Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Launch Customer for New Airbus A320 Interior

Delta Launch Customer for New Airbus A320 Interior

Old Sep 16, 14, 9:47 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Programs: DL Diamond
Posts: 338
Delta Launch Customer for New Airbus A320 Interior

Will be first customer to get new A320 family interior starting with first new A321s in 2016.

I guess this is Airbus's answer to the Sky Interior on the 737. Should hold a lot of carry-on bags! Much more than the current Sky Interior bins on Delta's 737-900ERs

http://www.airbus.com/newsevents/new...from-delta-ai/
Every1 Get A Life is offline  
Old Sep 16, 14, 10:59 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orlando, FL Area
Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbant, SPG Gold
Posts: 26,517
Nice try Airbus. Boeing will still have the edge with the new 737 SpaceBins.

http://www.runwaygirlnetwork.com/201...in-look-dated/
readywhenyouare is online now  
Old Sep 17, 14, 12:49 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: ATL Concourse E Skyclub
Programs: DL PM, IHG, Hilton, Starwood
Posts: 199
Airbus haters. *eyeroll*
mmichael453 is offline  
Old Sep 17, 14, 1:42 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orlando, FL Area
Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbant, SPG Gold
Posts: 26,517
Originally Posted by mmichael453 View Post
Airbus haters. *eyeroll*
Party of one checking in.
readywhenyouare is online now  
Old Sep 17, 14, 2:42 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DEN
Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Posts: 17,213
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare View Post
Nice try Airbus. Boeing will still have the edge with the new 737 SpaceBins.

http://www.runwaygirlnetwork.com/201...in-look-dated/
Except in F, the bins are horrible on the new 739's.

Can't wait for all the pax to put it in like we do today, sideways, or any other way to inefficiently hog bin space.
mnredfox is offline  
Old Sep 17, 14, 3:17 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,535
...in 2016? Yawn
beckoa is offline  
Old Sep 17, 14, 8:00 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 12,100
I was hoping this would be something about an interior update to the old A320s which have pretty horrendous seating, at least in F, and lack of power in all seats.
rylan is offline  
Old Sep 17, 14, 8:12 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Posts: 28,192
That was announced months ago, along with a timetable for completion.

A319 and A320 aircraft improvements
Delta's 57 A319 and 69 A320 aircraft will receive complete interior updates including new seats in both First Class and Economy cabins with in-seat power throughout the aircraft. The aircraft will also receive new space-saving galleys, new lavatories, new larger-capacity overhead bins with an average increase of 60 percent more carry-on baggage space, updated LED lighting systems and new cabin interiors. Updates to the A319 fleet will also include the installation of in-seat video with satellite TV.


http://news.delta.com/2014-01-08-Del...wbody-Aircraft
3Cforme is offline  
Old Sep 17, 14, 8:41 am
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 12,100
Yeah, I guess I was hoping for some new info for when the current fleet refurbs will begin
rylan is offline  
Old Sep 17, 14, 9:22 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Posts: 1,606
Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
Except in F, the bins are horrible on the new 739's.

Can't wait for all the pax to put it in like we do today, sideways, or any other way to inefficiently hog bin space.
Actually, it should be the opposite, since the aircraft tapers off in the F cabin resulting in less bin capacity than in Y.
Delta 764 is offline  
Old Sep 17, 14, 11:29 am
  #11  
dll
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: LAX
Programs: AA EX PLT; Marriott Plt; *wood Plt
Posts: 2,235
Not an Airbus hater by any means, but I do find the general interior aesthetic on Airbus equipment severely underwhelming. I particularly dislike the A380/A340/A330 overhead bins compared to 777 and the newer generation 767 bins. Boeing did a nice job making the bins feel that they disappear from cabin during flight giving the head extra space. It's open and airy. Airbus is just a standard bin.

A350 and this new A320 mod look better but still boxy and clunky by comparison. Hard to believe that an American company could build something aesthetically more appealing than a European one

But then there is Nokia vs. Apple.
dll is offline  
Old Sep 17, 14, 11:34 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ATL
Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott Plat / LT Gold
Posts: 2,224
Originally Posted by rylan View Post
Yeah, I guess I was hoping for some new info for when the current fleet refurbs will begin
Ditto. It's really cute when my legs are what's holding up the tray table on the Airbii rather than the struts themselves. I'm also a bit surprised that some of the 320s are actually getting upgrades as many of them were delivered in 1990-1993.
N515CR is offline  
Old Sep 17, 14, 1:26 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,535
Originally Posted by N515CR View Post
Ditto. It's really cute when my legs are what's holding up the tray table on the Airbii rather than the struts themselves. I'm also a bit surprised that some of the 320s are actually getting upgrades as many of them were delivered in 1990-1993.
Well DL is known for keeping its aircraft a few decades longer
beckoa is offline  
Old Sep 17, 14, 1:30 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: LAX
Programs: UA million miler
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by dll View Post
Not an Airbus hater by any means, but I do find the general interior aesthetic on Airbus equipment severely underwhelming. I particularly dislike the A380/A340/A330 overhead bins compared to 777 and the newer generation 767 bins. Boeing did a nice job making the bins feel that they disappear from cabin during flight giving the head extra space. It's open and airy. Airbus is just a standard bin.

A350 and this new A320 mod look better but still boxy and clunky by comparison. Hard to believe that an American company could build something aesthetically more appealing than a European one

But then there is Nokia vs. Apple.
How about, on some 320's at least, the overhead bins shake and shudder and make a racket during reverse thrust on landing. Klassy.
caljn is offline  
Old Sep 17, 14, 3:37 pm
  #15  
dll
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: LAX
Programs: AA EX PLT; Marriott Plt; *wood Plt
Posts: 2,235
Originally Posted by caljn View Post
How about, on some 320's at least, the overhead bins shake and shudder and make a racket during reverse thrust on landing. Klassy.
I have noticed that, and always wondered if that had to do (in part) with the amount of weight up there. Not going to improve with more bags going up there.
dll is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: