Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Launch Customer for New Airbus A320 Interior

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond

Will be first customer to get new A320 family interior starting with first new A321s in 2016.

I guess this is Airbus's answer to the Sky Interior on the 737. Should hold a lot of carry-on bags! Much more than the current Sky Interior bins on Delta's 737-900ERs

http://www.airbus.com/newsevents/new...from-delta-ai/
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Nice try Airbus. Boeing will still have the edge with the new 737 SpaceBins.

http://www.runwaygirlnetwork.com/201...in-look-dated/
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG, Hilton, Starwood
Airbus haters. *eyeroll*
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mmichael453
Airbus haters. *eyeroll*
Party of one checking in.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Nice try Airbus. Boeing will still have the edge with the new 737 SpaceBins.

http://www.runwaygirlnetwork.com/201...in-look-dated/
Except in F, the bins are horrible on the new 739's.

Can't wait for all the pax to put it in like we do today, sideways, or any other way to inefficiently hog bin space.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
...in 2016? Yawn
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I was hoping this would be something about an interior update to the old A320s which have pretty horrendous seating, at least in F, and lack of power in all seats.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
That was announced months ago, along with a timetable for completion.

A319 and A320 aircraft improvements
Delta's 57 A319 and 69 A320 aircraft will receive complete interior updates including new seats in both First Class and Economy cabins with in-seat power throughout the aircraft. The aircraft will also receive new space-saving galleys, new lavatories, new larger-capacity overhead bins with an average increase of 60 percent more carry-on baggage space, updated LED lighting systems and new cabin interiors. Updates to the A319 fleet will also include the installation of in-seat video with satellite TV.

http://news.delta.com/2014-01-08-Del...wbody-Aircraft
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah, I guess I was hoping for some new info for when the current fleet refurbs will begin
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Except in F, the bins are horrible on the new 739's.

Can't wait for all the pax to put it in like we do today, sideways, or any other way to inefficiently hog bin space.
Actually, it should be the opposite, since the aircraft tapers off in the F cabin resulting in less bin capacity than in Y.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:29 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Not an Airbus hater by any means, but I do find the general interior aesthetic on Airbus equipment severely underwhelming. I particularly dislike the A380/A340/A330 overhead bins compared to 777 and the newer generation 767 bins. Boeing did a nice job making the bins feel that they disappear from cabin during flight giving the head extra space. It's open and airy. Airbus is just a standard bin.

A350 and this new A320 mod look better but still boxy and clunky by comparison. Hard to believe that an American company could build something aesthetically more appealing than a European one

But then there is Nokia vs. Apple.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by rylan
Yeah, I guess I was hoping for some new info for when the current fleet refurbs will begin
Ditto. It's really cute when my legs are what's holding up the tray table on the Airbii rather than the struts themselves. I'm also a bit surprised that some of the 320s are actually getting upgrades as many of them were delivered in 1990-1993.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by N515CR
Ditto. It's really cute when my legs are what's holding up the tray table on the Airbii rather than the struts themselves. I'm also a bit surprised that some of the 320s are actually getting upgrades as many of them were delivered in 1990-1993.
Well DL is known for keeping its aircraft a few decades longer
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA million miler
Originally Posted by dll
Not an Airbus hater by any means, but I do find the general interior aesthetic on Airbus equipment severely underwhelming. I particularly dislike the A380/A340/A330 overhead bins compared to 777 and the newer generation 767 bins. Boeing did a nice job making the bins feel that they disappear from cabin during flight giving the head extra space. It's open and airy. Airbus is just a standard bin.

A350 and this new A320 mod look better but still boxy and clunky by comparison. Hard to believe that an American company could build something aesthetically more appealing than a European one

But then there is Nokia vs. Apple.
How about, on some 320's at least, the overhead bins shake and shudder and make a racket during reverse thrust on landing. Klassy.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:37 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by caljn
How about, on some 320's at least, the overhead bins shake and shudder and make a racket during reverse thrust on landing. Klassy.
I have noticed that, and always wondered if that had to do (in part) with the amount of weight up there. Not going to improve with more bags going up there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.