Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Google Wear Boarding Pass

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2017, 8:42 am

Apple Wallet is very convenient. It doesn't require an internet connection, and the pass is one swipe away from the lock screen. You don't have to wait for the Delta app to load, unlike Android phones. I think iPhones and Apple Watches are faster than paper for boarding when the Delta app isn't being used.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
What if.. DL allowed CLEAR members to board through a dedicated lane using their fingerprints or iris .

Faster, cooler, no paper or fumbling with electronics.

Lets be real here, why else would they have a 5% stake
Old Jan 28, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I saw a man with TSA pre-check at SBN of all places in November 2016 put his watch on the TSA reader, and the three beeps went off. Somebody asked "why did he do that?" I responded, "because he can". It was pretty cool, actually.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Danny_DeltaeCommerce
We're glad to hear that some of you have been able to use and we welcome your feedback.

Another way for the boarding pass to get onto your Android Wear device is to come within a couple miles of your departure airport.

When it comes to scanning on flatbed scanners, I've found that the easiest way to get through is to turn the watch so that the face is on the bottom of your wrist.
I'm not very knowledgable about Google devices, but apparently they must be more primitive than Apple Watches. If you were to wear an Apple Watch "upside down",, you'd lose pulse sensor functionality at a minimum (and would probably not have reliable "raise to wake" functionality).

Actually, it's a shame Delta removed all the old-school pop-up scanners. Those would have been ideal for wrist-worn devices.

Hopefully, Delta is working on some kind of NFC technology for boarding passes so we don't have to worry about boarding pass scanners.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Scottop
I hate this "feature" for many reasons. Is there a way to turn it off, so my Delta app doesn't put the boarding pass on my watch? I can't use it for other things when it does.
Vey simple - just don't install the Delta app on your watch. But I'm not sure why you say that - the boarding pass on n Apple Watch doesn't inhibit it from doing other things - just press the Digital Crown and it will go away.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by jimrpa
I'm not very knowledgable about Google devices, but apparently they must be more primitive than Apple Watches. If you were to wear an Apple Watch "upside down",, you'd lose pulse sensor functionality at a minimum (and would probably not have reliable "raise to wake" functionality).
While not officially supported, the pulse sensor would work fine. Raise to wake would not.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Dredging this one up again. Does anyone know the best way to stop DL boarding passes from popping up on an Android Wear watch, short of the DL app completely?

I find the BP to be overly intrusive in taking over the screen, meaning I have to use my other hand to swipe it away just to check the time. I don't intend to use the watch BP ever, and even if I did I don't understand why it needs to constantly take over the watch face all through travel day when there are really only two times you'd need to scan it. It even stays up after the flight is complete!
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
Dredging this one up again. Does anyone know the best way to stop DL boarding passes from popping up on an Android Wear watch, short of the DL app completely?
If you watch is on Android Wear 2, you shuld be able to uninstall the "watch" app on its own from the play store on the watch itself.

This will leave the "main" app on the phone, but should hopefully stop the boarding passes showing.

Last edited by caryh; Feb 27, 2018 at 3:41 pm
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:35 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How easy is it to use the wristwatch boarding pass if you're holding something in that hand?

like 4 carry on pieces of luggage? Easier for a DYKWIa to put BP in mouth or between 2 fingers.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:38 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
What if.. DL allowed CLEAR members to board through a dedicated lane using their fingerprints or iris .

Clear doesn't work for Mrs P. She ends up going to iris scan after several tries.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:40 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card

That would be slower than the current scanner.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I personally am waiting for the implanted delta chips. No boarding pass needed it's all NFC and bluetooth just walk by the scanner and bing bam boom. No paper no app no nada. If you are upgraded instead of a new seat assignment spitting out, its automatically transmitted to your cornea implant.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by caryh
If you watch is on Android Wear 2, you sohuld be able to uninstall the "watch" app on its own from the play store on the watch itself.

This will leave the "main" app on the phone, but should hopefully stop the boarding passes showing.
Yeah I saw i could do that, but was hoping for something more granular. I actually do like the notifications when boarding starts and stuff like that that is actual timely information...it's just the BP all day long that gets annoying.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others

CLEAR reading fingerprints is much slower than the machine reading a boarding pass.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
Yeah I saw i could do that, but was hoping for something more granular. I actually do like the notifications when boarding starts and stuff like that that is actual timely information...it's just the BP all day long that gets annoying.
On a watch which is updated to the oreo android wear build, it should be possible, but only if Delta set the different types of notifications, to different notification channels.

Very few app developers seem to have bothered setting up different channels, and the delta phone app doesn't appear to have them setup.

If Delta implement them, I would expect the phone app to have them first, and the watch app would follow later.

Might be worth emailing [email protected] to request it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.