Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

E-ticket (and Boarding Pass) disappeared

E-ticket (and Boarding Pass) disappeared

Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sethb
From now on, I'll either print paper or at least have them email me the boarding pass.

The problem wasn't that I couldn't check in online, I'd already done that. The boarding pass disappeared from the app (less than 2 minutes away from Security Theater, too).

I didn't bother with paper for the HOOU because I was #1 for an upgrade with 10 seats available.
I had a similar situation in January when I was Vipered off of my flight due to a ten minute delay where I didn't have further connections that day. If I had printed a boarding pass, I would have been fine with TSA security and then probably would have been able to have the GA put me back onto the flight (or have a lounge dragon or phone agent SDC be back onto the flight with a paid FC ticket), but I couldn't get through TSA security and the lines at SkyPriority check in (one hour plus wait) caused me to be unable to get my flight.

I've learned from this to put great effort into getting a printed boarding pass if at all possible.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/3.4 MM, DLAmex Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold 5*
As LoganFlyer said; I always check in as soon as I can at the 24 hour window and then make a screenshot of my BP with both my seat assignment and pre-check qualification noted. I've had the BP disappear before and also have had the pre-check eligibility vanish as well. If I have the time, I'll also do a paper BP for back up as my phone tends to be a little cranky lately. I think the phone companies program it to start screwing up after your 2 year commitment has expired in an effort to force to upgrade yet again.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Didn't want to start an all new thread.

Flying down to Florida out of LGA. Auto checked-in by Delta T-24. 1 hour before the start of boarding time, my BP disappeared from my Delta app. Got to the airport about 10 minutes before the start of boarding, BP wouldn't print from the kiosk (see agent). Got BP printed by agent and inquired why I couldn't see BP on my app or print from the kiosk. No responses. Anyone may know reason?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:22 am

I always print out my BP now just in case.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer in 2014
This is why I take screenshots of my mobile BPs.
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Didn't want to start an all new thread.

Flying down to Florida out of LGA. Auto checked-in by Delta T-24. 1 hour before the start of boarding time, my BP disappeared from my Delta app. Got to the airport about 10 minutes before the start of boarding, BP wouldn't print from the kiosk (see agent). Got BP printed by agent and inquired why I couldn't see BP on my app or print from the kiosk. No responses. Anyone may know reason?
This is why I still take screenshots of my mobile BPs .
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I think it has to do with the new DL app for Android (5.0 I think?)
Old Oct 8, 2019, 6:54 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Paper bps are the way to go. If your devices battery dies/loses charge, even a screen shot won't help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.