Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Increasing Medallion Qualifying Dollar Thresholds in 2015

Delta Increasing Medallion Qualifying Dollar Thresholds in 2015

Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by Delta Points
I am almost the same numbers but I do NOT need a new hobby!

I should end year with about 7500MQD spend and about 275,000 MQMs.
And if it wasn't for the MFS you do to get the Amex waiver, at about $.03 per mile, you are the Skymile Medallion that Delta wants to thin out.

My guess is once there Amex cardholder portfolio gets heavy enough with those carrying a balance(not everyone will, but some inevitably will), then Delta will do away with the waiver.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
It makes gifting gold its weight... well, in gold!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I'm going to expect higher quality DM bling and at least two more GUCs.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mhop1027
First chance they get, the waiver is getting axed. Don't know when that'll be, but when they get free from Amex it makes no sense to keep that item around. Especially as the MQD totals creep toward the $25k mark, if this whole MQD change every year comes to fruition.
whoa, slow down turbo. Don't know when the MQD threshold will hit the 25K mark; maybe when the toll at the GWB hits $20.00 a pop, but definitely no time soon. As for the DL AMEX tie up, I don't think anyone here knows for sure how long it will last for but if they do get rid of the waiver, then my days as a DM are sunk.

Does the UA credit card offer a waiver?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DeltaWings
I'm going to expect higher quality DM bling and at least two more GUCs.
and a public announcement that complimentary upgrades are officially back for DM's on premium transcon flights (which shouldn't include JFK to SEA on a 737).
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
First chance they get, the waiver is getting axed. Don't know when that'll be, but when they get free from Amex it makes no sense to keep that item around. Especially as the MQD totals creep toward the $25k mark, if this whole MQD change every year comes to fruition.
Agree. And as I'm averaging 17 cpm this year, ditching the Amex waiver would be fine in my book.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hyatt
I expect the average ticket price to rise about 17% next year, and this apparent change seems to reflect this. The MQD requirement will continue to rise as long as the average ticket price does as well.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:08 pm
Suspended

The Delta slogan 'UP' certainly applies in this case.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
whoa, slow down turbo. Don't know when the MQD threshold will hit the 25K mark; maybe when the toll at the GWB hits $20.00 a pop, but definitely no time soon. As for the DL AMEX tie up, I don't think anyone here knows for sure how long it will last for but if they do get rid of the waiver, then my days as a DM are sunk.

Does the UA credit card offer a waiver?
<deleted upon request>

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Oct 9, 2014 at 8:18 pm
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Article states waiver at $25k stays intact, though if the requirements creep even closer toward the waiver it'll be interesting to see what happens.
Well, if that's the case, then who cares? Two words: mgf spending
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:17 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Shhhhhh!!!! Please delete this post!!!!!

Last edited by davetravels; Oct 9, 2014 at 8:23 pm
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Will they keep the exemption for foreigners?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL GM 2 Million Miler, UA, AA, FN, Marriott Gold, Holiday Inn Plat, Hyatt Plat
FWIW, Rene's Points Guy has this input on this topic:

"I reached out to Delta to confirm and was told more info would be released tomorrow."

Deltapoints.boardingarea.com
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Shhhhhh!!!! Please delete this post!!!!!

Done.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaJoe
FWIW, Rene's Points Guy has this input on this topic:

"I reached out to Delta to confirm and was told more info would be released tomorrow."

Deltapoints.boardingarea.com
Rene is DeltaPoints, no connection to ThePointsGuy, aka TPG.

Rene is in Randy's BoardingArea while TPG seems to be independent (and very successful).

TPG started this thread.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.