Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Employee puppy guarding Sky Priority Check in at MSP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:34 am
Original Poster

I haven't flown into or out of MSP as much as normal lately, so I'm wondering if this is normal.

I'm walking toward the Sky Priority check in area. There's a DL employee standing near the entrance. The people in front of me stroll past him and he stands there like a house plant but as I try to walk past he rushes out making a "shooing" motion with his hand and says "This is Sky Priority only. You need to go over there."

It really caught me off guard mainly because he wan't looking at boarding passes. I probably wan't looking my best, but was dressed in business casual (had just come from work).

I responded by telling him flatly that I have Sky Priority status and he mumbled something about me not having a luggage tag (as if that's a useful way to screen people).

While this isn't a big deal, I'll admit it irritated me. Do they regularly have someone out there with no people skills trying to run people off?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
They do guard SkyPriority at MSP. Some of the employees there know the regulars and don't need to see our credentials if they recognize us. Others should offer to show their card or boarding pass.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
They do guard SkyPriority at MSP. Some of the employees there know the regulars and don't need to see our credentials if they recognize us. Others should offer to show their card or boarding pass.
They should train this guy to politely ask to see boarding passes. That wouldn't have bothered me at all.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:51 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by 33teeth

I responded by telling him flatly that I have Sky Priority status and he mumbled something about me not having a luggage tag
I am a DM and I don't have any luggage tags on any of my bags.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
When I go through there they're usually asking for boarding passes. Many times, they've either recognized me or noticed the red Sky Priority banner on my electronic boarding pass before I reach the entry. They'll smile and say 'I saw it on your phone' and wave me through.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
My favorite response to people like this is "Oh... well I won't tell if you won't."
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:18 am

Well, that was rude of him. Seems he needs some finesse.

I'm confused about your title: "Employee puppy guarding Sky Priority Check in at MSP"
I was expecting a cute puppy to be in this story.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by twtrvl
Well, that was rude of him. Seems he needs some finesse.

I'm confused about your title: "Employee puppy guarding Sky Priority Check in at MSP"
I was expecting a cute puppy to be in this story.

Ha. I was also hoping for a cute puppy.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:25 am

By reading just the title, I thought a DL employee had a dog guarding SkyPriority line and was fully expecting a pic or it didn't happen. Imagine my disappointment when I saw there was no actual dog in this story...
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:30 am

A growl means 'Show me your boarding pass'. A wag of the tail means 'go on through'. A bark means 'Denied!'.

We want puppies.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by nichelle
A growl means 'Show me your boarding pass'. A wag of the tail means 'go on through'. A bark means 'Denied!'.
A growl means 'welcome to the Sky Club?'
Old Sep 13, 2014, 1:17 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
True that the above story is rude and just stupid. You could be in F or J without a Medallion tag.

I've found that at most airports, they don't ask to actually see any document or card -, they just quickly rattle off - "SkyPriority / First or Business Class?"
Old Sep 13, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I think they mostly recognize me. I'm probably the only regular guy that consistently shows up in a t-shirt and sweats with a blue tooth. I take a very pragmatic approach to flying.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
I only wish it was like this at BOS. They rarely have an agent standing at or watching the Sky Priorty lines and they'll be full of kettles. It wouldn't bother me if I didn't work in Boston weekly have to deal with this on a frequent basis.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
I only wish it was like this at BOS. They rarely have an agent standing at or watching the Sky Priorty lines and they'll be full of kettles. It wouldn't bother me if I didn't work in Boston weekly have to deal with this on a frequent basis.
I think you're missing the point. Trying to ensure that only the correct people use the line is great. Being a rude a-hole with no people skills is not great.

This guy had a very mall-cop vibe to him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.