make much noise.
why chance it, though? From comments I've read here and on Seatguru, 5A just seems a better chance of less disturbances than 2A (closets, lavs, foot traffic, light from up front, etc.)
Old Dec 30, 14, 11:18 pm

I'm not saying 5A isn't better. Just surprised you were concerned about the closet, as I'd never really considered it to be of annoyance. Enjoy your flight.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: